OG Tea (Veganic Special Sauce???

• Thread starter dirtyshawa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

I'm a total noob when it comes to veganics, but it's something I'm eventually going to transition into. Some of the main turn offs when I look into it is brewing my ingredients, sourcing them, etc. Also, I don't fully comprehend how to utilize organics in hydroponic applications, specifically in coco coir. I have zero interest in soil and refuse to grow in it...just my personal thing.

So, I check my mail today and I got a free sample of this with some new beans that arrived. Has anyone heard of it or uses it???
Og tea veganic special sauce
Og tea veganic special sauce 2
Og tea veganic special sauce 3

It says just to add water, no brewing. It can be used in soil and hydroponic applications. I'm going to probably test it out as a foliar feed toward week 7 or 8 of flowering. I'm a ph hound when mixing up my nutes, but I don't fully comprehend how ph isn't important in organics. Also, I use R.O. water, so I think it's important that I understand the implications (if any).

Anyway, any insight, thoughts, and/or opinions on this product would be much appreciated...if you could pass on some information to educate me about organic coco that would be greatly appreciated too!!!

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
no nematodes or protozoa in that tea either I think, ingredients in that tea are dirt dirty cheap. Seems like CAPs bennies would shit all over this. Basic vegan recipes = seaweed, rock phosphate, molasses. B'Cuzz came out with organic feed way back in the day that seems very similar to Kyle's new nutrient line. Same ole ingredients but he is advertising to a Veganic crowd...

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Why won't you grow in dirt? You do notice plants have evolved with it outside no? NOt much vegan feeding going on out there in the flora world. Animal excrement/urine and washed rocks and other things tend to feed most the trees with help of the alive soil...:D

Cjgrow

Cjgrow

First off forget about "veganics" it a retarded catch phrase, soil food web or living organic soil is a better thing to focus on. It's all about your beneficial microbes. I think you could accomplish this in coco but peat/compost are prob mo bettah.

Kyles stuff is a ripoff, look up advanced Eco agriculture

dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

Why won't you grow in dirt? You do notice plants have evolved with it outside no? NOt much vegan feeding going on out there in the flora world. Animal excrement/urine and washed rocks and other things tend to feed most the trees with help of the alive soil...:D
I don't have any problems with others growing in soil, but I'm just a hydroponics guy. It just fits me so well, I love progressive things and the benefits that they provide. It's just superior in every way to me. It's just a personal preference is all. Conversely, when I begin going to the Bay frequently again during football season all I ever get is organic herb. There's no difference to me when chemically grown herb is flushed properly and there's no difference if I grow herb chemically. I concede that organic herb on the market is much much smoother, but if I grow it the herb will be just as smooth.

What do you mean by 'bennies'??? Is that beneficials? In the brochure it says "no brewing allows all species of beneficial bacteria and fungi to inoculate at an equal pace, therefore promoting maximum benefits." Who knows if that is true or not...I sure as hell don't lol. But, I will contact them and try to get a better understanding of this stuff and bring it to you guys. I know you guys will give an honest opinion based on experience.

Cjgrow

Cjgrow

If you wanna grow hydroponically your better off sticking to something like mills or heavy IMO full organic hydro is a headache.

If your interested in using the same methods the world record vegetable growers uses than maybe give living organic soil a try ;)

dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

I saw a bunch of the stuff kyle grew himself and was generally unimpressed. Kinda always kept me away from this stuff
So, this product is the stuff the guy 'Kyle' you're referring to is selling? Let me start researching, so I'm up to speed

dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

Okay I didn't know if thats who you were referring to. I sent these guys an email asking how to incorporate this into my current feed schedule as a foliar. The npk is relatively low, so I don't think it will do any harm. I'm about to begin flowering after the holiday, I should gain a clear understanding of it come harvest time.

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Okay I didn't know if thats who you were referring to. I sent these guys an email asking how to incorporate this into my current feed schedule as a foliar. The npk is relatively low, so I don't think it will do any harm. I'm about to begin flowering after the holiday, I should gain a clear understanding of it come harvest time.

