Old school skunk..does it exist???

• Thread starter Jackson1969
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

moabgenetix

We got
Man you guys have made me feel all nostalgic reading through this!

I absolutely loved the skunk. Haven’t smelled it in years :(
We got it rare clones. They are f2s so you have to hunt them. The orignal cut will be released after the flower hits the dipos in Jan 2024. It won't be crazy priced to. But we wanna make sure everything is perfect. This project we have been working on for years

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

We got

We got it rare clones. They are f2s so you have to hunt them. The orignal cut will be released after the flower hits the dipos in Jan 2024. It won't be crazy priced to. But we wanna make sure everything is perfect. This project we have been working on for years
I hope you have the real deal bro. No offense to you at all but simple truth be told I spent like $2k no joke. Dozens of packs from many different breeders. Every one of them made bold claims none of them had the real thing. I will gladly take the Pepsi challenge with yours but so far its all strike outs and hype. The real skunk was in another league compared to modern day cookie crap. It's all about ester and Thiol if you actually have it may God bless your soul.

Rama777

Rama777

I’ve got about 30 Chemdog 91 x Sour Diesel seeds from a British breeder that are over a decade old but well preserved. Think there might be any skunk phenos?

M

moabgenetix

Stokes your a cool thinker. Memory is a great thing.
Big Facts alot of people have roadkill still in the midwest. It was just called skunk here. Once u have it..its like OK..alot of the good genetics (not hype) are alot better th
I’ve got about 30 Chemdog 91 x Sour Diesel seeds from a British breeder that are over a decade old but well preserved. Think there might be any skunk phenos?
Could possibly be but which sour d is it. The real sour d when ran right is skunky. Not sure which one he worked with..you could f2 those out and increase the chances but at that point u could just hunt our seed stock and it would be easier

Rama777

Rama777

Is the “original” SD the same as the “real” SD? The original seed packs were supposedly OSD x CD91 but the seeds I’m getting were the result of breeding the fastest showing male pollen from the pack for a couple years of generations with a particular selected female pheno. It is not possible to find out any more information until I grow them, but the person I’m getting them from (not the person who had been breeding it) says it was the skunkiest, dankest weed he’s had in his 35 years of smoking. He’s the biggest snob I know when it comes to flower so I am definitely excited to grow some out!!

M

moabgenetix

Is the “original” SD the same as the “real” SD? The original seed packs were supposedly OSD x CD91 but the seeds I’m getting were the result of breeding the fastest showing male pollen from the pack for a couple years of generations with a particular selected female pheno. It is not possible to find out any more information until I grow them, but the person I’m getting them from (not the person who had been breeding it) says it was the skunkiest, dankest weed he’s had in his 35 years of smoking. He’s the biggest snob I know when it comes to flower so I am definitely excited to grow some out!!
Back in the day there was co fusion about the diesals original sour diesal and original diesal was two different names. Supposedly original sour diesal has sfv in it and the original diesal is the Chemdog 91 x mass x nl...but with the Chemdog 91 being a grandparent and a direct parent I would imagine those seeds are going to be chem dominant as the 91 is dominant anyways. Regardless you might find a good Chemdog 91 replication that finishes faster and dont herm. But even to this day we havnt ran any of the chem bx crosses then the original Chemdog 91 and chem-d we have. Regardless Regardless lol...should be fire if it's truly the right parents. Alot of breeders are known for chopping lineage up or making shit up on the parents to sell seeds faster or at a higher price. Seen it first hand

M

moabgenetix

Short answer there was alot of diesals cuts mixed up and there was alot of different diesal cuts as well. It's almost like og kush. But there are hundreds if not 1000s of og kush clone onlys

E

elpharmacist

After all, I will just make a real Italian pizza,
One that only my friends can taste, because I've made it LOL

RKS from reserva privada had a recessive phenotype that was the bomb original skunk 🦨 , eternal regrets that the clones didn't thrived and the reveg after some long time I just gave up. I think I posted a Photo of this pheno here in this thread.

I tried some packs after and never found that pheno again.. well that's life.
What year more less was it when you seen it had a recessive phenotype that was the bomb original skunk?🧐🤔

M

moabgenetix

I hope you have the real deal bro. No offense to you at all but simple truth be told I spent like $2k no joke. Dozens of packs from many different breeders. Every one of them made bold claims none of them had the real thing. I will gladly take the Pepsi challenge with yours but so far its all strike outs and hype. The real skunk was in another league compared to modern day cookie crap. It's all about ester and Thiol if you actually have it may God bless your soul.
Yeah we do..proof is in the flower that's why we are putting it in the dispos and we have a few crossed thats more modernized for the cups. We spent 5k on this project.. almost every breeder on a Google search turned to be a fail. We have capabilities of doing 500 plant hunts though so we were able to work this project pretty fast but we finally bought pre 1980 skunk and kentucky skunk from Eastern Kentucky. Both was from inquiry not anyone selling the seeds but more of offers. Any breeder that claims they have true roadkill and is selling it that I have yet to see.

Rama777

Rama777

I’m a new grower and new to the forum. I sense that like myself, a fair number of people have nostalgia for some of older strains. I’m ignorant of breeding practices but if those strains are out there still, like the VA Skunk, why the hell would they not start popping up everywhere?

