Ok to transplant 1gal soil into 3 gal coco/perlite?

• Thread starter Mr.
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mr.

I am looking at getting some large teens that are in 1 gallon of soil. Will this be ok to transplant into 3gal of coco/perlite? The other options are teens in a coco soil mix and teens in 3 inch rockwool. I have read online that it could cause problems and I have also read that it is fine to transplant the soil into the coco, which is why I am asking all of you what you think. I don't want to have to rinse the soil away from the roots or anything like that before transplanting. Thanks

Strains being considered:
Soil - God Bud
Soil/coco mix - Blue Dream
3" RW - Shrom

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, it's fine. I would do what I always do when I transplant and remove some of the old media and roots, open the roots up so they've got good contact with the new media. You'll have to adjust feeding gradually, so may see some of that classic Ca-Mg yellowing and necrosis before you realize you need to start feeding it.

You don't need to rinse the soil away, just remove a little bit.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Seamaiden is always on point! I'd give her more rep but it tells me I can't.

I've done this on a few occasions, and not had any problems, just slowly increase the cal-mag as the roots grow and you should be golden.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
some of the nicest plants I ran in coco thus far were hugo rockwool cubes on top of a 3 gal coco/perliet mix (70/30)

Top Bottom