Oh My God, He Turned It INSIDE OUT!!!

• Thread starter ttystikk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Am I nuts? Or, does an inside-out tree make sense to you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ttystikk

ttystikk

They are like a collisium setup on steriods but they are weight machines like the rotating gardens are...alot of work trimmin so get that crew lined out

I'm not sure I'm following you here- to which 'they' are you referring?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Both of'm the PI wall and the Octogan..

Those Pi walls are set up in a cube pattern basically capturing the light down the center of the whole setup just like a collisium do and the octogan is just an open air colli

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Here is some more vertical action for inspiration...colli's and grow cages

ttystikk

ttystikk

Here is some more vertical action for inspiration...colli's and grow cages

These are all variations on the theme of a million small plants arranged in a cylinder shape.

While they are similar, I'm stickin' with my trees. And my light mover. Gotta go pogro!

ttystikk

ttystikk

... and the runners are in their blocks! These are two examples of my most prized strain, recently re-identified as super silver haze -we think, lol!

Anyway, these two young ladies shot out loads of roots, qualifying them ahead of their class and have thus been transplanted early, and promoted to lead candidates to test my new growing design. I want to top and train them a bit before they go into the cylinder, and make certain they're at the peak of health and vigor.
20130418 190731

jfizzle2cmu

jfizzle2cmu

... and the runners are in their blocks! These are two examples of my most prized strain, recently re-identified as super silver haze -we think, lol!

Anyway, these two young ladies shot out loads of roots, qualifying them ahead of their class and have thus been transplanted early, and promoted to lead candidates to test my ynew growing design. I want to top and train them a bit before they go into the cylinder, and make certain they're at the peak of health and vigor.View attachment 306870
Ive waiting for this! To quote borat "I so excite!"

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Posted those more for the stack cool tube setups and dual and triple sealed center light assemblies...could allow you to get those lamps in there real close with no negative heat effects...and then when you throw your plant counts to the wind, they are good way to get the weight out of a small footprint..

ttystikk

ttystikk

Posted those more for the stack cool tube setups and dual and triple sealed center light assemblies...could allow you to get those lamps in there real close with no negative heat effects...and then when you throw your plant counts to the wind, they are good way to get the weight out of a small footprint..

One of those companies actually sells their vertical cooltube light stack separately. If the approach I'm taking ends up a blind alley, that's the next step.

I'm hopeful that training two big plants diligently to cover the big canopy space works out, because I really don't want to throw my plant count to the wind! In fact, I'm looking at this tech as a way to lower mine.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

tty I believe your on to something very special here. I look forward to what you're going to bring to the table. No doubt it's going to be something to see. I'm all about more light, less plants in a small area. After all I bang 6 trees with 10k in a 13*13 room. I'm in on this idea for sure..

ttystikk

ttystikk

tty I believe your on to something very special here. I look forward to what you're going to bring to the table. No doubt it's going to be something to see. I'm all about more light, less plants in a small area. After all I bang 6 trees with 10k in a 13*13 room. I'm in on this idea for sure..

You run 10kW of lighting in that 13x13 room. Wondering what you get per run in there? That's enough room for six to eight of these devices, the output of which has yet to be verified...

The main idea I have- and I didn't think of it first- is to stand the canopy up on its side, and then roll it up around the light source. The diameter of the circle is the hardest thing for me to calculate, as a good case can be made for diameters as small as 3' and as large as 6', all with one thouie.

Moving the bulb lets me make the diameter smaller, thus increasing light intensity- but without the burn that often accompanies it. This movement will also reduce leaf shading and I'm hoping it helps reduce stretch by keeping internodal lengths shorter.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

My last run was the first with 6 plants and 10k, before I was running 8 sites and 14k but I thought I could do the same killing my side verts, that imo made hot pockets next to the wall, and reduce plants and spread things out some. I would like to have another couple feet and go back to fully surrounding my trees but 10k for this set up and room size seems to work better. My last run I hit 15lb from those 6, no larf and all dense packagable meds, and should of been at 18 with an easy 3lb a tree. My goal for these rooms is to hit 20, I am running an og cut so hitting that mark takes a well trained and flawless grown room. The next run after this run I'll be running a better yeilding strain and then we can see what these rooms can really do.. My centers are 50 down the rows and 55 across.

