Ok Im Back....

• Thread starter MadSciNtst
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I put them in a ziplock bag so they won’t dry out. I also use the top of my t-5 reflector in my veg chamber and it gets to about 85 degrees and seeds usually pop in 24 hours with 1” tap roots within 36-48 hours.

But coffee filters sound good too.

I like the viva brand (by Kleenex) paper towels and have read reports of the roots getting stuck in them but have never had an issue. The cheap paper towel imo is too thin and doesn’t provide good surface coverage but will suffice if in a pinch.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I follow the wetting of the paper towel for the extra creamy shit wipe. My question is, I'm on septic so I cant flush it down the toilet. It would be kind of gross to leave it in the trash, I guess I could put it in my pocket. Any suggestions?

Can’t or won’t?

Phylex

Phylex

I follow the wetting of the paper towel for the extra creamy shit wipe. My question is, I'm on septic so I cant flush it down the toilet. It would be kind of gross to leave it in the trash, I guess I could put it in my pocket. Any suggestions?
You could rinse it off and reuse it to start your seeds. The micro bacteria left in the fibers of the paper towel make an excellent germinating fertilizer.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Fire! Watch your ass.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
You could rinse it off and reuse it to start your seeds. The micro bacteria left in the fibers of the paper towel make an excellent germinating fertilizer.

Double dog dare ya. And please no pics.

Phylex

Phylex

And OP, sorry for jacking your thread for a minute. I got caught up having a little fun. Sorry to hear about your GF and hopefully she finds the relief she needs. I hope things work out for you and there's a lot of great info here to help you out along the way. Welcome

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

Ok first are you 100% sure you did not mix the labels?
Also hybrids are possible to lean either way.
Are you saying the taller one is a male ? I can’t see nothing in those pics
If you got a male in there you’re not gonna get no amounts of bud. I had a hermie that was sneaky and kept looking like mutated buds. I isolated it n let it rock. At end it looked almost like a ton of male cluster forming colas with pistils. Idk. I qwiso that thing. The qwiso came out Like a yellow n stunk a little like pollen. But.
Got i to say that chit works damn good n melts to an amber liquid on top a bowl too.

As far as labels, the seeds you’re referring to aren’t gone. These were testers so that I don’t lose any more seeds

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

I'm trying to understand what your objective is.
If that tall plant is all anther-ed out on the top, then any female flower will get pollinated.
It also looks like that tall one is the sativa.
And that small one is too small to flower and get a useful yield.

As for the administrative "warning", if your defense is accurate then don't worry. I'll bet that response was just a cut and paste response to some misunderstanding.

As to germinating seeds. Your story is exactly why I don't soak seeds. Seeds can show great variety in their ability to take up water, and they will often drown. Damp folded paper towels protected from drying and kept warm will produce sprouts. I like to transfer to 1/4 nutrient soil soon after any root shows.

I'd:
kill that male
maybe re-veg the small plant and let it grow bigger before flowering.

Good luck.

People say to research. And I have. Based off what was happening in the beginning, I saw the leaves and yes the smaller plant had thin leaves that’s how I found she was sativa, but the bigger plant had bushier leaves. Pretty much had app the characteristics of an indica plant. In a few I’ll go in and cut the light off and take a couple close up pics so you can see. As for the sativa, she had stopped growing. So I was wondering why the stunt in growth and I did start to see the pistils. So someone from the growers club said she was ready to flower. Changed the light to 12 and 12 and sure enough buds started to show, but I think she is stopping to bud in the middle before showing on the outside. That tall guy we call the hulk because he will shoot up and shoot up and shoot up. He is her own investment so she won’t kill him. When she first planted him he had 3 little leaves and a chipped leaf. So I told her to dump it because it wasn’t gonna do anything. Shortly after I mean he shot up. So much we were amazed because at night we would sleep and it’s like he never stopped growing. Every morning bigger leaves, reaching higher. We forgot he needed a bigger pot because we were in awe of the growth. So yeah the indica is her little grow child so I doubt she’ll X him.

As for sativa, it’s possible to bud and go back to veg state in the middle? Interesting. Might have to try that. Like I said she started to bud and ok the outside they are very tiny, but she started to Bush up in the middle.

Last edited:
MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

I'm trying to understand what your objective is.
If that tall plant is all anther-ed out on the top, then any female flower will get pollinated.
It also looks like that tall one is the sativa.
And that small one is too small to flower and get a useful yield.

As for the administrative "warning", if your defense is accurate then don't worry. I'll bet that response was just a cut and paste response to some misunderstanding.

As to germinating seeds. Your story is exactly why I don't soak seeds. Seeds can show great variety in their ability to take up water, and they will often drown. Damp folded paper towels protected from drying and kept warm will produce sprouts. I like to transfer to 1/4 nutrient soil soon after any root shows.

I'd:
kill that male
maybe re-veg the small plant and let it grow bigger before flowering.

Good luck.

Oh yeah as far as the paper towel, I actually saw that AFTER we already put the cups thing to rest. It actually makes sense. But it’s the price I paid for listening to a YouTube video. His grew tho so I thought it was a sure shot deal. But yeah the paper towel seems like the better alternative. Might try that. Right now in an apartment so it’s no space and all we have is the tent. So waiting for an upgrade before we introduce more. But yes the paper towel option will definitely be a better choice

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

If that big plant is a male that’s fairly impressive.

Imo soaking seeds in water is a waste of time and the extra handling is unnecessary and just provides an extra opportunity to ruin them.

