Ok. Here's My Grow I Just Started....

• Thread starter skillzd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
skillzd

skillzd

Ok. So the first plant. White Widow X Big Buds I always try to name them songs easier to refer to which plant I'm discussing and talking about.
Ok so this plant is Shortstack. It was short when it sprouted but thick and luscious leaves. Started a low dose nutrient test early and she loved it so I started them earlier than normally would but at a low dose. After two days of that I increased it and she loved t again so now this weekend it will be a week or more and I will increase it and start her in normal Veg nutrients Wait until she has about 5-6 nodes and Top her down to the 3rd node and start the Manifold Mainlining to get 8 Colas and Trim all the under side growth and then after I make my last trim for the manifold. I'll wait a week and change her to 12-12 and flower her.

As for plant number 2. I call her Richy cus it is an Afghani Regular so it could be a female but it could also end up a Male and have a Dick, which is where Richy comes from. Richard equals dick. lol. Naming them also gives some laughs sometimes too I guess. Haha
Anyways. Richy is the only one that I Know is NOT feminized
He was stretching almost twice as much and was planted the same time and the same distance from the LED seedling light I use. I know you can't know for sure. But Males I believe grow faster right? so I'm not getting my hopes up on it. Also if it's a male it will just go outside until I can collect pollen from it for breeding. Atleast until I get a better strain to breed with.

Then I have two Blue Dream Seeds in now and one is sprouted. The other I don't think is going to at all Of week. They can't all be good seeds right....lol And then I have a Jack Herer or Jack Frost. Idk. He said it was Jack Frost but I couldn't find it. I think he meant Jack Herer But who knows for sure They were all from a buddy of my old roommates and his buddy grew it and then he would "deliver" it out He grows feminized and the seeds are feminized as well so should only have one Male at the most.

Ok so the first two pics are of SHORTSTACK. the second two are of RICHY. And the last one is the third seedling

Ok heres my grow i just started
Ok heres my grow i just started 2
Ok heres my grow i just started 3
Last edited:
skillzd

skillzd

I'll try to put the names with the plant songs in the picture next pics.

skillzd

skillzd

And anyone that starts using red solo cups for seedling and or veg. I recommend styrofoam cups to start them in. If using soil of coco. It works nice for two reason. Oxygen since the foam holds air in it. Pop a bunch of pin holes through it all over and it will let air in but won't let water out You can adjust the holes for drainage and everything. But the MAIN reason why. Is sometimes you have that one seedling that your worried if you transplant it that it may brake or something will happen. So. Take a razor and cut the cup in half. Straigh up the sides so the cup will split into two. If you put the cup down into the hole in your soil or coco in the new pot(5gal for mine). I cut the cup in half but hold it together. I set it part way down in the whol and then I spread the bottom of the cup sort first and the seedling and soil within the cup that has been slightly packed into the shape of the cup. Will slide right down out into the new soil. Adjust it and fill hole with dirt. And go your normal transplanting ways.

Dunge

Dunge

There are a few trending thoughts on thcfarmer.
One of them is mainlining.
I hesitate to discourage gardening freedom.
But even advocates of this technique would admit it is an advanced pruning concept and may not be helpful for beginners.

FYI Naming your plants might be fun, but accurate labels and a grow log will help you become better faster.

Plants look nice. Keep posting.

