Olde Or New?

• Thread starter UgrewWHAT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UgrewWHAT

UgrewWHAT

Ladies and Gents,
We have any number of modern day high percentage cannabis. Those of us whom are a little older may have experienced crazier highs from cannabis whose numbers maybe weren't so high.

Thing is, our open market these days is chalk full of Grandaddy's, Cookies, Sherbet's, Dreams, Hazes, Purple Cadillac's and I could spend a month by itself naming the names of the nameless and their higher and lower named subs etc.

But I clearly remember growing up in an east suburb of Los Angeles off the 10 freeway and I was a part of a culture.

Given my age range I was alert and well broken in well because my Mother worked at the phone company(GTE) and that whole place was chalk-full of the most mathematical, articulate, literary, horticulturally minded, musically inclined, seasoned, well traveled, native veteran Californian pot heads in modern history. These are the same people who installed land lines before we spent our lives distracted by iPhones. Back then the "big thing" was replacing wire with fiber optic cable.

This would be between the mid to late 80's through 1990 when I'd graduated.

I distinctly remember some absolutely insane highs and most of what was available were landrace and/or foreign landrace hybrids. Circa 1986 through 1989 saw myself and any number of my friends weekends, individual days and long evenings that were spent high as phuk and I've only had a handful of those highs(it was Tuesday and then it was Wednesday kind of highs).

*My personal list of what launched me into the stratosphere if not Chapel Perilous completely(against my will) are as follows by what they were called back then:

Guatemalan Red

Chocolate Buddha Thai

Panamanian(who knows, maybe it was the fabled Red?)

Michoacan(which looked like dirty thin whispy sativa spears that really didn't have a lot to them) but I remember having my head between my knees waiting for it to end!!!

Humboldt. Pfffffft! Who knows what it really was. Honestly. I've had coastal Mendo and Big Sur bud since then that tasted like what was being called Humboldt. See, we didn't have garage names for pot back then. There was good stuff and mediocre but that flavor can come from just about any west coastal region.

And one time only this unknown sativa that was absolutely cured to perfection; short thin, golden/amber/lime green buds with bright brick red hairs; smelt like banana tropical skunk with calyx's the size of my pinky nail; spiraling to a Corona bottle wide head. I was working at a night club and my DJ just said, "You ready? Here we goooooo..." and the onset was immediate; psychedelic, beyond thought provoking and you just weren't in control. Lol! Laced? Maybe. Who knows, but... I want whatever that was BACK!

Today, I have only found a Sage and Sour(Berkeley); a Jack The Ripper(Subcool); a Cherry AK(Berkeley); and one rare BlackJack at the Cup last year that rival but can't beat the highs that I'd had back then.

WHAT were YOU exposed to that just left you lost and inundated? Lol! Old or new. Either way.

Pretel

Last edited:
xavier7995

xavier7995

Thai weed in the early 90s was a real treat for my little buddies and i. Pinner joint got us stupid rolling around on the ground high. Was like 30 or 40 bucks an 8th if I recall, which was an outrageous price at the time, but there were a few extra grams in the bag that made up for it. It looked like brown garbage but wow it was strong. Was marketed as thai sticks but not on a stick so...

We had a bunch of "red" weed at the time...Jamaican/mexican/various south American countries. Who knows what it was.

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

It was an old school skunk. The kind that'd stink up the whole room, even double bagged. Passing a roadkill skunk, on the highway, still makes my mouth water!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I know where you were! I'm about 10yrs your senior, give or take. Thai stick was the stuff that really blew our minds, we used to call it opiated Thai stick because we thought it had been dipped in opium. Yeah sure, Panama Red and Acapulco Gold were head and shoulders above mersh (short for commercial) but nothing like the sticks.

The hash was pretty fuckin' good. Anyone else remember the pin stuck through a paper plate with a cup to hold the smoke in deal? I hear hash is done differently now. :p

UgrewWHAT

UgrewWHAT

Thai weed in the early 90s was a real treat for my little buddies and i. Pinner joint got us stupid rolling around on the ground high. Was like 30 or 40 bucks an 8th if I recall, which was an outrageous price at the time, but there were a few extra grams in the bag that made up for it. It looked like brown garbage but wow it was strong. Was marketed as thai sticks but not on a stick so...

We had a bunch of "red" weed at the time...Jamaican/mexican/various south American countries. Who knows what it was.
Oh how I do remember that Thai!!!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Lol @ pin hits,knife hits,elevator hits,and gravity bongs.makes my chest hurt thinking about it.who smoked that paraquat OG?
A good friend's brother got a hold of the paraquat weed, put him in the hospital. He collapsed a lung.

UgrewWHAT

UgrewWHAT

Circa 1988; Los Angeles was flooded with paraquat cannabis.

Who needs enemies when our own Feds send long term side effects into the street market? I mean, just exactly who are the enemy here?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
IIRC, about 10yrs earlier than that as well.

UgrewWHAT

UgrewWHAT

I remember street pot that had been caught at the border(Mexico) that was doused in diesel fuel, dried and was let into California. My sophomore year in high school saw a lot of it. I didn't smoke it but my friends all were.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Many moons ago, I used to have a friend (ok, he was also my dealer) who would go out to Otay Mesa mule hunting. He had this awesome little Baja bug that he had lights rigged up to, as well as (this is the part I REALLY didn't like) a rig that held a shotgun. He knew their routes, and when he needed more weed he'd just go out there and wait with his night goggles. When a mule came running through, he'd go pick 'em up and relieve them of their pack, set them free. Then everyone had weed again. :o

Latest posts

Top Bottom