OLD SEEDS - How do you store them? How long should they be good?

• Thread starter frebo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
frebo

frebo

I have searched and cannot find any conversations that really deal with how to store seeds. I sat on thousands of seed from as long ago as 1970 and until say 10 years ago and tried to germinate. NONE, NOT ONE.....

darkmatter

darkmatter

I would advise if you don't plan on growing the seeds within 5 or so years don't buy them.freeezing them is good but when you move around and don't have one for a while what's the point in freezing them to begin with.cool dark place is usually always available,even if you had to put them underground.i don't trust anyone with my seeds so Ill keep them around best I can.i think about this often and when I can I'm cracking most all of them what was the point of buying them if you aren't gonna use them.

frebo

frebo

I will never move. I have some seeds I made and will use these. I have them in 2 x 2 ziploc baggies and I was going to put those in a Kerr pint jar and evacuate the air out of it, then refrigerate or freeze?

darkmatter

darkmatter

Refrigerate then you could go freezer later do both.theres containers everywhere aqua lab has small glass viles fairly cheep throw good rice in there,I read somthing about cheap rice.you need to be able to put a label that will last.the drug stores/sections have all kinds of nifty pill containers.craft stores/sections have small bags even those containers the crazy bead lady's use. Being able to put a lasting label is big.theres a um famous person on here that said he uses pelican cases theres fancy ones and some in the fishing/camping section.theres lab places with fancy viles but there so small, how to label them and understand what's what?vacum seal in pill bottles.i think you want everything smallest size possible for a few reasons.those disicant? Packs they come in shoes I grab a few up at the shoe ile.i keep my best stuff in a case in a small ceder box in the closet.ive froze/refridged/buried/given to people in case.some of everything why not.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I keep my seed collection in the crisper of my weed fridge. Some seeds are 13 years old and they still pop.

IMGP4080
IMGP4081
IMGP4082
IMGP4083

Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

recently popped some 5 year olds who have just been in a closet for 5 years.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Holy shit....must be a double door walk in..... gotta ask whats in the moose box?

Barneys Farm, Critical Kush, Vanilla Kush, Pineapple chunk, Somas Lavender, HA Freezland, Blue Storm, Dr Atomic Shevia and wappa from thc seeds.

lucky weed

lucky weed

store the marijuana seeds in a dry and cool place. you can put them in a sealed container or pack.. put them in a refrigerator but do not freeze because freezing may cause cell structure damage.. seeds that are properly stored are viable and can last for years

:)

neverbreak

neverbreak

i just store them in a drawer in a cool part of the house. oldest i've popped were probably around 5 or 6 years.

I keep my seed collection in the crisper of my weed fridge. Some seeds are 13 years old and they still pop.

13 years! damn that's good. what were they?

neverbreak

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

i just store them in a drawer in a cool part of the house. oldest i've popped were probably around 5 or 6 years.

13 years! damn that's good. what were they?

neverbreak

Shiskaberry from Cash Crop Ken back in the day and some Blue Berry from DJ Short before he started fooling with it.

qupee

qupee

Cool dark place and they should last years. I've thrown them in a drawer in a corner in the basement and had 100% germination after a year+, but I've never tried popping anything older yet.

lucky weed

lucky weed

marijuana seeds can last for two years with proper storage. however, you cannot always expect 100 germination rate. keep the seeds sealed and store them in a dry and cool environment

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

K, I'm still looking for the best/most recent thread we have here on germinating old beans, so I'm throwing this video up here.

Top Bottom