Olivia's cloning solution

• Thread starter SUPERBABY
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mr.Therapy Man

Id get me some clonex or olivias gel,that solution sucks and only makes cloneing that much harder,,I use power cloner solution in my cloner but the solution has very little rooting hormone unless it is power cloner brand.Id soak my cubes in ph water and use gel,its so much easier....just my 2 cents

S

SUPERBABY

i ph adjust it to lower than i need ..
in a few minutes i squeeze em a bit and if the ph
hasn't risen past what i like.. i use them

I heard that I didn't need to pH with Olivia's..not so?

Id get me some clonex or olivias gel,that solution sucks and only makes cloneing that much harder,,I use power cloner solution in my cloner but the solution has very little rooting hormone unless it is power cloner brand.Id soak my cubes in ph water and use gel,its so much easier....just my 2 cents[/I]

I have Dip n Grow that I've used with about 50% success..I figured giving the cubes a little pre treatment with Olivia's as well would improve my odds..

even it sucks, it was only 10 bucks (that rhymes)

:)

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
I only use Nitrozyme & Clonex gel. If I use plugs, I would soak them in the Nitrozyme solution for about 5-10 minutes to hydrate. I never ever use rockwool.. shit is just horrible for mother earth.. I never have to worry about ph with Nitroyme..

I never liked Olivia's crap, at all. I had horrible rates using any of olivia's products many many years ago. Clonex or nothing for me.. .02

K

KALEPONI

Whats this about Rockwool being horrible? I use it too, dont really like the outcome, stuff is too hard to clone from or even grow seeds in.

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

yea get the olivias gell and ez-cloner.. make your life so much easier..

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

Imo olivia's gell is better the clonex.
The gel is alot more thicker and sticks to your
plant alot longer..resulting in quicker roots
the clonex has always driped right off for me..
It must just not like me who knows..
I have roots in 9-12 days with olivias gel.
Regardless the strain..

C

crippled1

Id get me some clonex or olivias gel,that solution sucks and only makes cloneing that much harder,,I use power cloner solution in my cloner but the solution has very little rooting hormone unless it is power cloner brand.Id soak my cubes in ph water and use gel,its so much easier....just my 2 cents

Sir, you are missing the point.
Olivia's cloning solution is used to presoak the medium and then to keep it moist while the roots form.
It is not a replacement for the cloning gel, the 2 are used together.

C

CAPO

ya I used Olivia's a couple of times using clonex to try and give them some food while they rooted. I didn't notice a difference.
Hydrostore people are telling me to use bennies in my cloner. Anyone got a suggestion besides straight RO water in cloner? Would I be better off using tap water, I heard that somewhere?

Latest posts

Top Bottom