skillzd

skillzd

Oh. My grow rooms don supplies. I'll have to edit this when I get home. But basically my main light is Full Spectrum 80?w LED I believe. Somewhere around 80w. I think it's 72 actually. And then I have two 20w LED bulbs. And then 4 23wCFLs and 3 13w CFLs around the outer edge but I want to take the 3 13w and lower them around the sides for side lighting. But the majority of both plants bud sites are COLAs. Odd cus I didn't even half to train them much to do it. They naturally did it on the one plant. It got too tall and I had to do some LST to bend it over to the side so it had enough room to flower Now it looks like I'm starting a swirly straw. Lol. Anyways. The lights are about a Foot from the plants. All of the lights are 10"-12" away. I am adding more light. I would have had the replacement ones already but I got burnt on about 200 worth of seeds so I am hurting right now and couldn't order my LED lights I wanted. I do have two more FULL SPECTRUM 28w LED lights coming. They have 1w LEDS I believe and are good for flowering. You just need a few of them. My buddy uses 4 of these in a 3ftx3ftx6ft closet. He puts one in each corner angled down and toward the center. And he gets great results. So I thought I would keep what I started with and just keep adding and replacing lights until I'm happy. I need to use CFLs and LED combos tho. I live and Grow in an RV and I just don't trust having high powered lights on while I'm gone during the day. It pops my breaker and j come home to thawed food and a 100deg home. Lol. Anyways. There is what I have. It's all in the front of my Motorhome. I have a class C with the above Cab area. I took the two front Can seats out and covered the Windows and windshield with reflective foil and made it into a 6ft wide X 3ft deep X.5ft tall grow room. Which right now only those two plants are flowering in it. By the name these are ready to flower I will have atleast double the lights I have now. If not more. I am also ordering parts to build my own LED panel. I'm using 1w 3w and 5w LEDs. From what I've found 3w LEDs are the best for growing I guess above 3w the spectrum starts to be out of range of what the plants use. So I will be using all 3 different size LED diodes and building it into a massive grow light that covers different angles so that the light shines in EVERY DIRECTION and reaches the plant at every angle. The 5w LEDs would be the brightest so I will be installing those around the outer edge of my LeD panel I make. That's why I wanted them too. Anyways. I'll update things as I go. If you have questions please feel free to ask.

Note. Please be respectful and courteous on my posts .

skillzd

skillzd

Thanks for the replie. And I know. I use to mainline. I'm not a beginner by all means. But still have plenty of space for more knowledge. Lol. I don't know it all by all means either. I know how but can always use advice and opinions. But this is my first grow for a few years so I'm getting the hang of it all again. Which is why I mixed up my plants on my first run. This is my second grow now and starting a grow journal. They are also marked by can't see it in pictures. I just started naming them. Thought it would be fun. Lol

Last edited:
skillzd

skillzd

And honestly I think the only hard part about mainlining for beginners. Would be judging if your plant is healthy enough. And waiting long enough. I do the suggested grow to atleast 5-6nodes. Depending on which mainlining method you use The reason I state this now again is because I even know better but catch myself wanting to start mainline Shortstack. Cus she's healthy and could probaly handle it. But I won't risk it cus I know better. But I caught myself thinking about it at first. That's why I said j have to get back into the hang of things again.

skillzd

skillzd

My only issue years ago was PATIENCE. I had amazing results my first ever grow. But I grew up around growers and old timers too. But my mistakes I made them were ALWAYS cus I rushed something or was trying to force it to do soemthing or grow faster. Lol. I'm older now and even tho I still struggle with my patience. I think I will do much better this time. Lol I also want to share this by of advice too. Every grower has there own routines and ways of doing things. A beginner can take advice from others but just cus it works good for 20people. Doesn't mean it will work for him/her I've noticed that many growers will take advice but still have to learn as they go and learn from mistakes because there are way to many Variables for everyone to do it the same. Especially outdoor grows cus from where I live a plant will grow different than if I took a clone from the same mother and grew it 5miles away. Different microbic life in the soil and air. Slightly different humidity and temps They both will grow differently 5miles apart. Of course where I am the weather could be complete opposite mile from mile. Lol. Just an example of why I don't and will not argue and I'm not better than anyone else. Even a beginner. I'm just more "experienced". Not better. Thanks. And again. Sorry for the long posts. They won't all be this lkng

Last edited:
skillzd

skillzd

Also here's a pic of my screwed up this years first grow as a seedling. And now they are doing good for not being able to crop. Top or mainline cus my auto was mixed in and didn't want to chance it so I let the first set of plants go way too long for my area and my style of growing. Anyways. Here's a pic of the seedling stage of the first grow in ohh idk... 5-6yeaes I think. I'd have to figure it out. I think 2010 was my last year but have to look again The first two our my March seedlings and I was moving into a new house during seedling stage. And then during veg to flower we moved again into our RV and then flowered them. So first two are my March seedlings and the last is my May seedlings. You can see I'm back in the groove now already by the seedlings even. Can't wait to get here going I'm so excited. As you can see I'm ranting a bit. Sorry. Lol I'm a mellow down to earth guy and really quiet usually.

Top Bottom