Okay To Start With Soil, And Transplant To Coco?

• Thread starter CasualCrim
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CasualCrim

I have started my seedlings in nectar of the gods #4, since it is great for starting seeds. I am going to be transplanting into Coco loco by bush doctor around week 3 of veg as long as my plants are ready. Is there anything wrong with switching from soil to coco? And should I switch from a soil nutrient chart to coco nutrient chart once the transplant is done? Thank you for the help.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Yea and yes! Lol
Seedlings can be in any media to start then transplant shock in coco and follow coco feed guide. But early enough that the transplant won’t damage or shock the roots.
3 weeks into veg maybe a little late. But it has been done by others

C

CasualCrim

Anyone have experience with coco loco? I have read that you should treat it like soil as it is highly amended. I have done this the last couple of grows, one turned out great, the next not so much but I blame the environment on that one, not the nutes or grow method. Now that I think about it, I got small amounts of nutrient burn last grow because I was testing higher nute strength on the plants, hydro grow charts suggest much more nutes, if I followed that I would've had much more severe burns right? I never thought twice about going from soil to coco before doing it, but apparently Coco Loco is not the average coco.

Top Bottom