Oldest Mother Plant

• Thread starter JustMeds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JustMeds

My first post here. I am curious what the oldest mother plant you may have is or how long you can keep one before you have to start over with a clone from her?

fatawa

fatawa

Ive kept one for just under 6yrs..just keep yur lights on 18/6..usualy only problem u have is height.u have more luck with pliable bottom branches as far as taking clones and having good outcome.but ive heard of one round me being almost 10yrs old.i choose to pull like 10 bottom branches right b4 i flip now.i lollypop anyways(so kills 2 birds w/1 stone) and then u dont hav to deal with a mother.

SpiderK

SpiderK

bodhi put out tons of info ages ago when he posted stuff like that.

and i think his are very small and maybe he trims the roots off like one inch every six months or so ....

im not sure about this really, lots of smoking going on ....

jeffsciv23

jeffsciv23

i have had mine for over a year and a half and ive been trying to keep small because of space limitations. i kept it in one of those small 5x5 square pots and would take clones from the top branches as they got tall and would take it out and cut about an inch off each side and repot it every so often. was going good but i couldnt keep up on how many clones i was getting off of it lol. once my flower tent is empty in the next week or so im gonna put it in there and flower it and start one of the clones as the new mother. it gonna be the only plant in the tent so i might do it DWC in a 18 gallon tub

Last edited:
Top Bottom