ok, please bear with me, do I have this right ebb and flow

• Thread starter bluegrass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bluegrass

This is for an ebb and flow table you guys, medium is hydroton in square pots.

Ok so depending on the stage of growth my nutrients will be at a different ppm, 500 or so for rooted clones with roots showing, to around 1500 or so ppm for full veg growth/flowering?

Everyday I should wake up and go in the room about a half hour before the first flood of the "day" and check the ppm's, ph, and temp of the res. I will adjust the ppm/ph accordingly by adding half strength nutes mixed up in a gallon jug beforehand. I will add nutes from this gallon jug to my res until the ppm and ph has been adjusted accordingly. Every second day I should top off with just plain ph adjusted ro water instead of half strength nutrients? Correct? I want to make sure the temp of the res solution is around 65 degrees or so, and try to keep the temps stable for the most part. Then every 10 days or so I should do a complete res change with completely fresh nutrients. How often should I flush out the plants? and how should I go about flushing pots filled with hydroton? Just pour water straight ph adjusted water through the tops of the pots down into the table and allow it do drain into the res?

Is this pretty much how I should be working with this system or am I missing something? Or do I have it completely wrong? Can anyone fill me in on anything Im missing on ebb and flow daily activities and maintenance? Thanks a lot!

B

bluegrass

nothing yet? Does this sound about right you guys? I have never been around anyone with hydroponics before and Im basically winging it. I just need to know what my daily routine should be, should I go in right at lights on and check all the readings and then adjust? I am worried about adjusting the elements as I dont know when the best time to do it is, how I should add nutes and ph adjusters, and all that good stuff. I wish I knew someone in person who has had experience but I dont. I trust you guys way more and I believe you guys will lead me in the right direction as opposed to some of the fuck offs at the hydroponic store.

Just a few questions kind sirs.
1.How would you go about adding nutrients on a daily basis?
2. Do I need to adjust the ppm's on a daily basis?
3.How do I know if I need to adjust the ppms? when they start to drop off?
4.How often do I need to top off the res with pure water as opposed to nutrients?
5. How often should I completely change out the res? and when I do, what strength should the fresh nutes be?
6. what is the best time of day to do adjusting to the res? Right before lights out, or right after lights on?
7. every so often should I fill the res up with plain ph adjusted water and run that for a day or so to flush out built up salts? How long so I do it for? or would you even recommend it?
BTW I HAVE SOME Cuttings of g-13 COMING TOMORROW!!!! woofuckinghoo!!!!

thanks guys!!!

devious d

devious d

you had it about spot on in your first post, just get into a routine of your testing you may not need to adjust nutes and ph some days and more others, hydroton you can flush from the top is fine or when you change your rezzy, dont know what nutes your using but i always use hydrogen peroxide in flushes as well as ph, but some nutes dont work with it good luck:bubblez:

B

Bobby Smith

nothing yet? Does this sound about right you guys? I have never been around anyone with hydroponics before and Im basically winging it. I just need to know what my daily routine should be, should I go in right at lights on and check all the readings and then adjust? I am worried about adjusting the elements as I dont know when the best time to do it is, how I should add nutes and ph adjusters, and all that good stuff. I wish I knew someone in person who has had experience but I dont. I trust you guys way more and I believe you guys will lead me in the right direction as opposed to some of the fuck offs at the hydroponic store.

Just a few questions kind sirs.
1.How would you go about adding nutrients on a daily basis?
2. Do I need to adjust the ppm's on a daily basis?
3.How do I know if I need to adjust the ppms? when they start to drop off?
4.How often do I need to top off the res with pure water as opposed to nutrients?
5. How often should I completely change out the res? and when I do, what strength should the fresh nutes be?
6. what is the best time of day to do adjusting to the res? Right before lights out, or right after lights on?
7. every so often should I fill the res up with plain ph adjusted water and run that for a day or so to flush out built up salts? How long so I do it for? or would you even recommend it?
BTW I HAVE SOME Cuttings of g-13 COMING TOMORROW!!!! woofuckinghoo!!!!

thanks guys!!!

