Ok Ladies, Super Soil.

• Thread starter Theassbandit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Theassbandit

Theassbandit

Alright guys so I took subcool's super soil recipe from his school of dank tutorials. And I broke it down into a recipe for one bag of soil.

Mine has sat for 2 days and has fckn heat comin off of it when I open it and has visible white spores...

My red wriggler worms seem to not like it because they're trying to crawl out of the soil but I don't care because worms don't feed my plants (my opinion) bacteria and fungi feed my plants. I'm just skipping the bugs and worms part of the ecosystem, lol.

Ok ladies super soil
Theassbandit

Theassbandit

I do a lot of math for my career/day job so I put a bunch of math into breaking down his recipe formula for this one. He recommends Roots organic, so I used Roots organic 707

1463707832306 2067624501
H

Hookup

That is a hot mix,worms will hate it.It has to cook for a month or so and even then the second run in it will be better than the first.I didnt plant straight into it either first run,i mixed it 50/50 and then 100% on the bottom and sides of the pots/beds and let them grow into it.Seems like your missing a few things too.

Last edited:
Theassbandit

Theassbandit

That is a hot mix,worms will hate it.It has to cook for a month or so and even then the second run in it will be better than the first.I didnt plant straight into it either first run,i mixed it 50/50 and then 100% on the bottom and sides of the pots/beds and let them grow into it.Seems like your missing a few things too.
So I'm kind of going off of subcool School of dank found on YouTube. And I'm adding alfalfa meal simply because it's an all around good base and using fish bone instead of steamed bone meal. This is my first super soil mix. Please relay the experience you have. I used what knowledge I have, came up with this. I grow hydro and soil

keiksweat

keiksweat

So I'm kind of going off of subcool School of dank found on YouTube. And I'm adding alfalfa meal simply because it's an all around good base and using fish bone instead of steamed bone meal. This is my first super soil mix. Please relay the experience you have. I used what knowledge I have, came up with this. I grow hydro and soil
hey,thanks.about time someone broke it down into bag of soil amounts,instead of 6-8 bags.id definatly layer it at the bottom.and use plain soil,,ewc in top.the worms wil crawl out while its cooking up.im surprised you didn't kill them with the heat.I use fish blood n bone,ewc,P,guano,charge beetle frass,bone meal,alfalfa,crustacean meal,and bio Bizz pre mix.wich has everything in it.i usualy put 1-2 new bags of nursery soil with about 30-45 litre of used soil,roots n all.just use bennies and zyme.i get no probs like this.i didn't even use lime last time(forgot)id use plain garden lime,over dolomite.good luck,hope you get a killer run with it.
Re add the worms after,into the end pots.if they ain't too crispy...hehe.

Theassbandit

Theassbandit

hey,thanks.about time someone broke it down into bag of soil amounts,instead of 6-8 bags.id definatly layer it at the bottom.and use plain soil,,ewc in top.the worms wil crawl out while its cooking up.im surprised you didn't kill them with the heat.I use fish blood n bone,ewc,P,guano,charge beetle frass,bone meal,alfalfa,crustacean meal,and bio Bizz pre mix.wich has everything in it.i usualy put 1-2 new bags of nursery soil with about 30-45 litre of used soil,roots n all.just use bennies and zyme.i get no probs like this.i didn't even use lime last time(forgot)id use plain garden lime,over dolomite.good luck,hope you get a killer run with it.
Re add the worms after,into the end pots.if they ain't too crispy...hehe.
Haha yells yeah bro, I had a conversation with some of the guys at the hydro store yesterday and told them how my soil what reaction to all the ingredients and it was very insightful to the different perspective other growers that have been doing this along time. The newer grower seems to embrace the idea lot more than growers who have been at it for years (aka hydro growers). I have hydro and soil. I can't knock hydroponic's yeilds, but I just have better bud and happier plants

keiksweat

keiksweat

Haha yells yeah bro, I had a conversation with some of the guys at the hydro store yesterday and told them how my soil what reaction to all the ingredients and it was very insightful to the different perspective other growers that have been doing this along time. The newer grower seems to embrace the idea lot more than growers who have been at it for years (aka hydro growers). I have hydro and soil. I can't knock hydroponic's yeilds, but I just have better bud and happier plants
yep,I started out in dwc,very first bud I ever grew was in a home made bubbler.lost 3 crops in a row last year.switched to soil,started moving away from bottled stuff.experimenting with different amendments.absolutely love organic soil now.do a couple of hydro bits still but ....soil does it for me now.

Theassbandit

Theassbandit

So what amount of soil are these amounts going into?

@Midwestjay
Bat guano 1 cup (phosphorus)
Alfalfa meal 2 cup (2-2-2)
Blood meal 1.75 cup. (Nitrogen)
Fishbone meal 1.25 cup (calcium)
Dolomite line 1.5 table spoon (PH)
Azomite 1.5 table spoon (trace elems)
Epsom salt 1 table spoon (mag)

I have a very basic understanding in relating each of these products to a similar commonly known synthetic counter part. ( )= my primitive understanding of each

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

@Midwestjay
Bat guano 1 cup (phosphorus)
Alfalfa meal 2 cup (2-2-2)
Blood meal 1.75 cup. (Nitrogen)
Fishbone meal 1.25 cup (calcium)
Dolomite line 1.5 table spoon (PH)
Azomite 1.5 table spoon (trace elems)
Epsom salt 1 table spoon (mag)

I have a very basic understanding in relating each of these products to a similar commonly known synthetic counter part. ( )= my primitive understanding of each
How big of a bag of soil are you using?

Theassbandit

Theassbandit

That is for a 35 pound bag of good soil the recommended soil is Roots organic 707. Oh and just add a bunch of worm castings

Theassbandit

Theassbandit

When I get home I'll try and shoot some pics. Because the reaction between putting this on the soil and adding orca to it is dope (no pun intented)

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Same old same. Getting ready to go fishing. Small pond tonight big lake tomorrow. Catfishing. Put the yoyos on this critical. And stretched her out. She's still rocking under 850w dual spectrum. 560ppm with mills A&B and koolbloom.

Top Bottom