Is there actually a very small demand for it that’s just represented in the forums? I mean we are the growers, and if it’s something we want, then I see know reason that the “consumer” smokers wouldn’t want it as well. Like if you really have the Skunk, which seems to be something that plenty of us are pining for, why wouldn’t everyone else?

Are people just coveting it due to the capitalistic decay of community? What kind of shit bag wouldn’t want to spread it with joy as far and wide as they can!!

I don’t quite understand. I’ve seen threads for years of people not being able to find the original Skunk. Spread that shit it you really got it. Cover your costs, make a little money to feed your family and for the love of all that remains sacred, spread the skunk!

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

I’m a new grower and new to the forum. I sense that like myself, a fair number of people have nostalgia for some of older strains. I’m ignorant of breeding practices but if those strains are out there still, like the VA Skunk, why the hell would they not start popping up everywhere?

Is there actually a very small demand for it that’s just represented in the forums? I mean we are the growers, and if it’s something we want, then I see know reason that the “consumer” smokers wouldn’t want it as well. Like if you really have the Skunk, which seems to be something that plenty of us are pining for, why wouldn’t everyone else?

Are people just coveting it due to the capitalistic decay of community? What kind of shit bag wouldn’t want to spread it with joy as far and wide as they can!!

I don’t quite understand. I’ve seen threads for years of people not being able to find the original Skunk. Spread that shit it you really got it. Cover your costs, make a little money to feed your family and for the love of all that remains sacred, spread the skunk!
It’s because most people who are claiming to have it don’t actually have the real thing. Younger people never smelled real thiol skunk so they will come across really hot kush phenos (which are legitimately skunky and pretty solid) and they will get excited about them and make bold claims. Then they spread the seeds around or sell them thinking that they are gonna release the holy grail but it never really goes anywhere because what they are pushing is a dime a dozen. If it doesn’t have the real eye burning Ester Alcohol it’s not real skunk bud.

D

Darkride

Strayfox gardenz has the closest plants to skunk I’ve grown in seed form. His work is legit. Been hunting skunk for years, All the Kentucky “skunk” I’ve grown has been hot garbage. Pips Gold Coast hashplant is solid as well. Skunk is such a subjective smell we will never get everyone to agree on what it should smell like.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Strayfox gardenz has the closest plants to skunk I’ve grown in seed form. His work is legit. Been hunting skunk for years, All the Kentucky “skunk” I’ve grown has been hot garbage. Pips Gold Coast hashplant is solid as well. Skunk is such a subjective smell we will never get everyone to agree on what it should smell like.
I’ve checked out the Strayfox online before but never ordered from them. I’m glad you mentioned this. I too have ran a bunch of Kentucky stuff but was never impressed. I’m gonna check out that Strayfox I’m excited now. Have you tried to take cuts of the Strayfox skunk? Just curious I know older vintage genetics usually don’t clone well it’s usually a seed only venture but I would love to find a good skunk that roots well. This way I can start refining my grow technique and start turning cycles quick and get my uniformity tight.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Also which exact skunk of Strayfox did you run? I’m seeing a few different ones online

Seazofcheese420

Seazofcheese420

1979 skunk (Leadville) Breeds true 🤙🏻 words slowly getting around. I have a thread on here. My friends flavor207 and Deezo have a great reg cross with her called mad on insta. Skunks 🦨 coming 2024. I’ve got my crosses like Zoinks and New Sour and stage5clinger 🤙🏻
IMG 7522

Rama777

Rama777

Vintage genetics don’t clone as well? What’s the deal with that? Has the potential for clone success been a trait that breeders have been focusing on and that’s why newer genetics take to cloning better?

Is it that they fail to root or that they are potentially just less vigorous after successfully rooting?

Seazofcheese420

Seazofcheese420

Vintage genetics don’t clone as well? What’s the deal with that? Has the potential for clone success been a trait that breeders have been focusing on and that’s why newer genetics take to cloning better?

Is it that they fail to root or that they are potentially just less vigorous after successfully rooting?
Possible disease vectors, possible degradation from improper treatment over the years. You never know how allot of these old cuts where treated along their lifetimes that’s why tissue culture is looked at as a viable solution to rejuvenate old cuts 🤙🏻

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Im not sure the exact reason why however its an observation that I have come to after trying to take cuts on a bunch of vintage heirlooms. If I had to make an educated guess I would say that it's probably because back in the day commercial growers used to do outdoors only and exclusively by seed. So there was no real focus on isolating the rooting genes. But fast forward to today many growers now prefer indoors and they use cuts to speed up the cycle. So over countless generations the trait for fast cloning has been further isolated in the gene pool. However its not a hard rule because I did find a Northern Lights #5 with genetics sourced from the 80s that clones like a champion. So there is some hope lol

nomdeplume

nomdeplume

Vacuum sealer,
No weed can permeate vacuum sealed plastic, i have never had any issues.
Postal service isn’t looking for ounces there looking for pounds.
Even if it's found they will send you a "love letter" indicating they have your contraband, and of you want it come and get it. Or you can just ignore the whole issue and they will destroy it in 30 days, or something similar. And then they watch your mail for a few years in case you're one of the stupid ones who won't learn.

Latest posts

Top Bottom