Ok More Detailed Advice Needed On The Dry And Cure.

• Thread starter Monster762
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Monster762

Monster762

You know, I had that harsh chem flavour in my last run. Grapefruit diesel. I thought well, gets me high, may as well smoke it. A month later near the end of the stash, it started tasting different, started losing that harshness and tasted well, dank. Smell improved too. What I'm saying is that all is not lost. Follow the above advice and you may be surprised. That grass smell is normal too. Means it's still breaking down the chlorophyll etc. I learned that patience is key. Nice slow dry like Demon said. It's an art, not a process. It's why when I get consistently good at growing, my shit will knock the socks off the local dealers shit, because their guys can't be bothered doing a decent dry and cure.
Yeah I got plenty of time. I can cure for months if needed.

dan1989

dan1989

I should drop in here that I'm far from pro. Only on my 6th grow now but just telling you what I've learned so far in my journey...

Monster762

Monster762

I should drop in here that I'm far from pro. Only on my 6th grow now but just telling you what I've learned so far in my journey...
Yeah I’m just finished first run. Revegging the ones that couldn’t fit and getting my clones of the big plant up to size. Reveg is a pain. Gonna be popping my last seeds in a different room right about when I put the revegs into flower.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

one brand of cat litter was entirely silica crystals.

you can put moist silica crystals in microwave and let them absorb moisture time after time.

ok I might have to invest in dehumidifier. I have like 5 humidifiers but no dehumidifier. Figures. I have bags of rice hanging in paint strainers in the closet I dried in. I’ll look into silica crystals too. Never seen em except little packets

Leew421

Leew421

What is your dry method and how long. Hang whole plant or trim wet? Dry trim?

Monster762

Monster762

What is your dry method and how long. Hang whole plant or trim wet? Dry trim?
I trimmed wet but only big leaves. Then I hung whole plant. Took around 5 days. Then I cut the big stalks off and put the buds in a paper bag with holes in it for another day. It was pretty dry. I put in jars and they read 62% humidity. I started burping daily. That plant was 82 grams when I put it in jars. The other 2 plants were a little bit smaller. I trimmed same way and hung them 4 days. Then jarred them. No paper bag. They were crispy in 4 days. Hang room was 70-75 degrees and steady 55% humidity. Controlled by a small fan ,a/c and a small space heater. I hung thick blanket from an open closet and made it the dry room. Dark and that way it was easier to control temps and humidity. There was opening at bottom of blanket where fan was to pull the air conditioned air in which blew straight at back wall on low. The space heater was set by turning on and when it got to 73 degrees on hygrometer at hang level I turned back til it cut off. There was also a gap at top of blanket to allow warmer air to escape. I know it was a pain to set. I dialed it in for a few days before using it.

dan1989

dan1989

I trimmed wet but only big leaves. Then I hung whole plant. Took around 5 days. Then I cut the big stalks off and put the buds in a paper bag with holes in it for another day. It was pretty dry. I put in jars and they read 62% humidity. I started burping daily. That plant was 82 grams when I put it in jars. The other 2 plants were a little bit smaller. I trimmed same way and hung them 4 days. Then jarred them. No paper bag. They were crispy in 4 days. Hang room was 70-75 degrees and steady 55% humidity. Controlled by a small fan ,a/c and a small space heater. I hung thick blanket from an open closet and made it the dry room. Dark and that way it was easier to control temps and humidity. There was opening at bottom of blanket where fan was to pull the air conditioned air in which blew straight at back wall on low. The space heater was set by turning on and when it got to 73 degrees on hygrometer at hang level I turned back til it cut off. There was also a gap at top of blanket to allow warmer air to escape. I know it was a pain to set. I dialed it in for a few days before using it.

Did you cut the sugar leaves off too? They will make your weed taste bad. Use for hash or edibles.

