• Thread starter oscar169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
22286380_BG1.jpg

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - A proposed constitutional amendment to legalize medical marijuana in Ohio has cleared an initial step to get before voters.

Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine certified a summary of the proposal on Friday and said the submission contained the 1,000 valid signatures required for the effort to move forward.

A group called the Ohio Rights Group is behind the Ohio Cannabis Rights Amendment, which calls for a commission to regulate the use of medical marijuana and permit Ohioans to grow industrial hemp for paper or clothing.

The group hopes to put it before voters by 2014 and must collect roughly 385,000 valid signatures to get the measure on the statewide ballot.

The Ohio Ballot Board analyzes the amendment next week

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
You basically have to have three times the 385,000 signatures required because traditionally 2/3 of petition signatures are unverifiable...we ran into that out here and after the vetted the signatures from the petition, they didn't have enough and had to go at it again...standing in a mall and gettin people to sign a form/petition that agree with you is not what the state needs or excepts as a valid petition

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

You basically have to have three times the 385,000 signatures required because traditionally 2/3 of petition signatures are unverifiable...we ran into that out here and after the vetted the signatures from the petition, they didn't have enough and had to go at it again...standing in a mall and gettin people to sign a form/petition that agree with you is not what the state needs or excepts as a valid petition
Right, in ohio word is spreading though, most of the signatures will come from online hopefully, we'll see how it pans out. i'd rather just see it legalized but i guess medical is a step foward, cross your fingers and toes lol.....take it easy

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Good luck neighbors!!! Get it done!!;)

organicozarks

organicozarks

Double the needed signatures is the industry standard. When you are paying canvassers you only pay for "good" signatures anyway. So if they want to waste 8 hours a day getting "bad" signatures then they don't get paid. It is all performance based. Being that Ohio has major in State funding there is not much chance of this not going to vote. Now will the people vote for it? That is the question.

It will be nice to see another domino topple. I will put my bet on this passing in 2014.

Top Bottom