Old skool grower needs advice

• Thread starter Jambuster6
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jambuster6

Jambuster6

Hi all,
I'm a old school guy and have always used halide for veg and hps for flower but just recently I'm getting curious about giving the led lights a try purely just because they run a lot cooler .
I bought the Mars hydro ts300 to start my seedlings and must say I'm really impressed as my seedlings usually end up with stretched out and very lanky but these have much shorter nodes with thicker stems so far so good. I'm looking at the Mars hydro fc 8000 and wondered if this would give adequate coverage in a 2m x 2m tent ?? Also wondered if there's a led out there that's purely just for the flowering cycle as they all seem to be duel spec
Thanks in advance
Hope you are all good.

trailblazer79

trailblazer79

LED is not so different from. MH. I use Marshydro as well and do well with them. Take a look at the product page for the PAR readings. Anything over 700 PAR is okay for flowering. Over 1000 is better. The lights you are proposing are good because the PAR does not decrease much over the recommended grow area. LEDs can bleach your plants so 12 to 15 Inches from the canopy works well for me.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

if you put a 800w led 15inches from the canopy it will be a royal fried chicken of major magnitudes.

there's no single LED that will cover 2x2m area yet, get 4 led bars made for 3x3 feet for that area so you have good enough coverage.

For example:
will get you where you want/need.

the leds are "full spectrum" but don't have excessive blue tho.. they are balanced, you want that blue too, less stretch and more bud nodes in flower.

Last edited:
Jambuster6

Jambuster6

LED is not so different from. MH. I use Marshydro as well and do well with them. Take a look at the product page for the PAR readings. Anything over 700 PAR is okay for flowering. Over 1000 is better. The lights you are proposing are good because the PAR does not decrease much over the recommended grow area. LEDs can bleach your plants so 12 to 15 Inches from the canopy works well for me.
Thanks for that 👍

Jambuster6

Jambuster6

if you put a 800w led 15inches from the canopy it will be a royal fried chicken of major magnitudes.

there's no single LED that will cover 2x2m area yet, get 4 led bars made for 3x3 feet for that area so you have good enough coverage.

For example:
will get you where you want/need.

the leds are "full spectrum" but don't have excessive blue tho.. they are balanced, you want that blue too, less stretch and more bud nodes in flower.
Definitely worth a look thank you

Top Bottom