I'm digging your thoughts on your setup and the way you pick other farmers brains WILL in turn give you what your searching for.. I've never ran a light mover as to me they seemed unworthy to my method of growing. But you my kind friend have adopted those movers to be used with my trees, for that I'm all in, I'm a tree guy myself.. ;) Kind of off subject but you talking about internodal stretching made this pop to mind. This run I started one room two weeks behind the other, to make trimming easier, the only difference between the two rooms being room 1 had roots already coming out the net pots where as room 2 was popped into the UC before roots hit. Room 2 has way more stretch than room 1. Room 1 stayed tight all throughout veg while room 2 looks like a different strain being more lanky.. Have you noticed well rooted established plants into entry to water being easier to keep tight and thick?

ttystikk

ttystikk

Wow, 15 huh? I'm impressed! That's 2.5 per plant or to put it another way;
15/2.2= 6.818kg
kg/10kW=0.68g/W

My last flat canopy run was 6 under 4kW;
6/2.2=2.727kg
2.727kg/4kW=0.68g/w

In other words, we both got the same results, when viewed from a grams per watt perspective.

My goal with the vertical canopy system is 3-4 with a single thouie: 1.36-1.82kg, or 1.3-1.8g/W. To put this in perspective, that's like getting 30-40 pounds from those same 10kW!

What's even more fun is that I get to produce that 3-4 in a footprint of less than 16 square feet!

ttystikk

ttystikk

Your observations about plants stretching more with smaller roots is fascinating, and highly relevant to what I'm doing right now. I need my girls to stretch like crazy so they each cover 25sq ft of canopy space, and that's not easy!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Your observations about plants stretching more with smaller roots is fascinating, and highly relevant to what I'm doing right now. I need my girls to stretch like crazy so they each cover 25sq ft of canopy space, and that's not easy!

stretching and stackign are 2 different things!

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

That was actually my original goal, to match the watt/g ratio in a smaller sq foot area. That's what makes your idea so appealing to me. I am confident if I rocked 70in centers I would be at 3 1/2 per site easily and wanting 4 a site, 28 is my goal on a 6 site with all 14k on. I need that extra space though. Now I want what your talking about and I'm not going to stop dreaming... YES!!

I look forward to seeing what you find from unestablished roots and the difference in plant growth when entering water.. I too will like to use this to my advantage with certain strains.

ttystikk

ttystikk

ty if you get 4 potatoes form 1k everyone will make the switch. I can't wait to see it done.

Just two is 50% better than most people get, and I'm serious when I say that if that's all I pull the first time, I will know what went wrong.

You have more faith in people than I do. If I pull four, everyone will call me a liar!

ttystikk

ttystikk

stretching and stackign are 2 different things!

Very true, which is why I'm quite sure that the real key to yields with this approach isn't the tech, it's going to be all about managing the stretch and stacking phases to put budding sites across the entire canopy surface- evenly, please!- and then let them stack up towards the bulb once the plant's growth transitions.

Easier said than done. I'm open to suggestions and advice! I know my strain pretty well, I think. I know what structure I'm looking for and how to train the plant to gain it.

That structure is about 20" tall, with 4-6 main branches aimed at the corners of the canopy. At this point, I'll install the plant in the system and flip it into bloom. Once each runner gets to its objective, I'll top it to stop its progress and encourage thickening. The goal for transition is to have a budding site everywhere on the canopy surface, perhaps a hundred in total per plant. If I manage this part well, an eye popping final number is within my grasp- flub it and my yield will suffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom