OJD's drying and curing method?

• Thread starter Tex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
OJD, you won the 420 cup, correct? I want to hear someone's method that has won a cup. What is the best way to dry and then cure? Thanks,bro! :damnhippie:

O

ojd

hi bro

just a simple method

cut and hang whole plant with out removing any leaves

wait 10-14 until dry then manicure and straight to jars then burp jars every day for a week until perfectly dried

i say the longer the dry the beter(3 weeks hung is ideal) but if im in a rush 10-14 days is fine

peace

L

LionVibez

Thanks man for the tips, I usually trim then hang but this time I will let it be and manicure after dry! peace

true grit

true grit

What kind of temps and airflow do you like for a drying room? I stay under 75, but either way they usually get pretty dry by day 5-6.... maybe too much airflow.

S

solarz

Is it not hard to get a good close manicure job on the buds when the leaves are all dry? They seem to just crumble off, and leave a lot of leaf material inside the buds??

T

tokin76

i havn't noticed a massive difference between plants trimmed before and after drying in my time but sometimes bud that hasnt been flushed enough tastes better if dryed with the fan leaves on. the curing is where the magic happens

O

ojd

i leave all my leaves on to make the plant dry slower

longer slower dry = beter tasting bud

my buds are flushed for minimum 2 weeks but 90% of the time 3weeks to get a real good flavour

i dont find it no prob to trim the leaves after
peace

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks, bro! You just summed up all I needed to hear.. I am going to try this method now.

fractaLz

fractaLz

cut and hang whole plant with out removing any leaves

wait 10-14 until dry then manicure and straight to jars then burp jars every day for a week until perfectly dried

i say the longer the dry the beter(3 weeks hung is ideal) but if im in a rush 10-14 days is fine

I picked this method up from DJ short and haven't looked back. I got the chance to thank DJ in person and told him that this method took everything to the next level. He simply nodded and smiled :)

G

grandaddypurple

Sounds nice and simple, thanks for the info.

When you hang it to dry, do you do it in the garage? in a spare bedroom?

I myself am hanging 2 in my garage, with a makeshift wall making it so there is almost no light hitting them. Not running any fans. Just kinda wondering about doing laundry and what not, seemed like it was making the garage a little too humid? So I opened a door leading outside.

I did not want to hang them inside this time because I noticed two spiders while trimming a few sun leaves, and do not wish for any to make homes inside.

*Last year I hung 1 plant per cardboard box ( they were nice plant boxes, tall and not too wide) for about two weeks, then trimmed and jarred. It worked out nicely, I do think a week might have let it taste that much better. There seems to be no substitute for time.

audiohi

audiohi

I'm going to try leaving everything on this time around. Everything always dries a little to fast for me

Top Bottom