Old seeds??

• Thread starter Sick66
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sick66

Sick66

So I got some gods gift hybrid experiment seeds named PURPLE JESUS from a reputable grower friend of mine a long time ago, like 2013 or so, I'll post their lineage as soon as I get ahold of it (gods gift crossed with some other purps then crossed back to the Gift. Dude sold GDP pollen lol). Well, I found them recently. Decided to see if they germ, got 1 of 2 to pop. Tried again with a different method and got 1 of 2 to pop. Then I tried the glass of water AND the paper towel method and 3 of 7 popped. So I got 5 old school babies growing all 1 week apart lol. 50% germ rate 50% females rate, good thing I have 40 more seeds šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Does anyone have any experience with old seeds? Iā€™m used to clones from dispensaries and autos from seed banks. Theyā€™re still just as good right? I mean they look good and they already have a bit of a stank already but I was told they could go hermie because the age?????

Hereā€™s all the ā€œPURPLE JESUSā€ At roughly 1, 2, and 3 weeks
Old seeds
Old seeds 2

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I've got a thread going about some 25 + year old seeds I'm going to try to crack soon, there's a lot of input you might want to check it out, good luck!

Sick66

Sick66

I've got a thread going about some 25 + year old seeds I'm going to try to crack soon, there's a lot of input you might want to check it out, good luck!
Will do. Thanks!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
So I got some gods gift hybrid experiment seeds named PURPLE JESUS from a reputable grower friend of mine a long time ago, like 2013 or so, I'll post their lineage as soon as I get ahold of it (gods gift crossed with some other purps then crossed back to the Gift. Dude sold GDP pollen lol). Well, I found them recently. Decided to see if they germ, got 1 of 2 to pop. Tried again with a different method and got 1 of 2 to pop. Then I tried the glass of water AND the paper towel method and 3 of 7 popped. So I got 5 old school babies growing all 1 week apart lol. 50% germ rate 50% females rate, good thing I have 40 more seeds šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Does anyone have any experience with old seeds? Iā€™m used to clones from dispensaries and autos from seed banks. Theyā€™re still just as good right? I mean they look good and they already have a bit of a stank already but I was told they could go hermie because the age?????

Hereā€™s all the ā€œPURPLE JESUSā€ At roughly 1, 2, and 3 weeks View attachment 969865View attachment 969866
Unless they came from a hermied plant I think they'll be fine. You're not guaranteed females though and you won't know that until after you turn them to flower. With 5 pots you may only get 1-2 fems or 4-5 fems no way to know. A lot of work and hopes and dreams die after sexing. I had 7 beautiful plants growing and ended up with 2 females. Left me with a mostly empty flower room with only 2 girls in it.

Sick66

Sick66

Unless they came from a hermied plant I think they'll be fine. You're not guaranteed females though and you won't know that until after you turn them to flower. With 5 pots you may only get 1-2 fems or 4-5 fems no way to know. A lot of work and hopes and dreams die after sexing. I had 7 beautiful plants growing and ended up with 2 females. Left me with a mostly empty flower room with only 2 girls in it.
I've got another 40 seeds so I'm not going to be disappointed if I only get 1 or 2. There's always
If I'm stuck with only 1-2 fems I can just increase the veg time and fill up the tent. I always hope for the best but expect the less.

Thanks for the input, much appreciated!

Top Bottom