Oh wow.. Jon Stewart goes off..

• Thread starter Lost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bobby bongwater

this is how they win

the debate on this thread perfectly demonstrates how corporate amerika wins. fox, msnbc, abc, etc. are all agenda driven: trying to influence and manipulate peoples opinions on behalf of their owners and advertisers. the debate is framed simplisticly as left vs right, dem vs rep'can. bottom line: this is how they win. they hide the facts and frame everything as left vs right. people get sucked in and BINGO!!! we are divided and conquered.

nothing wrong with a little capitalism, we all wanna make a buck. problem is when the military-industrial complex hides behind a war on terror to make a buck. this example on JS's show is classic. create controversy (sells ad space), incite fear of 'them' (muslims, which helps funds a war on terror) and keep americans distracted by a foreign "threat' so they don't notice how bad they are being f@#$ed.

my .02

O

Oregonic

Preaching to the choir bobby, ignorance knows nothing of politics and it spreads across every race and nationality like a wild fire. It effects all social classes and doesn't care how much money you have. Greed of man......

There is no argument, that's kinda the point. We consistently find reasons to argue over NOTHING..... it would be fucking funny if it wasn't so sad.

B

bobby bongwater

just to be clear

bro, wasn't trying to be argumentative. also, didn't mean to preach. I guess i just get sick of the endless lies and bullsh$t coming out of fox,msnbc et al. it's a sad state of affairs when i have to wait for the comedian to tell me the truth cause i cant rely on a major news group not to lie through their teeth to the 'sheeple'lol. your dead on...if it wasn't so sad we could laugh.

good comment 'weak links in our human herd'...so true

peace to everyone and thank god for JS...not only does he make us laugh but he exposes their lies:help:

H

Hap

We need JS to point out the ridiculous, ironic, and corporatly criminally insane actions of the establishment, bong salute to him. Many days I think I might have gone mad with my anger if he had not made me laugh and let some of it go. And his vid links are up on all the political web sites every time he nails another scumbucket, he makes a difference.

I grew up on a dirt farm, and do not understand how folks do not recognize evil when they see it. An entity is either friend or varmit, you feed one, and I reckon y'all know what to do to the other. Fox is evil, devious, but easily evil on any scale, and it is one of the few choices many people have, compounding it's evil influence. Likewise, is it not easy to see that republicans are Sith? It seems as clear as if they had the red eyes to me. But it is good to have stewbeef and the colbert nation on the job.

H

Top Bottom