Old school skunk..does it exist???

• Thread starter Jackson1969
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
You don’t have the original skunk number one! Few people have it. It’s Ohio USA !
I’m confident I grew it all in 2002, you would be dead on the money.

JohnBlazr

JohnBlazr

As a younger guy I don’t think I ever experienced the skunk weed, I started smoking weed in 2011 probably, and I was still a kid so it wasn’t much. All that comes to mind is the pungent sour D , Dutch Hawaiian kind of smell but “skunk” doesn’t seem to correlate.

SouthernOhio

SouthernOhio

🤓

I am old brother, lol I will never get with Sammy Hagar as much as I love David Lee Roth Van Halen

Mean Streets 👊

Skunk and "Runnin' With The Devil" album made their "debut" about the same time. lol
Many hot bands back then, Molly Hatchet, Blackfoot, etc.
Was the "best of times" to be young in the 70's and 80's.
I saw Van Halen both ways.
Sammy is a hell of a guitar player.
I still own the Sammy Hagar "Red Rocker" Tube amp made by Crate.
Oops! Trippin' down "Memory Lane" again.

SouthernOhio

SouthernOhio

As a younger guy I don’t think I ever experienced the skunk weed, I started smoking weed in 2011 probably, and I was still a kid so it wasn’t much. All that comes to mind is the pungent sour D , Dutch Hawaiian kind of smell but “skunk” doesn’t seem to correlate.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say "no" I highly doubt if you smoke true Skunk genetics. lol
No offense intended, but 3/4 of these forum people haven't ever smoked it.
Nothing I've grown from these US companies since 2018 has anything even remotely close to the old Skunk.
I've been highly disappointed in what weed has become.
It looks good!
Really frosty!
But you're never gonna find it in the dark, sealed up in zips, downwind.
That's how strong that Skunk ammonia, piss, onion scent is, and it lingers.
It sticks to your clothes.
Verifiable facts.
Skunk isn't for everyone.
There's no big demand for it,
but a handful of "weed nerds" on the internet.
About money, always.

T

Theoldman

Skunk and "Runnin' With The Devil" album made their "debut" about the same time. lol
Many hot bands back then, Molly Hatchet, Blackfoot, etc.
Was the "best of times" to be young in the 70's and 80's.
I saw Van Halen both ways.
Sammy is a hell of a guitar player.
I still own the Sammy Hagar "Red Rocker" Tube amp made by Crate.
Oops! Trippin' down "Memory Lane" again.
Are you the old man from argonia Ohio?

XLNordic

XLNordic

I have some RKS Heime Cheeba in the mail from Canada currently.
Pretty sure its not the real deal holy grail RKS but it should contain some nice Stinky phenoes.
Time will tell 😉

They will be multiplied and made available later for others to try

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Sci show of all things on YouTube has a recent short explaining it's the same compound as a skunk, so literally is a skunks smell. So cool.

Stokes

Stokes

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say "no" I highly doubt if you smoke true Skunk genetics. lol
No offense intended, but 3/4 of these forum people haven't ever smoked it.
Nothing I've grown from these US companies since 2018 has anything even remotely close to the old Skunk.
I've been highly disappointed in what weed has become.
It looks good!
Really frosty!
But you're never gonna find it in the dark, sealed up in zips, downwind.
That's how strong that Skunk ammonia, piss, onion scent is, and it lingers.
It sticks to your clothes.
Verifiable facts.
Skunk isn't for everyone.
There's no big demand for it,
but a handful of "weed nerds" on the internet.
About money, always.

I had it in 2018, not impossible

But i agree it is very rank, and stink up every room it comes in and leaves its mark when its gone

SouthernOhio

SouthernOhio

I found a pretty dam skunky specimen this current run. After trying dozens of strains over the years and hundreds of seeds the one single winner thus far is a 1990s Catpiss. This one pheno is way superior to all the other ones I have ran from the same seed batch. This little girl is still in veg and the stem rubs reek like skunk thiol. I think it’s got the ester genes. I’m excited about this one I think it’s gonna blow the carbon filters away once in flower 👌🦨
Is your cultivar gaining scent?
I remember you saying you finally got one.
Did you take clones?

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

Leeboy

Leeboy

I have some RKS Heime Cheeba in the mail from Canada currently.
Pretty sure its not the real deal holy grail RKS but it should contain some nice Stinky phenoes.
Time will tell 😉

They will be multiplied and made available later for others to try
I’m in Canada 🇨🇦, where did you order these from ?

T

Theoldman

Is your cultivar gaining scent?
I remember you saying you finally got one.
Did you take clones?
Here is an accident. I got a damn northern lights out of my male skunk number on plant. Cross was from a flow. Imagine that. Flow have the same genes as a skunk no.1. Now how did this happen? I didn’t plant it. I tried to revenge a flow plant, it dropped the seed. Cool huh. No. I don’t want anything other than skunk, number one. Potential is rising to perfection. In the background of this picture is a crazy skunk strain that is so so close to the 1980 creation that I am satisfied. Catpiss skunk, real deal!!

IMG 0871
T

Theoldman

Really it is a repulsive smell. It can have an affect on how an individual has about this strain, it’s not pleasant !

SouthernOhio

SouthernOhio

I only grew one of this this year. It makes you literally sick at your stomach to smell it.
It is very unique.
The ancestors came from Jackson County WV or Meigs County Ohio I got from a buddy I worked with in 1998 or 99".
This is flat out, the strongest, foulest smelling Skunk I had ever smoked at the time.
This strain got me growing again.
After taking this pic outside, and messing with the flowers, the smell is sticking to my clothes as I type this after walking back inside.
I can smell it in my living room. lol

JohnBlazr

JohnBlazr

I only grew one of this this year. It makes you literally sick at your stomach to smell it.
It is very unique.
The ancestors came from Jackson County WV or Meigs County Ohio I got from a buddy I worked with in 1998 or 99".
This is flat out, the strongest, foulest smelling Skunk I had ever smoked at the time.
This strain got me growing again.
After taking this pic outside, and messing with the flowers, the smell is sticking to my clothes as I type this after walking back inside.
I can smell it in my living room. lol
View attachment 2046654
got seeds?

Top Bottom