Okay to prune these skinny branches off at the beginning of flower?

• Thread starter flowerlover
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
flowerlover

flowerlover

Hi - I have a really tall plant (10 feet) and it's just starting to flower - wondering if I can prune off some of the smaller branches - see pictures.

I don't think the branches will hold buds - they are kind of flimsy - so I want to trim them off - and then the plant can focus the energy on the thicker branches - my concern is doing it when she is starting to flower.

Showing photos of the whole plant, pictures of what I would like to prune and a picture of where I am at in the flower stage.

Thank you all!

Okay to prune these skinny branches off at the beginning of flower

Flower
Okay to prune these skinny branches off at the beginning of flower 3
ThiccHarambe

ThiccHarambe

In my honest opinion, I have always pruned the smaller branches that rarely get any sunlight and are just extremely small compared to other branches, I'll even prune the small nodes on branches that are near the middle of the plant that get rarely any light and aren't growing at all. Some people will say to just leave them be and some will say to go ahead and prune it, it honestly just depends on what you're comfortable with. Those smaller branches and nodes will still produce bud but it won't be anything like the upper branches, I was taught by a fellow farmer that by pruning the smaller nodes and branches you allow your plant to start focusing on building the bud structure of your bigger branches/nodes and in turn can increase your yields. However I haven't done a comparison between pruning and non pruning so I can't say for sure that it does increase the yield but in my honest opinion I do believe it does to an extent, but again this is my opinion and what I do personally so it's really up to you. Those smaller branches and nodes will still produce bud that you can use for edibles, wax, or just smoke it.

wtfdaemon

wtfdaemon

In my honest opinion, I have always pruned the smaller branches that rarely get any sunlight and are just extremely small compared to other branches, I'll even prune the small nodes on branches that are near the middle of the plant that get rarely any light and aren't growing at all. Some people will say to just leave them be and some will say to go ahead and prune it, it honestly just depends on what you're comfortable with. Those smaller branches and nodes will still produce bud but it won't be anything like the upper branches, I was taught by a fellow farmer that by pruning the smaller nodes and branches you allow your plant to start focusing on building the bud structure of your bigger branches/nodes and in turn can increase your yields. However I haven't done a comparison between pruning and non pruning so I can't say for sure that it does increase the yield but in my honest opinion I do believe it does to an extent, but again this is my opinion and what I do personally so it's really up to you. Those smaller branches and nodes will still produce bud that you can use for edibles, wax, or just smoke it.

I trim the larfy undergrowth when plant starts to pre-flower. If you want to try cloning, these branches are great for that.

Top Bottom