Old ladies.... Need resolutions....

• Thread starter Mr.Budly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.Budly

Mr.Budly

Old lady is still bitching.... Build a box and half the noise... Like nothing changed haha no problem smoking the finished bud but bitches 100% of the grow.... Y'all have any tips to quiet her down for a couple months til we move? Going up on the roof once the final details get settled, til then I could use a trick of the trade!! Thanks in advance!

Old ladies need resolutions
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Get her something or do something extra nice. Distract her with romantic stuff... Let her get away with some shit you dont necessarily like?

I had a brief period of growing in a 2x2 converted refrigerator in our bedroom for a year or so. lol. It didnt go over well either. Its like if they can hear it, it drives them nuts lol.

What about it exactly doesnt she like? Just the sound? the risk? the smell? The copious amounts of ganja?

BloodShot

BloodShot

Old lady is still bitching.... Build a box and half the noise... Like nothing changed haha no problem smoking the finished bud but bitches 100% of the grow.... Y'all have any tips to quiet her down for a couple months til we move? Going up on the roof once the final details get settled, til then I could use a trick of the trade!! Thanks in advance!
I'm assuming you stuffed the box with some sort of insulation.
But knowing if it's the sound from the inline or a rattle etc would help.
IMG 4237

https://www.amazon.com/Active-Air-ACSC-Speed-Adjuster/dp/B007TFTITS

Last edited:
Mr.Budly

Mr.Budly

Get her something or do something extra nice. Distract her with romantic stuff... Let her get away with some shit you dont necessarily like?

I had a brief period of growing in a 2x2 converted refrigerator in our bedroom for a year or so. lol. It didnt go over well either. Its like if they can hear it, it drives them nuts lol.

What about it exactly doesnt she like? Just the sound? the risk? the smell? The copious amounts of ganja?

Yeah it's the sound cause it definitely ain't the savings and jars full!!

Mr.Budly

Mr.Budly

Tell her she is right and that you will buy all your weed at a dispensary from now on. Should only cost 10x more than growing with a little fan noise.

Her choice!

They'll keep growing, just trying to make it easier on my end haha turbine sounds like it's starting to wobble out so I get it but like the other member says it showed effort right?

Mr.Budly

Mr.Budly

I'm assuming you stuffed the box with some sort of insulation.
But knowing if it's the sound from the inline or a rattle etc would help.
View attachment 929581

It ain't no rattle, it's the decibal level.. fan came with a potentiometer, it's on low... Love to eliminate it but damn she stinks in such a good way!!! Mmmm, don't bother me haha daughter drives a different approach. I work but mom is home and it's loud.. can't eliminate it... need it, led puts off too much heat, sitting at 73 bottom and 76 top fan running 24/7...
https://www.amazon.com/Active-Air-ACSC-Speed-Adjuster/dp/B007TFTITS

Mr.Budly

Mr.Budly

IMG 20200114 172350
IMG 20200112 210949
basscaptain

basscaptain

get that thing up off the floor some...... cover that box with some foam broad...... go to habor f and get a few of there moving blants cover the whole box a few times....

move the fan out of the room.... there's really nothing you can do if she is feed up with it all ready..... the sound isn't going away........

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Might look at what some of the guys that do decibel competition builds in cars. Those guys know how to seal in air and eliminate unwanted vibrations pretty damn good. But, as has been said. Get it off the floor.

Kinda like a fish tank air pump, if it's on the floor/shelf/wall, it'll make all kinds of racket. Suspend it somehow and it's damn near silent. Otherwise, put a carbon filter/muffler on the exit of the fan and crank it up. Still, get the box off the floor and insulate it more.

Can't amplify sound if it's not touching anything.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Insulated ducting/ hard rigid ducting. Accordion ducting is loud as hell. Wrapping the fans/tent in blankets helps. Duct mufflers/carbon filters reduces the noise from air movement quite a bit also.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Buy a fan that runs at lower level of sound , use temp control which can cut the noise fan speed controller as well .

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

Car audio guys use tar-mat for vibration reduction in the panels of the cars for competing to stop the panels from creasing under that kind of pressure.... We used to wrap the Focus in toe straps when the quarter panels bent the year before lol

Top Bottom