ok my dinafem original amnesia needs a high level of ec and im using r/o water help....

• Thread starter sliknuts89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sliknuts89

ok so this needs a higher ec level as recomended by dinafem and im in a bit of a mind fuck trying to find a method to raise the ec "electric conductivity" without ppm or ph can anyone shed light, or is it all thesam mabe i should go back to tap with this strain only i duno cus that was keeping my ec high but also raising my ppm and messes w/ my ph. Please help me figure this out fellow farmers. I am very confused and need someone who iis more experienced with this and i hope icould raise ec without raising the others, whch doesnt make sence to me, but wo the fuck am I so i look to you all for help! thannk you very much please reply and let me know if I am right and it can't be done without tap and raisingthe others or is there someone or others outt there who can sow me what to do. thank you much farmers

ttystikk

ttystikk

ppm = EC x 500. Usually, unless the scale you're using is EC x 700. Or something else. EC is the basic measurement the ppm meter you use is reading. THEN it gets converted into ppm by some scale or another. The frustration with trying to convert between scales is what drove myself and many others here to just use EC.

EC has little to do with pH- they measure different properties of the water/nutrient solution.

Most people really don't need RO water; only those on wells or with a high level of dissolved sodium will see much benefit. Keep in mind that most of the EC in tapwater is just dissolved calcium, which your plants need anyway. Just adjust the amount of Ca you're adding to your nutrients downward to compensate.

S

sliknuts89

ok thanks was sure it had to do with ppm but wasn,'t sure bout ph so i asked ad i am using the 500 scale on my truncheon. i baught reverse osmosis because most of the tiime my ppm was upards of 350 to 450 out the tap

S

swisscheese

Just add in more base nutes when you make your juice for them. Then set your ph with ph up or down and test with a meter. I wouldn't use tap water that high either you made the right call on the ro machine I'm on a nasty well with 1500ppm and it brings it down to 70. It's easy to add back calcium and magnesium. What specifically are you feeding anyways?

S

sliknuts89

The whole canna line I'm a canna whore i use zyme,a&b,rhizo,p/k 13 when needed, boost when in bloom, blackstrap molassus when in bloom, and cal mag plus every feeding. I use canna cocoa and handwater.......I am thinking abouut adding some silica blast and liquid karma and when cloning i use clonex, thn when roots apear canna start, and second week alittle cannazyme but mostly clonex gel and liquid with little bits of the others in my ez clone.

Dude your so right this r/o filter is my fuckig bread and butter i love it. wen my truncheon won't even pickupon any ppm on the r/o water alone i was so fckin happy and knew this was a grat investment. I will say I am scared to install the floater and leave it alone what is your experience with this I am scared I am gunn come home from work to anoverflown bathroom so pleasegive m your knowledge and exprience on installing one pleeeeease!? Since I'm new to r/o could you give me any other nutes i should try or add now that i added r/o? Any info woud be great swiss!

I believe I'm pretty dialed in with my ph at 5.8 and sticking with cannas recomendations with the ppm. So far no problems but it has only been about a month using r/o. So you probably have alot to recommened or tell me and all info would be considered and greatly appreciated thanks again swisster.

S

swisscheese

How many ml's per gallon are you feeding everything at? I would definitely add in some silica like dynagrow protekt at 1 to 2 ml per gallon. I personally don't use a float valve for my ro machine and do my top offs by hand as needed but if you do everything right it's not a big deal to install a float valve. Another brand of nutes I recently switched to is MB Nutes but I also have Heavy 16 I intend to try out as well and make a thread. Canna is a really good brand of nutes but I was not happy with the price of accessories like Boost or Cannazym. When I was using Canna I would usually go like this with low ppm tap water 1-2 ml/gallon Protekt, A&B 5-9ml/gallon, Magical 1-5 ml/gallon, and then the recommended dose of Cannazym I believe 10 ml/gallon for veg and molasses in flower. I kept it real simple and might be forgetting something but the result was always dank herb.

S

sliknuts89

i added silica blast and ml per gallon depends on the time of grow but i mosly follow thecanna chart i have had crrazy results and i love silica blast i just ran out and my hydro shop is a state away so i just got it yesterday . I love silica blast that i use 1 tssp per gal, calmag i do 2tsp per gal I'm pretty sure could be wrong, and liquid karma i do about 3 tbsp per gal but the canna realy varies alot more

S

swisscheese

Sounds like you're really on point with everything greasynuts and when I was using the Canna I would usually feed anywhere from 5 to 9ml per gallon and had great results for years with it. The silica blast is fine it's just more expensive than the protekt and everything else seems right on. I think we need some pics to see what you are having issues with.

S

sliknuts89

thanks cheeser thats sounds like a good area to be in 5-9ml ill gie it a try. Silica blast is pricey for a siica based product I just don't have any other options maybe I'll see if my shop can order protekt I have seen other protekt products just not the silica product I'll ask. With pictures i need a camera first oncei get one I'll let you know but stay in contact swiss.

Latest posts

Top Bottom