Old school hash, why could you buff it?

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ray.Ray

Ray.Ray

Hi y'all. Ok so last fall I decided to embark on dry sifting my weed.. I made a bunch of screens different sizes.. I cured my weed for about 3-4 months and then I started down the dry sift journey. I learned a lot along the way .. documented the process, took macro lens photos at different stages and got to where I think it was pretty pure.. (no official 5 * rating on it lol) still it was pretty fn pure.
I kept saving what I called my A grade .. and I saved some less pure but still not bad into a B grade and other even lesser grade in C grade (thinking I would try to make oil or edibles later.
Using a big Wine bottle I pressed different qtys .. 10g 6g 8g 4 g ... anyway I had 65+ g of A grade and less B grade ... I pressed it all covered in double shrink wrap , labeled the ball with a sticky .. for weight and grade and stuck them in a mason jar in the dark in the basement where .. well its cooler ...

Now a few months later some of those balls are still black and look like they did when they went in there and others are drying out changing color to that yellow/brown color... I opened one of those dried ones and it was not hard but very crumbly.. I smoked some in a vaporizer and in a pipe on its own and it was still rock star good but not at all the same consistency.. I am wondering why

Not all the balls are doing this .. The B grade seems to hold its consistency the A grade (the purer kief) not as much.. What I wanted was that shiny coating from pressing and rolling into a ball to preserve it but even in wrapped in plastic and in a mason jar ..some of it has dried considerably.. I am wondering why? Like what did I do wrong why? .. Did I over press it? Is this a thing? Did I under press it? Its not like its a total loss (I hope) but looking for solid advice. I am pretty sure further pressing of the dried (now very crumbly) hash would not do much .. This stuff you could melt with your hands initially.

Latest posts

Top Bottom