Oh no!?

• Thread starter greenguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
greenguy

greenguy

worst possible news :(

noticed today that my timer was'nt working properly. My light stayed on all last night, I'm not sure how long this has been going on...possibly a few days. I found seeds developing in a couple of my best buds.

in 6th week of flower and buds were coming along amazingly, I dont want to sack the whole grow...

what to do now?

420alldaze

420alldaze

hey greenguy, how bad is it? just pull whatever nanners you see and you should be fine. how long you takin them ? what strains of plants, lights etc. some pics would help even more. good luck peacentreez 42o

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

Yeah nip the male floweres and hope they don't go off course too much and they maybe going in to veg now and now back to flower, so you may see some slow growth for a bit. Not sure the plant count but keep a close eye on each plant the next two weeks and see if they go through any changes.

greenguy

greenguy

First grow:6 pre 98 bubba kush clones planted in one bed under a 400w HPS inside a small grow tent.

6 wks now and was planning on going 9wks probably

no real nanners...just noticed an awkward buldge in one of the flowers and poked around to find what had to be a brand new seed, looked around and found another hidden in a different bud.

I guess I will continue to check them daily and remove seeds when I find em, continuing as normal and chop at wk 9 or so

greenguy

greenguy

So I looked around and found a few more seeds...Total bummer, seem to be in my most developed buds. I am assuming that this will continue?

does this mean the plants are Hermie? Is this bc the light skipped a dark session or two? or could this be due to other tramas? or could it be bc the clones were from a hermie potentially?

coloradochem

coloradochem

yea most likely, i also think picking them out is more detramental than leaving them in

lazarus718

lazarus718

yea most likely, i also think picking them out is more detramental than leaving them in

Yeah dude, don't pick the seeds out, that isn't going to change the fact that pollen has already been released. All you're accomplishing with that is throwing money down the drain when you have to buy more. If your lights were only 24/7 for one day I don't think the plants would have started popping bananas so if that is all that was going wrong you might have had the timer malfunctioning for a couple days. Some strains also naturally tend to hermie later in flower, lots of guys on here have grown bubba so I'm sure one will chime in. But yeah, leave those seeds in there and let them mature. More than likely you already have some good flower development in the plants and you don't have another crop of them that you are worried about impregnating so pick the nanners you find and let them go on their merry way. You can chock the bad timer up to a rookie mistake...buy quality electrical products and check up on your grow even during dark time to make sure all your equipment is working correctly!

greenguy

greenguy

thanks for the advice fellaz much appreciated! I'll be happy with whatever I get

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
If youre finding fully developed seeds you must have had a male flower or two earlier in bloom. No way that youd have full beans a few days after the timer mishap. Especially if youre finding them deep inside your buds. Sounds like that thing was throwin nanners much earlier than you think.

Dunge

Dunge

Go on a nanner hunt.
They look like lite green bananas inside flower clusters.
Small tweezers to pluck.
You have some seeds.
Things could be worse.
What you don't want is reveg.
EL-9Dec2010small.jpg

greenguy

greenguy

Thank you for the picture...I will go on the hunt and see what I turn up

greenguy

greenguy

Found two or three seeds so far but havent identified any more...would dutch masters reverse work well here?

Top Bottom