Old peyote flowering once again.

• Thread starter BunkerBSMNT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BunkerBSMNT

BunkerBSMNT

Been growing this old guy for over a decade.
Old peyote flowering once again

BunkerBSMNT

BunkerBSMNT

Can you talk more about how you grow it and tthe climate controls....?
Climate control with Peyote is pretty forgiving. Here's some things I've found to be true through experience.

Seeds should be planted in a medium that resists going bad under high humidity. (I uses coco coir and lime stone)

Keep the sprouts and seedlings in a humidity dome for the seedling stage of its life. About 4-6 months. If they stretch they need to be closer to the light or in a spot that receives more light if using the sun. If they turn reddish or brownish they are getting too much light

Peyote does not like or need tons of light. Marijuana seedling lights work amazing (I use T5 high output fluorescent lights and they are great for mature and flowering peyote at about 10-16 inches from light. 16-18 hours of light a day under T5 or similar. If they occupy the same area as your marijuana then don't worry they can still do fine under 12/12.

Generally you won't have to worry about the temps. They can handle hot and very cold so I can't think of an indoor growing location where temp would be a problem. The get warmth from the lights in my case. In my current grow room its about 78F during lights on and about 70 during lights off. But I have grown them in a set up before where day temp was 90F and night was 70F and thy did great.

Growing them in a controlled environment like I do they can handle getting watered every week and sometimes I wait 2 weeks.

Currently my soil mix is vey simple. Just lime stone (lime stone screenings from the hardware store)that I put in a big strainer and rinse thefts off. I mix that at about 1/3 volume with 2/3 volumes of coco coir. (canna from hydro store) And thats it. They seem to love it and its pest resistant and the limestone provides for the alkalinity peyote likes.

For nutrients I am currently using canna A&B at the light feeding schedule strengths; simply because thats what I have. Any nutrients will work. I've used veg and bloom formulas with peyote. . And sometimes just regular water.

Spider mites and other pests can be controlled with something like safer's End All. If you are planning on ingesting them at some point research safe pesticides to use.

Yurfutur1

Yurfutur1

Google khores kakteen. If I remember correct they have about 100 strains of peyote seeds and seek em by the thousand
Don't know about that but here in Texas write down south right before you get to Mexico they have an area that little bitty town that they are allowed to grow peyote for religious purpose.not for themselves but some some church people some religious people come to Texas and purchase a lot of the peyote in that area but it grows wild and the kids we used to go down there and sneak in and get it. Now that is my real.DOC. I enjoy that more than marijuana.
Google khores kakteen. If I remember correct they have about 100 strains of peyote seeds and seek em by the thousand

Yurfutur1

Yurfutur1

Not sure in he USA I’m in Canada where peyote is completely legal so there’s stores and websites you can just order from. Mine produce seeds so I don’t need to ge them from anywhere. But there are definitely websites you can order from.
I would definitely be looking into that soon.

Top Bottom