OLD WATER COOLER DIY VORTEX BREWER

• Thread starter tattoojim
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
well farmers i have been wanting to build a vortex brewer, and doing a bit of research :).. so i picked up a old watercooler from a yard sale for 5 bucks..i was thinking i might b able to mod it into a brewer..and have tea on tap :D just pull the spikit and add as you need..mainly i wanted the cooler for a stand, but the more i look at it. the more i think it can b modded..my main question is about plumbing on the vortex..does the neck size of the bottle, set the size of the plumbing?

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
i have every thing i need except the plumbing..

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
i stalled out on this project,, been brewing in a bucket still..couple weeks and i will go back to it . sry :(

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

After I found this thread, I went looking for Lead's DIY but I think it got lost when the forum upgrades took place.... but here's a different link to some pics to help give some ideas

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
After I found this thread, I went looking for Lead's DIY but I think it got lost when the forum upgrades took place....
there is a video on you tube, that is almost the same as leads

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Just finished mine brother. Had some stuff lying around and considering the stuff I already had from another project... did it for 40.00. Not to bad if I say so myself. Almost there.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
Just finished mine brother. Had some stuff lying around and considering the stuff I already had from another project... did it for 40.00. Not to bad if I say so myself. Almost there.
shit bro ..i need to get my ass in gear :D..i brewed the other day in the good ole 5 gallon bucket, 3 air stone :(

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

LOL... no biggy brother... I was just excited that I made something that worked LMAO!

I was going to do it that way but I hate having to throw airstones away... they say you have to clean them with some type of acid. I just had some parts laying around and only spent an extra 40.00 bucks. I hated that I just had stuff lying around and if I would have sold my stuff... I only would have made a fraction of what I paid.

By the way... your grow is very nice brother. Thanks for keeping me motivated to push on.

masshole61

masshole61

Seems like the key to a DIY vortex brewer is to size the pump properly so you get enough lift in the vertical tubes that dump the water back into the vortex. Can any of you hydro guys tell me what size pump I should get?

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

Built this a few weeks ago, finishing up my third batch of tea today actually. I used a longer downward pipe thinking it might give it a stronger vortex, but I don't think it made that much of a difference and just adds to the overall volume of the system. I fabricated the(3 because they leaked/broke) 5-way pvc cross using a 4 way cross and coupling, and some marine silicone + epoxy. I'm going to order the right part,425-015F 1.5 inch 5 way Furniture Grade
and rebuild using a shorter pipe, probably not much higher than the fitting. I also used cleanouts on the bottom legs to make cleaning alot eaiser.

IMAG0618
IMAG0617
Top Bottom