Oil vaporizer

• Thread starter buzzkill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

buzzkill

What is the best IYO ?? any portable hand held ones ?

I have seen the one with the glass tube ( forgot the name ) and also the heated plate type for a water pipe but nothing portable .

Graywolf

Graywolf

We had some of these made at a local glass shop . I use either a quartz wand or a CP Titanium one.

The quartz ones were made for me by a scientific glass shop and the CP Titanium wand at an aerospace welding shop with an inert atmosphere chamber.

Oil pipes and wands
M

mdTHC420

i have an essential vape, or how ever the tards spell it. really only a glorified crack pipe thats easier to refill, so really u just have to make crap pipes and all look less cracky and you have an oil pipe.

Camdawg

Camdawg

just tried the health stone and gotta say fast easy simple which is key after a few hash hits

M

MTgrower

I'm definitely down with the oil globe. Top load. Titanium nail, dabber, and dabber holder. Blow torch.

http://i1238.invalid.com/albums/ff485/StinkBomb420/IMG_2261.jpg

http://i1238.invalid.com/albums/ff485/StinkBomb420/IMG_2266.jpg

http://i1238.invalid.com/albums/ff485/StinkBomb420/IMG_2268.jpg

http://i1238.invalid.com/albums/ff485/StinkBomb420/IMG_2278.jpg

I definitely like the top load globe better than the side load. That SYN showerhead diffuser is one of the nicest bubblers I've ever hit.

The Ti nail is way better than glass. Definitely worth the money.

Graywolf

Graywolf

That looks like an oil well on an X-Man in the background. Are you a local home town boy BK?

Camdawg

Camdawg

the skillet and dome are great for the home but portable the health stone has(h) them beat

M

MTgrower

the skillet and dome are great for the home but portable the health stone has(h) them beat

Sorry, I didn't know how portable we were talking. I guess we're talking pocket sized.

B

Buddy Flowers

"The Ti nail is way better than glass. Definitely worth the money. "

how so?

M

MTgrower

"The Ti nail is way better than glass. Definitely worth the money. "

how so?

It doesn't break. That is the main deal. It seems to give better, more dense hits too. Maybe it gets hotter, I don't know. The piece came with two glass nails too, but they don't get used unless someone requests it. I have one friend that likes hits from glass nails better. Personal preference, I guess. The not breaking thing is the major advantage.

The Ti nail looks cool, and it spins the smoke as it is drawn through. I don't know what, if any, effect this is supposed to have on anything, but it looks nice.

Update: I am doing hit for hit comparisons right now.
- the Ti nail heats up considerably faster compared to glass
- it is much easier to see when the nail is hot; the Ti nail quickly turns red hot.
Otherwise, the hits taste the same, and if I get the glass hot enough, it gives dense hits like the Ti nail.

Reactions: mal
B

Buddy Flowers

nice, thanks for the compare/contrast mtgrower. think i'll give the TI nail a shot. appreciate the info man.

B

buzzkill

Thanks Guys ( out of town a few days sorry for the late reply )
I was thinking of a POCKET unit that is portable maybe battery operated ? I use E-cigs ( to stop smoking cigs ) and tried one with some oil and it worked pretty good but not quite there IMO .

I actually make custom ecigs and thought that maybe there might be a way to mod them to work for a portable vaporizer for oil .

Any thoughts on that idea ?

A

A6 Grower

I believe you are on to some thing, my uncle is also trying this and is from what it sounds like you both have had the same progress. Almost there but not quite yet lol. I my self have no idea but I sure do hope someone figures it out !

E

edux10

true heads know the only way to be vapin oil is either with a pad and curve (like a kut vape) or a dome and nail setup (some newer (not better necessarily) domes are nail less, or one piece)

so google kut vape or ti pad and curve or oil dome and nail. been seeing more and more gimmicky shit out there these days. oh, i must say that glass rods are pretty cool like the second post in this thread, but arent very popular. everyone these days like to have a single chamber of water filtration in their oil bub.

good luck man.

B

buzzkill

true heads know the only way to be vapin oil is either with a pad and curve (like a kut vape) or a dome and nail setup (some newer (not better necessarily) domes are nail less, or one piece)

so google kut vape or ti pad and curve or oil dome and nail. been seeing more and more gimmicky shit out there these days. oh, i must say that glass rods are pretty cool like the second post in this thread, but arent very popular. everyone these days like to have a single chamber of water filtration in their oil bub.

good luck man.

thanks for the reply Edux10 , my aim was for a PORTABLE unit that could be taken out and about , the things out there right now are not portable.

:cake

B

buzzkill

I believe you are on to some thing, my uncle is also trying this and is from what it sounds like you both have had the same progress. Almost there but not quite yet lol. I my self have no idea but I sure do hope someone figures it out !

We have been playing with the idea , it would be very cool to have a nice portable unit if it was low cost.
:)

D

Double Kindness

I was out last week with some people and they had this thing that looked like a bic plastic pen with a blue glowing end, they said it was for smoking hash oil, I tried it and it tasted like ass. They said they were selling them for 139 each, I liked it was portable, but the taste and cost put me off. So I know that product is out here in Colorado, but instead I'm waiting for HMK to finish making and sending my curve/swing to me.

I had a glassblower that was doing hash oil smokers with glass rods, but they broke with the plumbers torch, so he replaced them with quartz rods, which last longer., but then the guy flaked on me and a bunch of other people, so I don't see his design going far since he can't take care of business.

After I get my hmk swing I will take it to the monthly hashbash with some oil that I guess I'll make too and have a bunch of peeps check it out compared to other oil burners I have. I have to get a better digi camera soon though.

B

buzzkill

I was out last week with some people and they had this thing that looked like a bic plastic pen with a blue glowing end, they said it was for smoking hash oil, I tried it and it tasted like ass. They said they were selling them for 139 each, I liked it was portable, but the taste and cost put me off. So I know that product is out here in Colorado, but instead I'm waiting for HMK to finish making and sending my curve/swing to me.

I had a glassblower that was doing hash oil smokers with glass rods, but they broke with the plumbers torch, so he replaced them with quartz rods, which last longer., but then the guy flaked on me and a bunch of other people, so I don't see his design going far since he can't take care of business.

After I get my hmk swing I will take it to the monthly hashbash with some oil that I guess I'll make too and have a bunch of peeps check it out compared to other oil burners I have. I have to get a better digi camera soon though.

Most likely that was a regular BLUE ( brand name ) E-Cig
they are not designed for Oil really . Are you sure it was OIl and not the E-cig juice ? .

I think with the right design it would work good , it will not taste the same as a glass setup but that would be one drawback for this type of setup BUT the portability would be cool !

coreymillia

coreymillia

This was given to me by a patient, i believe they purchased it at a dispensary in boulder.
Heres the plate version if anyone wanted to see it, i have the essential vape its about as portable of an oil vape as it gets, but looks kinda....medical use only printed on the side helps a little

Latest posts

Top Bottom