You're making this way too complicated, homeboy.

E&F is for lazy motherfuckers (like me) who don't want the hassle of checking our plants every day, so get yourself a LARGE reservoir and you'll be fine.

That being said, I'll take your questions in order:

1) I wouldn't, because you're going have a large reservoir that won't need tending to on a daily basis.

2) See #1

3) Yes, every couple of days check, and once you get the point where you're properly nute'ing your plants, the PPMs should stay stable even as the water drops - this means they're taking in the same ratio of water/nutes, which means your PPMs are correct.

This is gonna be trial and error, but err on the side of too little as opposed to too much.

4) With a large enough reservoir, maybe once or twice a week, if ever - if doing weekly changeouts, you won't need to at all (again, with a LARGE reservoir).

5) This depends and is kinda based on personal preference (as well as reservoir size), but the more often the better (IMO). I've tried never changing my reservoir for an entire grow and I didn't like the results.

6) Doesn't really matter - just don't do them as a flood is happening and let whatever changes you're making mix into your reservoir for a couple of minutes.

7) I never did, but I doubt it would hurt to do this maybe once in the middle of flowering and then again at your final flush.

Now when you first setup your system you're gonna want to be checking it at least once a day and more likely twice a day just to make sure nothing's leaking, etc., but once you're setup a good schedule is this:

Sunday - change out rez
Monday - do whatever
Tuesday - do whatever
Wednesday - check PPM/pH for five minutes, adjust as needed
Thursday - do whatever
Friday - do whatever
Saturday - do whatever
Sunday - change out rez

Simple as pie.

BTW, I would invest in some 29% H2O2 (I think 35% is regulated now because it's used in making explosives), and that in conjunction with using hydroton will make rez temps pretty meaningless.

B

bluegrass

Great posts you guys, the more I read from you, the more confidence I gather. I got the hydroton today, along with a led for clones, and a 72 site cloner.

Hey Bobby, could you please go a little further into detail about the 28% peroxide? How and when? Dillution rates? What stage of growth? All that good stuff! Thanks Bobby and devious I really appreciate you guys!

Oh and one more thing bobby? What sized square pots would you recommend for 2 ft plants? I want to max out the yield of course, but Im unsure on what sized pots to use on plants that will be 2ft at the end of flower? Thanks so much my friends! Much love!

tokinupon1

tokinupon1

Good post answered alot of ??s I had on ebb n flow... I need an easy system To start messing with this hydro stuff... 40+ hour weeks at a normal job really puts a damper on hobbies

B

Bobby Smith

I add H2O2 every time I check my plants (twice a week-ish) at the rate of 1mL/gallon of reservoir; the first time you add it try 1mL/4 gallons and work your way up from there.

Get yourself some gloves, because it will burn your hands if it comes into contact with skin - that shit is awesome though, the second you add it anything living in your reservoir starts dying.

6" square pots would let you run 36 plants in your 3x3 tray and will also easily support 2' tall plants.

S

strictlyHYDROid

This is for an ebb and flow table you guys, medium is hydroton in square pots.

Ok so depending on the stage of growth my nutrients will be at a different ppm, 500 or so for rooted clones with roots showing, to around 1500 or so ppm for full veg growth/flowering?

Everyday I should wake up and go in the room about a half hour before the first flood of the "day" and check the ppm's, ph, and temp of the res. I will adjust the ppm/ph accordingly by adding half strength nutes mixed up in a gallon jug beforehand. I will add nutes from this gallon jug to my res until the ppm and ph has been adjusted accordingly. Every second day I should top off with just plain ph adjusted ro water instead of half strength nutrients? Correct? I want to make sure the temp of the res solution is around 65 degrees or so, and try to keep the temps stable for the most part. Then every 10 days or so I should do a complete res change with completely fresh nutrients. How often should I flush out the plants? and how should I go about flushing pots filled with hydroton? Just pour water straight ph adjusted water through the tops of the pots down into the table and allow it do drain into the res?

