Oh no what do i do

• Thread starter Cheechbe2311s
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cheechbe2311s

Cheechbe2311s

So my dog randomly comes in the room to enjoy a few of the greater things in life with me, when all of a sudden he sneezes and his snout hit a branch on a beauty and split it right in the middle almost. Now can I chop that branch off (if need be, but I dont wanna) and still have a wonderful looking lady? Or can I pull it tight again and it will start to rebound together? HELP HELP HELP.

Oh no what do i do
TSD

TSD

So my dog randomly comes in the room to enjoy a few of the greater things in life with me, when all of a sudden he sneezes and his snout hit a branch on a beauty and split it right in the middle almost. Now can I chop that branch off (if need be, but I dont wanna) and still have a wonderful looking lady? Or can I pull it tight again and it will start to rebound together? HELP HELP HELP.
Lol... tape it back together and remove the tape once it heals, next time do it immediately so it has a better chance of fusing back together. I've had one run over by a tractor and taped the main stalk back together... they're surprisingly resilient.

airedog

airedog

Supporter
Velcro gardening tape;

works well. I've had outdoor tree main stems split and do well after being taped. You can see a piece of the tape in the picture below and the stalk split it repaired. To be clear, there were multiple bands of tape, spaced up the split; larger plant = more bands of tape.

Normski420

Normski420

Airedog I know it’s off topic but do you have a pic of the full plant. She looks like a beast 😳

airedog

airedog

Supporter
Black bag in foreground, July 7, 2016; Dr. Greenthumb - Oh Zone.

September 16 (same day stalk picture was taken).

As long as we're off topic; ProMix in 100 gallon grow bags, fed AN Conny with full Grand Master lineup of supplements on a feed/feed/water cycle. Started indoors and put out the end of June at about 2' high. Beige bag may be a 150. Zone 5a growing region.

Cheechbe2311s

Cheechbe2311s

Lol... tape it back together and remove the tape once it heals, next time do it immediately so it has a better chance of fusing back together. I've had one run over by a tractor and taped the main stalk back together... they're surprisingly resilient.
I did fuse it immediately after I took the pic. I freaked a lil bit but took the pic tied it so that it's super tight. The whole pic and put together took prolly 5-10min

Received 199282788474427
Received 312606643601922
airedog

airedog

Supporter
Be sure to loosen tie as plant grows, otherwise the stalk will encapsulate the cord.

mcuecue

mcuecue

bandage tape works nicely, wrap it nice and tight as the material allows for air to get to it while it heals

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

We use pipe cleaners. Once it's healed, we can take them off and re-use.
We get one almost every grow. It happens when your tent is crowded.

mcuecue

mcuecue

We use pipe cleaners. Once it's healed, we can take them off and re-use.
We get one almost every grow. It happens when your tent is crowded.
It just happened to me on Friday morning, I was tightening some lst wires and pulled a little too hard and I heard it crack. I split the main stem at right at the center of the Y , straight to the base of the plant. I wrapped it while it was still wet. It doesn't seem to have effected it, no drooping at all. I am thinking of adding some silica or Power Si to the next feed in hopes that it will help it heal quicker. What worries is me the plant is in week 3 of bloom.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Use a q-tip and smear pure unrefined raw honey on it and then tie it back together.
Loosen the tie in 3 days and check it.
That's a larger branch, make it 4 days.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Natural honey is;
Antibiotic
Root stimulating
Promotes nute uptake

There is more, this is just what I know off the top of my head.
Honey does everything those others do without adding salt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom