Ok to transplant in flowering?

• Thread starter Seattleblues71
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seattleblues71

Seattleblues71

Is it ok to transplant once a plant begins to flower? Is it even necessary at that point?

Heynow

Heynow

You can.

Should you? Probably not.
It will set them back at least 10 days, you could possibly damage the root system, you could snap something you don't want to...all of these are possible.

If you feel they are way too rootbound, feed them a good fertilizer

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I have transplanted and flipped to 12/12 a day later. What I found was that sativa doms tended to send roots into the new soil. Indica doms sent almost no roots into the new soil — it was pretty much a waste of soil.

That was one grow with only one indica strain, so it might be strain specific. But from that experience I always give the plants at least a week in the new pot before flipping to 12/12.

Terpz719

Terpz719

I've up potted two weeks into flower, and none of the plants missed a beat. Was it necessary? In my case it was because they were in solo cups until I could sex them and decide which ones I wanted to keep. As in all things growing, everybody's garden and plants are different, so YMMV.

freestatefarmer

freestatefarmer

My second grow when I knew less than I do now, I transplanted at 5 weeks into flower. Have no idea if it affected yeild, but the plant never showed any stress.

Seattleblues71

Seattleblues71

Hey thank you for your responses. I'm going to go ahead and NOT transplant the few in flowering I thought may need it. The plants are in 3 gal. pots so hopefully they be ok. Usually they go into 5 2 weeks b4 flower but I got lazy. The lights are off now so I'll post pics tonight

Latest posts

Top Bottom