Is this pretty much how I should be working with this system or am I missing something? Or do I have it completely wrong? Can anyone fill me in on anything Im missing on ebb and flow daily activities and maintenance? Thanks a lot!

sounds good to me

B

bluegrass

bobby thanks once again my friend! I will pick some up asap! So I just add the h202 directly to the res? No diluting before hand? Thanks man, btw it wont kill the roots, just the slimy algae right? I hear its actually beneficial to the roots to use peroxide right? Thanks bubba, shots will be up in a couple days!

B

Bobby Smith

Yup, just add it right to the reservoir, but again, start at 1/4mL/gallon and increase that each time until you get to 1mL/gallon - no dilution necessary, but again, WEAR GLOVES.

Yeah, when I let algae get to be a little much in my rez, I add it at 2mL/gallon and the brown gunk all comes off the sides of your rez and floats to the top instantly.

It's really great shit, and a side benefit is that when it breaks apart, it adds some O to your rez.

G

gudkarma

take 'em to school bobby smith he is.

great post. great answers.

B

bluegrass

Im a humbled student and I totally agree brother man! I appreciate the info bobby! I just like to learn from others mistakes before I make my own, I am expecting a few surprises and speedbumps along with way you guys, I know something will fuck up, and Im ready for it! Well, because of you Im ready for it ;) I appreciate the love and info peeps, and keep it coming! BG!!! Room is 50% right now, another couple of hours and Im going to show you what Im working with. You'll probably laugh because of the ghetto tek BS that Im throwing down, but its at well under a grand in budget so far and Ive got every fucking thing I need besides these lifesaver clones that are coming in. Ive got afghani cutts in the cloner as we speak! This is gonna be fun you guys, and I hope you subscribe to my thread that Im gonna make! I will need help and opinions and you guys seem to be chocked full of that shit man! hahah PLUR

devious d

devious d

that hydrogen peroxide i think gets the intertnodes closer together generally more healthy i use the chemist version (for bottle blondes) 9% one 2 caps in altr, keeps all that aLGAE IN CHECK and the plants love it.

J

Jalisco Kid

that hydrogen peroxide i think gets the intertnodes closer together generally more healthy i use the chemist version (for bottle blondes) 9% one 2 caps in altr, keeps all that aLGAE IN CHECK and the plants love it.

What makes you think the peroxide would keep your internodes close? JK

J

Jalisco Kid

Im a humbled student and I totally agree brother man! I appreciate the info bobby! I just like to learn from others mistakes before I make my own, I am expecting a few surprises and speedbumps along with way you guys, I know something will fuck up, and Im ready for it! Well, because of you Im ready for it ;) I appreciate the love and info peeps, and keep it coming! BG!!! Room is 50% right now, another couple of hours and Im going to show you what Im working with. You'll probably laugh because of the ghetto tek BS that Im throwing down, but its at well under a grand in budget so far and Ive got every fucking thing I need besides these lifesaver clones that are coming in. Ive got afghani cutts in the cloner as we speak! This is gonna be fun you guys, and I hope you subscribe to my thread that Im gonna make! I will need help and opinions and you guys seem to be chocked full of that shit man! hahah PLUR

Knowing you might have problems coming in the future,whats in your first aid kit? JK

devious d

devious d

Jk got no scientific proof i just b a humble grower patient, but when growing hydro with and without h-peroxide the results have seemed better to me personally, no pics just my humble experience perhaps its the general health of the plant, initial oxygen uptake ? Plant science i only understand to a certain level just what youd learn from 10 yrs growing :bong2:

B

bluegrass

Hey JK nice to see ya man! Ive got some einstein oil, some insecticidal soap, some serenade, and a few others, just got my hydrogen peroxide for the res and to clean shit with. Ive got a few bombs just in case, and Im thinking about a sulfur burner as well...Ive got all my nutes and stuff guys!

Ive got sensi grow and bloom a+b on both parts, Ive got big bud, and bud candy, Ive got hydroplex and sweet too. I just need some cal mag just in case and Ill be done! :)

Top Bottom