Monster762

Monster762

Did you cut the sugar leaves off too? They will make your weed taste bad. Use for hash or edibles.
I trimmed them almost flush with the bud but didn’t actually go in the bud and cut at the stems

Monster762

Monster762

I trimmed them almost flush with the bud but didn’t actually go in the bud and cut at the stems
It’s all personal smoke I just want it to have the sweet smell n taste that it would if I got it on streets. I gotten plenty of stuff that wasn’t even dry enough to light that still smelled n taste good. I know they don’t cure nothing for no months. They flip it fast as possible. That don’t allow a month of dry n cure time.

Monster762

Monster762

It’s all personal smoke I just want it to have the sweet smell n taste that it would if I got it on streets. I gotten plenty of stuff that wasn’t even dry enough to light that still smelled n taste good. I know they don’t cure nothing for no months. They flip it fast as possible. That don’t allow a month of dry n cure time.
It’s strong litterally put to sleep strong. Just has aftertaste and don’t smell like it should. If I break a bud up it’s smells amazing but until it gets broken into it has a nasty swamp smell.

dan1989

dan1989

It’s strong litterally put to sleep strong. Just has aftertaste and don’t smell like it should. If I break a bud up it’s smells amazing but until it gets broken into it has a nasty swamp smell.

That will pass in time. Just remember not all strains smell like 'weed'. Growing the same strain you bought from streets? Maybe it wasn't what they said it was...

Monster762

Monster762

That will pass in time. Just remember not all strains smell like 'weed'. Growing the same strain you bought from streets? Maybe it wasn't what they said it was...
Nah strain I never heard of on streets. It’s green crack. The indica not sativa dominant. Got seeds from Canada.

Monster762

Monster762

Nah strain I never heard of on streets. It’s green crack. The indica not sativa dominant. Got seeds from Canada.
I was shopping for a month or so after my order with ams got declined. I found a spot in Canada and my prepaid visa worked. Hard to get seeds with us credit /debit cards. I searched their inventory and it was high thc 20%+. And high yield. 500g + sq m

Monster762

Monster762

I got 4 clones of the healthiest green crack plant and 2 sour diesel revegging now. Then I’ll put them in flower and pop my last 3 sour d seeds and 2 gc seeds in my new 5x10 room. With all new lighting. While the others flower.

dan1989

dan1989

I got 4 clones of the healthiest green crack plant and 2 sour diesel revegging now. Then I’ll put them in flower and pop my last 3 sour d seeds and 2 gc seeds in my new 5x10 room. With all new lighting. While the others flower.

I'd be interested to see how that Sour diesel turns out. I have a couple of seeds by Reserva Privada stored away. Gonna mother them one day and clone em

Monster762

Monster762

I'd be interested to see how that Sour diesel turns out. I have a couple of seeds by Reserva Privada stored away. Gonna mother them one day and clone em
Yeah I’m planning to run my last 5 seeds 3sour d. 2gc and clone them before they flower this time. Feminized seeds and every seed I popped so far was female. And all sprouted too. I lost all my blueberry seeds to bugs early on. They all popped but the bugs killed the plants why they were little.

JakeyBakey

JakeyBakey

Imo, I think 62 was to low to start the curing.
I start @70% and burp Well 2x 3x a day for a week or so until 62% , then the boveda 62% pack goes In - the end

But even after cure I still pop every now n then, I found it not to hurt but to help a 2-3 month store - only for the choice face buds :) the rest goes at 62

Monster762

Monster762

Imo, I think 62 was to low to start the curing.
I start @70% and burp Well 2x 3x a day for a week or so until 62% , then the boveda 62% pack goes In - the end

But even after cure I still pop every now n then, I found it not to hurt but to help a 2-3 month store - only for the choice face buds :) the rest goes at 62
Do you think it’s past being fixable?

JakeyBakey

JakeyBakey

And if your hygromer was +/- 1-2 % then your cure could have died in the paper bag, I say use the same method but lose the bag, and leave in the room 1 more day.
Do you think it’s past being fixable?
This will be a good test, I dont know.

I heard a cure is dead in low 50's
But even after a full cure My bud always gets better /smoother with some time

Top Bottom