oil in my oil????? plz help

• Thread starter Steve Gray
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Steve Gray

Steve Gray

today i was using my new vac machine and i realized that if i leave the machine off w/o turning the nozzle so the vac is only in the desiccrator, that oil started spewing threw the tube and into the desiccrator, putting a small layer on top of it, i quickly took the bho oil out of the desiccrator and tried to swab up the oil on top of my bho, is my bho completely wasted? plz help :( im such a dumbass

rusty

rusty

im just going to speculate here, but perhaps if u dissolved it into some everclear, then the oil would sit on top (i think?), where you could then use a separatory funnel or mix it in a glass and use a turkey baster to get everything under the oil. U'd stop funneling, or stop using the baster just short of the top layer where the oil is. Then evaporate the everclear off, or go ahead and winterize it and make some amber.

If you are working with shatter, maybe u can just wipe it up good enough? I dunno… that would be yer call

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

this happened to me twice haha, you need to get a regulator that will go inline between the pump and chamber to release the vacuum. When it happened to me it was at a stable point, I patted it dry with a paper towel and got most of it off, I don't know if it penetrated the oil but it seemed to just slick off the surface like water on a rain coat... Any way, patted dry switched the container it was in (from original blast pyrex to parchment) dried the whole chunk up and then just continued vaccing until it honeycombed. there was a weird white layer on the bottom of the finished product and it didn't smoke great but it didn't taste like chemicals or burn weird, just didn't taste amazing. It was a batch I was making my friend and he smoked the shit out of it and said it was fine, we didn't cough when we smoked it and I'm not sick. The second time I was making the batch for the same friend, we saved it just in the nick of time though. I would smoke it, fuck it I've smoked way worse with the amount of butane still in the product back in the day.

Steve Gray

Steve Gray

yea but when the oil sprayed over mine, it was a nice sized muffin so wen it shrunk up, it was just all in it, i threw it away...ohh well, 160$ down the shitter. and with my pump and chamber, the chamber has a nozzle that i can switch so wen i take the tube off the machine, it keeps the purge inside the chamber. its ok, we all learn from out mistakes. however, when i am using the vac purge, on the first initial blast, shuld i let if muffin up until it pops? or does that rarely happen? i feel like seeing such a big muffin go back down into such little size traps up some of the tane.

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

i vac til stable at room temp. vac the muffin, let it sit full vac for a few minutes... let it down, vac it up same way, let it down until it doesn't let down you can take it out and see that it is completely stable. then i melt it down at 120, the oil gets to about 110. then I vac that sap (shatter w/e) clear amber at 140 until it honeycombs up, it dries out and swiss cheeses no whipping

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

oh i do the 3 steps until there is no action at the end of each step... 90 degree purge to get the liquid tane to evaporate leave until no action, then throw in vac at room temp. til no action, then 120 til no action, then 140 til no action (honeycomb)

bobismyfather

bobismyfather

yep your oil is shit and not salvageable.

2 chambers seemed like to much work, so i raise the edge of my extraction jar higher then the air inlet. any oil flowing back goes onto the side and into the bottom of the chamber.

having the pump lower then the chamber helps as well.

squiggly

squiggly

Yeah dude, if you have oil in your oil--you've got problems in your problems.

It would be possible to separate these by chromatography--else you're fucked, without this process there will be residual material left over no matter what you do.

Steve Gray

Steve Gray

haha thanks brotha, i figured, so i trashed it, mayb if i had a friend like u tht culd do it for me, but nah man, its k, ima go make a new batch. btw tht oil came out the most beautiful ive ever seen me craft, then it got squirted on lol :(

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

Hahaha we smoked the shit we made, woops oh well like I said I feel like I've smoked worse. Maybe that explains the nose bleeds and burning throat... Haha jk. Hopefully no more oil in anyone's oil from now on. Watching it pump into the chamber was like a saw movie, we crimped the hose at first and it went through the barrier it was like a timed mechanism til death. There were no scissors around and the lid was vacced to tight to pull off. Second tine we had scissors

rusty

rusty

Heya Fasheeryfo, I dont suppose you could post a link to a vacuum regulator like the one you mentioned above? I'm kind of ignorant about vac pump shits and I'm just curious as to what exactly it does… I'm looking for something to help keep vapors from getting into my vacuum oil… I picked up one of these to put inline, but I dont think it will work for keeping ethanol vapors out of the oil when purging ethanol
http://www.harborfreight.com/oilwater-separator-68246.html

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

the regulator.. more of an on/off switch I think, I don't actually have one I saw it in a video, it seems like more of a switch which allows you to hold the vacuum and release the vac out into the air instead of.. well I have to unscrew a thing on my vac because I never bought a gauge or anything... I can't find a link of just the gauge set but from the pic, the blue side attaches inline with the vac/chamber and the red side you can release the vac and control the Hg you want it at.
http://www.amazon.com/FJC-KIT6-Vacu...=1351878455&sr=8-1&keywords=vacuum+pump+gauge

Top Bottom