Oha-olcc Transition, How It's Effecting Me.

• Thread starter jdogdabface
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jdogdabface

jdogdabface

Hello farmers,

I live in Oregon and I was just reading up on the new OHA-OLCC transition thats going on, and the rules behind it.
Theres a ton thats changing, and Im sure it's effecting everyone in different ways.
One of the new laws being that medical growers have to be 21 years of age...
I come from nothing and growing medicinal cannabis has been struggle but thru hard work and dedication it has become an asset in my life. I started when I turned 18 and became a caregiver, and have been expanding since. Im almost 20 now, and I don't know what Im going to do. Providing to patients was my job and now I'm being forced out of not only what I love to do, but also what I do to pay rent in this ever so expensive state.

All because there trying to streamline basic rules for medical and rec, but on another hand there trying to keep the markets separate.

Who is making these laws? And is there a way that I can help stand up and say this isn't right!

I would love anyones opinion, as well as any ideas as to how i might be able to continue growing legally, or if this change is effecting you in any way. Shit aint right.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I feel you bro. I'm here to. This shit sucks. There gona force us out. But kind of depends on how big your grow is for medical. The OLCC is making the rules with a chosen few rich growers that are stuffing government tools with tons of money. Think about what they did here to the tobacco industry, now look down that same road. Rite now it's bad to smoke tobbaco but good to smoke pot. Give me a fuckin break. As soon as you no it they'll be going after growers because " smoking marijuana causes lung cancer". All this is is a tax on the people so they can get there huge piece of the pie then fuck every private entrepreneur that went for it. How long till your 21? It's gona take time before they get to you to revoke you. See if you can change your cards to some one you trust that's 21. There's ways to go around there bull shit rules. There's not really anything you can do to voice your displeasure unfortunately. You can always go underground. I know tons of growers that are doing it. Fight the good fight brother I'm here for you.

jdogdabface

jdogdabface

I appreciate the response brother. This whole situation Is seriously shitty. Ill be 21 in like a year and a half, way too long to pull the plug and wait. I think thats what I'm going to have to do, either find someone of age or go old school.

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
Do what we used to do in the old days...roll dirty.I feel your frustration.a lot of us survived in the black market for years.keep your friends close,and start ditching anyone you wouldn't trust your freedom with and you'll be fine.
Remember half the people here come from states it is still 100% illegal.

Trixxi

Trixxi

I appreciate the response brother. This whole situation Is seriously shitty. Ill be 21 in like a year and a half, way too long to pull the plug and wait. I think thats what I'm going to have to do, either find someone of age or go old school.
From an industry inside perspective you could start an associates degree at a local community college in plant science, horticulture or a similar field. That only takes 2 years. I am 34 years old and my age is not what is holding me back it is that younger people with degrees are selected as more intelligent and capable of recreational grows than a "home grower" so while you are waiting it is in your best interest to study plant sciences seriously to put yourself in a place where employers respect your knowledge. More and more disrespect is given to home growers than you would believe

Trixxi

Trixxi

Working in this industry has been harder than the most difficult jobs I have ever worked and employer gratitude in terms to raises and rewards is nonexistent.

The industry has to evolve to get better and most likely only the strongest cannabis companies will survive the long run

Top Bottom