Just take some paper towel, get it wet, then squeeze out the excess water as if you were going to use it to wipe your ass after an extra creamy shit and put your seeds in it and place it in a ziplock bag and put it some place warm (80+ degrees) and wait. Check on them after 24 hours.

The entire growth process of that male is impressive. I think I deleted it but if I show you how it started you would laugh. Had he not got root bound he might have looked better. But thanks for the paper towel directions. I screenshotted it.

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

And OP, sorry for jacking your thread for a minute. I got caught up having a little fun. Sorry to hear about your GF and hopefully she finds the relief she needs. I hope things work out for you and there's a lot of great info here to help you out along the way. Welcome

She’s dealing with it. The best I can do is be the logistics of it. It’s mainly to eliminate the middle man of alternative medicine. So that’s why we are trying to get this done so that we have something. Once these produce we will start to plant others.

She has
Moonshine Haze
Blue Dream
Professor Chaos
Mega Power Plant
Grandaddy Purple
Zombie Death Fuck

So we’ll definitely be getting more in depth. We just put a lot into the growing so we want to produce something so that she can hold off on spending and thensyart to do more. DC I think you can have 6 mature plants so. Those 6 will definitely be used. Some we even have more than one seed of. But trust me all this information helped out a lot. I can show you the growth stages and whee these plants came from. Had to save them each. But yeah I do appreciate the help.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

This last round I just plopped 14 seeds in potting mix cut with pro mix and saved all my paper towel for messy shits. Waste not, want not. All but one came up. So that’s what 93 percent success.. and the one that didn’t come up was a bitch anyways so it can frig off

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

This last round I just plopped 14 seeds in potting mix cut with pro mix and saved all my paper towel for messy shits. Waste not, want not. All but one came up. So that’s what 93 percent success.. and the one that didn’t come up was a bitch anyways so it can frig off

Trust me, we came a long way. Granted research wasn’t done in the beginning. We first used miracle grow. And it worked and then died off. We also had the guardrail pot with the indent in the middle. No catch at the bottom. Those died off too. Then we had one before we thought about grow tent but apartment doesn’t get maximum sun so that died off. But all of those we like random seeds that she could afford test. It’s when we got serious about planting that the tent was purchased. Great Lakes water soil and worm castings. Led light. 24 hour timer. Someone gave me a list of readings. Will definitely put them to use. I’m more logistics but doesn’t hurt to know.

But I say you guys are amazing because before, marijuana was taboo. You couldn’t have a convo about it. But if you asked people to be scientists or farmers, they would opt out. But it made farming and being scientists even more cool. It made people become more knowledgeable. And some if not all of you guys are great at what you do. Despite what some may think, it’s a privilege to learn from you and take in what you give because you’ve done your work. I do appreciate it.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Trust me, we came a long way. Granted research wasn’t done in the beginning. We first used miracle grow. And it worked and then died off. We also had the guardrail pot with the indent in the middle. No catch at the bottom. Those died off too. Then we had one before we thought about grow tent but apartment doesn’t get maximum sun so that died off. But all of those we like random seeds that she could afford test. It’s when we got serious about planting that the tent was purchased. Great Lakes water soil and worm castings. Led light. 24 hour timer. Someone gave me a list of readings. Will definitely put them to use. I’m more logistics but doesn’t hurt to know.

But I say you guys are amazing because before, marijuana was taboo. You couldn’t have a convo about it. But if you asked people to be scientists or farmers, they would opt out. But it made farming and being scientists even more cool. It made people become more knowledgeable. And some if not all of you guys are great at what you do. Despite what some may think, it’s a privilege to learn from you and take in what you give because you’ve done your work. I do appreciate it.
Right on. So this is what I’m on about.
You google (or just use thc farmer search bar) and type “should I grow weed with miracle grow” done!
See a true scientist reads lots and does not need to reduplicate the experiments done by others.
Read read read. To be honest we don’t really care about your “experiments” but would love to read your grow journal. Head over there to the forums and create a diary. Also go to the “so your new here” thread and read read read. Thereby avoiding unnecessary experiments. So many have been done. I’m sure you will find an angle to do something new and experiment

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
You google (or just use thc farmer search bar) and type “should I grow weed with miracle grow” done!
See a true scientist reads lots and does not need to reduplicate the experiments done by others.
Read read read. To be honest we don’t really care about your “experiments” but would love to read your grow journal. Head over there to the forums and create a diary. Also go to the “so your new here” thread and read read read. Thereby avoiding unnecessary experiments. So many have been done. I’m sure you will find an angle to do something new and experiment

Exactly there’s no reason to repeat the mistakes of others. Especially when those mistakes cost real money. An education will cost you either time or money, it’s your choice. Take the time to educate yourself and you’ll save your money for genetics and what you need to be successful. Don’t take the time and you’ll spend lots of money on stupid mistakes and scams. It’s your choice. Either way we’ve lectured you long enough. Good luck and kudos.

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

Gotcha. Will do

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

Exactly there’s no reason to repeat the mistakes of others. Especially when those mistakes cost real money. An education will cost you either time or money, it’s your choice. Take the time to educate yourself and you’ll save your money for genetics and what you need to be successful. Don’t take the time and you’ll spend lots of money on stupid mistakes and scams. It’s your choice. Either way we’ve lectured you long enough. Good luck and kudos.

Trust and believe I have read each and every response. I got the list of readings one of you gave me. Will definitely keep a journal as well as pictures. And will definitely check out the “so you’re new here” thread. By coming here, it was the end of wasting money. I’m glad I did

Top Bottom