He's not the creator of the line, but endorses it. I do think he's laying claim to the Term Veganic Which is thousands of year's old. Nothing but doing the knowledge on that one. It's" Supposed" to be healthier then organic. You wont find Honest information on long term using, not ina book or forum. Rather try it yourself and figure it out. My brother @Tnelz can give you more accurate details about this stuff for he's embarking with official dude's who push this product and have grown with it with much success. Wish You much success!
Tmb
Respect

dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

He's not the creator of the line, but endorses it. I do think he's laying claim to the Term Veganic Which is thousands of year's old. Nothing but doing the knowledge on that one. It's" Supposed" to be healthier then organic. You wont find Honest information on long term using, not ina book or forum. Rather try it yourself and figure it out. My brother @Tnelz can give you more accurate details about this stuff for he's embarking with official dude's who push this product and have grown with it with much success. Wish You much success!
Tmb
Respect
Good looking out as always @Gamrstwin36 !!! Yeah I'm definitely gonna give it a try...IT WAS FREE lol. Ironically, I went vegan for about a month. I felt great and got ripped, but I lacked the power I had become accustomed to. Anyway, if I knew how to properly apply this product in coco I would give it a try all by itself. I may take some cuts and play around with in the next few weeks.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Good looking out as always @Gamrstwin36 !!! Yeah I'm definitely gonna give it a try...IT WAS FREE lol. Ironically, I went vegan for about a month. I felt great and got ripped, but I lacked the power I had become accustomed to. Anyway, if I knew how to properly apply this product in coco I would give it a try all by itself. I may take some cuts and play around with in the next few weeks.
So in speaking with the owner of organic grow broker in Clinton MA who uses this stuff religiously I'm all over it. He uses OG special sauce, boogie brew, and sea 90 in Vermont compost company Fort vee all purpose compost based potting mix and has some of the nicest plants I've ever seen. He swears by the stuff. I will be adding it to Coco promix and soil plants starting tonight. Don't really care about kyle kushmans word necessarily but the dude I talk to is a for real grower who's opinion I trust. I will be able to give a better opinion soon as I plan to start using tomorrow. Currently using caps bennies on a few plants and root blooms on some others. Both do really well for me. We will see which one I stick with after a few applications. So more info to follow. For the record the OG tea actually has a npk ratio so I'm not sure if the comparison is fair. In any case I'm excited about it and I'll be back soon. Good luck.

mr roboto

mr roboto

First off I'm in soil ,Ive been using the free sample I recieved at the san bern high times cut. They were right next to the bud and roses booth. Im not sure if b&r has anything to do with the co. though.
From my experience I havent really noticed anything special so far by feeding the tea, its just freaking super easy. The only thing I noticed that if you top dress with this stuff and then water. The next day or so it will grow the white fuzzy stuff everyone seems to get excited about.
20140523 205342

dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

So in speaking with the owner of organic grow broker in Clinton MA who uses this stuff religiously I'm all over it. He uses OG special sauce, boogie brew, and sea 90 in Vermont compost company Fort vee all purpose compost based potting mix and has some of the nicest plants I've ever seen. He swears by the stuff. I will be adding it to Coco promix and soil plants starting tonight. Don't really care about kyle kushmans word necessarily but the dude I talk to is a for real grower who's opinion I trust. I will be able to give a better opinion soon as I plan to start using tomorrow. Currently using caps bennies on a few plants and root blooms on some others. Both do really well for me. We will see which one I stick with after a few applications. So more info to follow. For the record the OG tea actually has a npk ratio so I'm not sure if the comparison is fair. In any case I'm excited about it and I'll be back soon. Good luck.
Okay now we're talking! I will be right behind you brother. Now that I know there's some other cats using it on the Farm I feel much more at ease. Glad to hear you're gonna be using it in a coco application aswell. I will definitely be following your lead. My veg tent just whooped my ass for 2 hrs, but now I'm all set for flowering. It's gonna be interesting to see what benefits this stuff brings. Good luck and much success in your op too!

dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

First off I'm in soil ,Ive been using the free sample I recieved at the san bern high times cut. They were right next to the bud and roses booth. Im not sure if b&r has anything to do with the co. though.
From my experience I havent really noticed anything special so far by feeding the tea, its just freaking super easy. The only thing I noticed that if you top dress with this stuff and then water. The next day or so it will grow the white fuzzy stuff everyone seems to get excited about.View attachment 407955
This is my first run with Canna nutrients and I always thought that beneficials were irrelevant when using chemical nutes. But, I still always applied them. As I just finished doing my last veg mix I decided to go ahead and add Canna Boost, which to my surprise is full of beneficials per the label. Your comment has my wheels spinning, specifically the part about the good fuzzy stuff. How are you applying yours? Are you sprinkling it around the base of the stalk or just sprinkling it evenly across the surface?

symbiote420

symbiote420

I remember a time when we didn't need or use half this stuff that's on the market today and we were growing some pretty fine erbs then too! Wonder what changed?

