Old Man in the Mountain.. GC4 Getting Ready to Say Goodnight!

• Thread starter Jimster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
My Gorilla Glue, now GC4, is pretty much ready and is getting the yellowing leaves from late flowering and finishing the rest of the goodies in the soil as it gets greasy and heavy. I love the way Sativa plants finish, it looks like a long beard when they all turn yellow and hang down. For those growers who totally panic when they see any signs of yellow, this is what I try to achieve as they put whatever they have left into the buds, making them very sticky and hefty, especially for a Sativa.
The other pictures are from my Matanuska Thunderf**k, an old strain that came from Alaska during the oil pipeline project in the 70s. The leaves and buds tend to turn purple when finishing, especially if the temps are cooler.

Old man in the mountain gc4 getting ready to say goodnight
Old man in the mountain gc4 getting ready to say goodnight 2
Old man in the mountain gc4 getting ready to say goodnight 3
Old man in the mountain gc4 getting ready to say goodnight 4
m8ty

m8ty

Are the spots on the leaf from mites? And why so much chicken claw? Are you letting them wilt on purpose?

Reactions: Ina
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Are the spots on the leaf from mites? And why so much chicken claw? Are you letting them wilt on purpose?
The small dots on the older leaves are battle scars from mites. They are pretty much gone and were from vegetative growth, but they definitely leave their calling card! Normally the plants aren't drooping like that... they are using a ton of water and this is about 5 minutes after I gave them a big drink. I never really like to let them get like this (although some maintain that it is necessary, which I disagree). The way that they were drooped was unusual and reminded me of an old cactus that I used to have, that looked somewhat similar, if it is possible for a cactus and a Cannabis to look similar. I like to let them yellow and get the remainder of the nutrients out of the soil, and the yellowing leaves tell me that the time is near, very near. I have seen plants like this outdoors, but it is something that you don't often see indoors because everyone concentrates so much on SCROG and similar growing techniques and few people allow them to grow like they would outdoors.

Latest posts

Top Bottom