OG Kush x Querkle and NL#5 x Kens GDP

• Thread starter andy107
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

andy107

So i decided to transplant my babies it could be a little early but they seem to be doing fine. The pots they are in now is what they will be flowered in.

The first 2 pics are b4 i repotted them.
#1 og x querkle
#2 nl5 x kgdp
#3 og x querkle after i started lst
#4 nl5 x kgdp after i started lst

PB220123
PB220127
PB240129
PB240128
A

andy107

So im pretty sure my plants are sick from something, and also have spider mites! yay

A

andy107

So im not really sure whats goin on here..Both of my plants have yellowing leaves and some kind of a white residue? My guess with the yellowing is maybe they are nitrogen deficient or the Ph is outta wack. As for the white spots im hopin its not spider mites but with my luck it probally is. Here are some pics of sickness
NL#5 x KGDP

PB260122
PB260124
PB260126
PB260128
PB260135
PB260129
A

andy107

This is the OG x Querkle, this one also seems to have lost all interest in growing.

PB260130
PB260131
PB260132
PB260134
N

nvthis

Those white spots look more like thrip damage than mites. Flip the leaf over and have a look...

Also the leaf with the two brown spots look like the leaf just got pinched between your fingers and the edge of the pot.

A

andy107

Those white spots look more like thrip damage than mites. Flip the leaf over and have a look...

Also the leaf with the two brown spots look like the leaf just got pinched between your fingers and the edge of the pot.

When i flip the the leaves over what am i looking for?

N

nvthis

Yup. Thrip turds. They are pretty tiny. You got a loupe? If they are in larval stage, you can see the tiny little buggers scooting to the edge of the leaf. They move pretty fast to. They don't like to be on top. They should be a tan or tannish green and slightly elongated.

A

andy107

Yup. Thrip turds. They are pretty tiny. You got a loupe? If they are in larval stage, you can see the tiny little buggers scooting to the edge of the leaf. They move pretty fast to. They don't like to be on top. They should be a tan or tannish green and slightly elongated.

yea i went and got some stuff that kills them so we should be good! Thanks for the help bro :rauch08:

A

andy107

well i guess ill do a little update, no pics as there isnt much to see. I cut all the fan leaves that had thrip damage off..dunno if thats what i was spose to do but i did it anyway. I got impatient and gave them the switch to 12/12. they are 4 days into flower and no signs of sex yet, my og cross seems to have literally given up on life lol. its not dieing and looks healthy but is growing so sloooow. ill post pics when things get more interesting.

Also being that im noobin it up with my closet, i cant see anyway to put a HPS in there without setting my house on fire lol (no way to vent). i was wondering that since im only running 2 plants in a small closet would i see better growth/yield with one of those LED UFOs rather than CFLs?

A

andy107

update time

Im 16 days into flower and things are going smooth, the nl5 x kgdp is a female with some good bud sites. The og x querkle hasnt shown its sex yet, but im pretty sure its female as well because when i get up close and personal with it there are alot of chrystals on the leaves.

For flowering im using 2 x 42w cfls = 150w each and 2 x 26w cfls = 100w each for a total of 500w all of which are in the 2700k range. I have another 42w im working on gettin up also.

On with the pictures:
1-5 are the nl5 x kgdp
6-9 are the og x querkle

PC160152
PC160155
PC160157
PC160158
PC160159
PC160153
PC160161
PC160162
PC160164
Moe Danks

Moe Danks

Plants are lookin good andy. I would suggest picking up a T5 light set up with the 4 2foot lights. I have one in my closet and it works great and barely produces heat. Your plants would love it.

purpleberry

purpleberry

2 females would be nice, I cant wait to see how these turn out.

ShivaSkunkPunk

ShivaSkunkPunk

Thanks for stopping by bro, this is the first run i have done with this setup. I have grown with cfls before but the plant died when the ex got mad at me and decided to bury it in the snow! But thats old news..lol moving on.

I would love to get a nice set up with HPS and MH but money is very tight in the ole mitten!
For nutes i dont really have much, pretty basic and simple. Im using store bought green thumb potting soil with time release ferts, and i have a bottle of FoxFarm organic Big Bloom plant food for when i flower them. Any other Q's just let me kno!

Whats up Bro, lookin good my friend, hey I wanted to ask where you found the beans at, I too am in the glove and am blown away that you have found these cali strains

A

andy107

Moe, thanks for stopping by bro. I have been looking at t5's for my next grow actually. Here is the link, what do you think? can you flower with t5s more effectively than with cfls?

whats up purpleberry? In the last 2 pics u can kinda see i guess what u could call a "glitter effect" lol so im keeping my fingers crossed! stick around bro.

Hey shiva, hows it goin? i was lucky enough to have a friend gift these beans to me.

Moe Danks

Moe Danks

hey andy.
I've never grown with cfl lights before. but i know that with a t5 like that one from htg (i like htg always good products, good prices, and fast) you should be able to pull an oz or more. My buddy got an oz off one plant under that type of set-up. I'm using that light set-up right now and it's impressing me.

And as far as that link goes. I really like going thru htg for online orders. that is a good price for the light too. I paid $170 for mine from a hydro store.

Happy Holidays and Growing!

A

andy107

hey andy.
I've never grown with cfl lights before. but i know that with a t5 like that one from htg (i like htg always good products, good prices, and fast) you should be able to pull an oz or more. My buddy got an oz off one plant under that type of set-up. I'm using that light set-up right now and it's impressing me.

And as far as that link goes. I really like going thru htg for online orders. that is a good price for the light too. I paid $170 for mine from a hydro store.

Happy Holidays and Growing!

Thanks moe, i will probably end up buying this in the near future. Happy Holidays and Growing to you bro!:smiley_joint:

A

andy107

To make this a little easier ive decided to name these crosses so that i dont have to type out the whole cross lol. The og x querkle cross im calling "purple disco" and the nl5 x kgdp im goin to call "northern nights". Also i found out yesterday that i have 2 females so im stoked!

A

andy107

Just a couple quick pics, the new light setup will be here tuesday. Happy Holidays Everyone!

PC230177
PC230178

Latest posts

Top Bottom