Anyway, I've been using their Pure Microbial Inoculant over the past couple of weeks ...I got a sweet deal from the reps ($20 for a pound bag) so it was worth giving it a shot ....hell I have and love Cap's stuff too but it ain't never gonna be that cheap lol even if this stuffs of a lesser quality my plants do respond, not like they do with Cap's but they're happy none the less above and below the ground!

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
where did you hear this?
Several years ago on a phone call with Dr. Lynette Morgan we talked about many things and why in a soil system with active life how one wouldn't need to add enzymes as the bacteria are essentially creating it and whatnot...blah blah But anyways we got onto Trichoderma as I'd heard various things from various people and she told me that Trichoderma is good if you have something that is deadly or you really wanna kill but that it also is non selective and kills your other myco. You'll notice certain companies omitting Trichoderma from there powdered beneficial bacteria/myco blends and it is based on this belief.

Here is a copy and paste of a tiny bit of this article by Dr. Lynette Morgan:

Trichoderma compatibility with Mycorrhizal fungi

Arbuscular mycorrhizal (AMF) fungi are another wide spread, naturally occurring soil micro organism

which forms a beneficial relationship with the roots of many plant species. Just as with Trichoderma

species, enhanced growth and disease suppression has been well documented with the use of

mycorrhizal fungi inoculated in the root zone of cropping plants (15) . Given that Trichoderma is such

a strong predator and competitor of other species of fungi in the root zone, there has been concern in

the past that negative interactions between Trichoderma and mycorrhizal inoculants could occur, thus

making one or both fungi inactive and therefore incompatible. While numerous scientific studies have

been carried out to determine if Trichoderma verses mycorrhizal antagonism does exist when both

are introduced to the root zone of certain plant species, conflicting results have been reported.

The problem identifying if this sort of interaction does occur is that in biological systems there are

multiple factors affecting the result. Not only are there many species of Trichoderma with different

characteristics and abilities to predate other fungi, but mycorrhizal fungi also contain a number of

species including Glomus claroideum, Glomus mosseae, Glomus intraradicesGlomus geosporum.

Furthermore the conditions in which the fungi are introduced, the crop species tested, growing media,

presence of other microbial life and a host of other factors affect the result of fungal interactions.

While one study (Green et al, 1999) found that the Mycorrhizal fungi G. intraradices had an averse

effect on Trichoderma harzianum, yet another study (Martinez-Medina et al, 2009) reported that

combined inoculation with these two species provided better disease control results and a general

synergistic effect than other Mycorrhizal species tested. and

Many other studies have found a synergist effect when Trichoderma was use in combination with

certain species of Mycorrhizal fungi. It has been reported that dual inoculation of peat substrate with

a mixture of 4 species of Mycorrhizal fungi and Trichoderma harzianum showed a significant effect on

the growth and flowering of cyclamen plants (12), while another study found that more plant biomass

was produced in a peat-perlite mixture when the mycorrhizal fungus Glomus mosseaeTrichoderma

aureoviridae (13) . Other researchers have also reported that various microbial inoculants such as

Trichoderma and others showed no negative effects on Mycorrhizal establishment (14), while others

have reported that combinations of Mycorrhizal fungi species with Trichoderma harzianum and other

beneficial fungi have a synergistic effect and give greater increases in growth and disease resistance

when combined (15, 16, 17) . It has been suggested that the differing results reporting the influence of

Mycorrhizal fungi on other micro organisms is probably not only due to the combination and species

of Mycorrhizal fungi evaluated but also the conditions such as nutrient availability when the studies

were carried out (20) . was combined with

The bulk of the scientific evidence suggests however that the species of Trichoderma and Mycorrhiza

commonly used as inoculants in soil and hydroponics are compatible and potentially synergistic when

used in combination. Trichoderma and Mycorrhiza carry out different but potentially very beneficial

roles in the root zone of plants, involving not only protection from many pathogens, but also

nutritional and growth benefits.

and here is the pdf.

View attachment Urban_Garden_Magazine_3-11.pdf
Top Bottom