Oil For Edibles?

• Thread starter marauder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

marauder

If one were to be turning about 5 lbs of trim into edibles, would you turn it into oil first? What method of oil extraction would you use? Why would you use oil rather than kif? Sorry if any of these questions were stupid, thanks in advance for your time.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I would, oil works much better in edibles than slow cooked butter soaks

Tex

S

sfzoo

Works super well! heat treated even better.

google 'heat treated bho for edibles'....don't wanna link another site on here. But it becomes wayyyy more potent after you decarboxylate(heat treated) it.

Blaze

Blaze

Not a stupid question at all! IMO it depends on what type of edible you want to make. Oil is great for recipes that do not contain much butter, such as candies or chocolates. However making oil costs more than making butter. Also IMO the high is different when you eat oil vs butter.

Since you have 5 lbs of shake, why not experiment a bit? Make some into oil, some into kief, and some into butter and see what your personal preference is. I use all of the above methods for my edibles, depending on what the recipe is. For example I use oil for hard candies, butter for when I make caramels, and kief for pizza dough.

M

marauder

After checking out the suggested reading by sfzoo, I am wondering if you guys have experience with fully decarboxylating oil? Trainofthought seems to propound great advantages to heating the oil to VERY high temperatures as to fully decarboxylate it(taking it up just before it starts to smoke then waiting before taking it back up). Is this method more desirable than simply putting it in the oven at a certain temperature for a certain amount of time? Anyone have experience with these two methods of decarboxylation and the results yielded? Input is greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Im pretty sure the oil texas kid makes for food isnt butane based - I seem to remeber a thread he did about it - Ill try and find that

kief for pizza dough blaze - tell me more bro - that sounds awesome

Blaze

Blaze

It is pretty simple really. Just be sure that your kief or bubble hash is ground into a very fine powder, and then knead it into the dough with your flour and salt. That's it! However IMO it is not the most efficient use of hash, since pizza does tend to cook quite hot. Still gets you stoned though, hehe.

Another tactic is to just cook the pizza at a lower temp, like 300 or maybe even 350, but then you are not really making pizza anymore, at least in my opinion.

C

cannabinoid

since you're not vaping the oil you don't have to use a technique for maximum quality instead you'd be going for maximum quantity

i would say some sort of soak/wash with everclear (190proof) alcohol the oil may be dark but after a heating to decarboxylate it should make a mean edible

you could venture into using other solvents as well as long as you know your source and that it evaporates cleanly, the principles are the same, soak, filter, evaporate

Latest posts

Top Bottom