Old And Tired. Looking For Nice Place To Call Home

• Thread starter S3CC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S3CC

S3CC

Hi all,
Been a recluse since the meltdown of Cannabis World. Poked my head above the water a couple of times but never for long. Actually started growing back when Led Zepplin was still touring the U.S. and the announcement came over the radio that the Twin Cities stop was cancelled because the drummer was killed which of course is when they enacted their pact to end the band if a member was lost. It was before there was an internet or even a home pc. If you said cell phone to somebody they would say" what is that"? The only seed you came by was what you found in a bag. Mohican was just barely still around and Columbian was the staple at $40 a lid. Even had the chance to sample genuine thai stick a couple of times. Earned a degree in horticulture with honors, graduating in 2013 at a age when most people are becoming grand parents. In January 2015 things changed in a way that I now take a different view on how I see things. One of those new views is to get back to a nice growers chat board. I no longer have time for arguments or drama that is so prevalent on chat boards with a crowd that is accustomed to behaving like teenagers and think rudeness is standard operating procedure. My username holds great personal meaning to me even if others may not understand what it is saying to them. My purpose for being here is I love to grow and am so fascinated with the plant even after all these decades that it is so nice when I see others enjoying growing as well. I am hoping this is the site where I can settle down and relax again, communicating occasionally and who knows, maybe make a friend or two.
My growing exposure includes cultivars such as but not limited to pure afghan, NL, OG, other various kush's, sativa/indica hybrids like Jack Herer, Thai-Tanic, various skunks, and more sativa leaning examples such as Mr. Nice Nevilles Haze.
Cannabiogen Destroyer is waiting in the wings and I am currently running a grow of HSO Trainwreck in SCROG, HSO Blue Dream in SCROG and Original Grand Daddy Purple in natural form from Ken Estes. I am a dyed-in-the-wool organic grower although when I ran the haze it was in Coco and using the direct-to-waste hydroponic method and hydro nutes.
So that's it in a nutshell.
Hope I didn't bore you too much.
Peace

S3CC

S3CC

It is one of those plants you just can't go wrong with. I grew DP's Oasis which I believe they said is a NL #2. Good branching, fat buds frosty to the point it starts to get that slightly white look on the outside and of course great taste. My favorite was Yumbolt for the taste. Reminded me of eating a Kraft caramel and the taste stayed even when smoking in a bowl and you were at the bottom. Bought the seed again after Tony lost the original parents but didn't seem to have the same taste. Looking forward to the GDP. I smoked (but haven't grown) Grape Ape and if GDP tastes the same it's gonna be great. Will try to send a couple of pics of current grow but don't have a good camera anymore, just what I got on my cell phone.

S3CC

S3CC

HSO Blue Dream HSO Blue Dream

HSO Trainwreck HSO Trainwreck

Both were flipped to 12/12 on 10/10/2015. The Trainwreck is under a Hortilux 600W HPS and the Blue Dream is under a
400W HPS. I am using Vic's super soil recipe for growing media. I just add my ph adjusted water and every couple of weeks add some Earth Juice Microblast and that is it. Once again sorry about the photo quality. Both screens are 3ft x 3ft. You can see the sativa leaning characteristics in the Blue Dream. The Trainwreck is beginning to show the "classic" spindly stems.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Columbian was the staple at $40 a lid
$40 a lid?? How many fingers in that lid? :D I don't think I ever paid more than $15.

I missed seeing Led Zep, but I got to enjoy The Who.

Welcome to the farm, you'll find some really old fuckers layin' around here somewhere...

Well, until I find them, have a toke. I think it's Loran's Lemon Taffy I've got going here ===~~

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Welcome to the farm oldtimer, glad your here.
Peace

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
How many hours have we spent bent over a shoebox lid or a Frisbee? How many hours, I ask you!? LMFAO!

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Welcome, @S3CC ! Beautiful plants. What's your soil mix?

outwest

S3CC

S3CC

Hello outwest. I am using Vic High's recipe for super soil. I can't post the amounts used right now because the recipe sheet is in the grow room and it's lights out on the 12/12 right now but I will put them up later tonight. It uses all the natural stuff though like blood meal, bone meal, kelp meal and such. I know there was a revision later but it only changed the bone meal to fish bone meal. I did make one batch with the fish bone meal but found the fish meal smells allot more than the bone meal. The reason for the change though was the fish meal breaks down a bit faster so it is ready sooner for the plants. I myself went back to using bone meal because of the smell. The plants in the pics are using the bone meal version and I feel they still do just fine. Just heed the warning not to throw seedlings in that are too young or they may not react well. I do it pretty often though and usually with no problems but I found out you don't want to do it at least with Grand Daddy Purple. I planted the ones I have going now in the mix just one day after they sprouted and they threw fits to be sure. They have adjusted now but I came close to losing them.

S3CC

S3CC

Vic High's Super Soil;
3.8 cu. ft. bale of peat moss (promix, sunshine, etc.)
8 cups bone meal
4 cups blood meal
1 1/3 cups Epsom salts
3 1/2 cups dolomite lime
4 cups kelp meal
25 pounds worm castings

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
Vic High's Super Soil;
3.8 cu. ft. bale of peat moss (promix, sunshine, etc.)
8 cups bone meal
4 cups blood meal
1 1/3 cups Epsom salts
3 1/2 cups dolomite lime
4 cups kelp meal
25 pounds worm castings
Do you let that mix cook over time before you use it?

Top Bottom