Oil Consistency Issues

• Thread starter Yooper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

Yooper

Hey all,

New member here, so first I would like to thank all of the members of this community for all of the information they have posted. Most of what I have learned has been online in one form or another so I wouldn't be anywhere close to where I am if I didn't have these resources available.

About 2-3 months ago I purchased a closed loop system. specifically, the terminator MK III. I have done about 5 runs on the machine now and have had difficulty getting a consistent consistency with my finished product. Before I started using the closed loop system I had no problem getting shatter/ taffy 75%< of the time. The pics I posted show what is happening. half the slab is a nice taffy texture and the other half is a hard wax that crumbles which is not desirable.

I think the problem is occurring from too much nucleation of the product when I scrape it out of the Terpinator, but really it could be anything.

heres a little info from my last run:
Bath temp: 70-100 degrees
Material: 80% nug 20% trim of Power Plant
purge temp: 100 in AI vacuum oven
purge process: 12 hours vac at -28"hg (I have to take my vac back to harbor freight. thing won't pull a full vacuum anymore!), freeze and flip patty and repeat 3 times total.

if anyone has some pointers on what I can do to improve my results it would be greatly appreciated! let me know if any other information is needed.

Thanks!

Y

Yooper

I am currently attempting to upload pictures from my phone, for some reason they don't want to upload to this forum.

Graywolf

Graywolf

Hey all,

New member here, so first I would like to thank all of the members of this community for all of the information they have posted. Most of what I have learned has been online in one form or another so I wouldn't be anywhere close to where I am if I didn't have these resources available.

About 2-3 months ago I purchased a closed loop system. specifically, the terminator MK III. I have done about 5 runs on the machine now and have had difficulty getting a consistent consistency with my finished product. Before I started using the closed loop system I had no problem getting shatter/ taffy 75%< of the time. The pics I posted show what is happening. half the slab is a nice taffy texture and the other half is a hard wax that crumbles which is not desirable.

I think the problem is occurring from too much nucleation of the product when I scrape it out of the Terpinator, but really it could be anything.

heres a little info from my last run:
Bath temp: 70-100 degrees
Material: 80% nug 20% trim of Power Plant
purge temp: 100 in AI vacuum oven
purge process: 12 hours vac at -28"hg (I have to take my vac back to harbor freight. thing won't pull a full vacuum anymore!), freeze and flip patty and repeat 3 times total.

if anyone has some pointers on what I can do to improve my results it would be greatly appreciated! let me know if any other information is needed.

Thanks!

Here is how I operate a Terpenator. I used the Mk IV as an example, but it will work with the Mk III as well, with minor plumbing modifications to support bidirectional flooding.

https://skunkpharmresearch.com/the-generic-terpenator-operators-manual/

I typically turn it into cotton candy at the end and just brush it out of the pot as powder after about 30 min in the freezer.

Y

Yooper

Thanks for the link graywolf. I will be making a batch in the next day or two so ill be back to post results on the results!

Latest posts

Top Bottom