Omerta

• Thread starter Omerta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Thank you, Ina for posting that with urgency, and sharing with me. I cleaned the other day with distilled white vinegar. I've read that vinegar is a good way to kill off thrips. 1:1 is a good water/vinegar ratio for cleaning but to spray it that strong onto plants infected with thrips is like dropping a nuke on a city. Everything dies. I tried it on a dandilon... I threw it out yesterday. I dont have the funds to buy chemicals beyond what I buy for the house if that makes sense. What would you reccomend for a household cleaner that might work? I am going to reclean my GR with vinegar but if there is something better that I have why not use it? Lol. I might have bleach. Should I cut my sun leaves getting chewed on or leave them alone?
Thank you,

Respectfully
Omerta
You are correct about vinegar Omerta. Acetic acid is deadly to plants especially at the rootzone. I use Heinz cleaning 6% vinegar to kill hardy weeds in my yard. There are other methods . Keep formost in your mind as you continue to grow. It is a better ride and more enjoyable when you get your prevention dialed in so you don't spend lots of time battling infections/or infestations. Remember always an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of bud, or was that cure. :D lol

Omerta

Omerta

Good morning all,

I got done cleaning this morning, I couldn't yesterday but I got it done. I didn't realize just how dirty of a grower I am... so now that the cleaning is off to a good start i believe it's going to become a routine to keep dust from building up at all...

plants are looking good, they are still living so I'm pleased. Well very pleased. Always a good day when you both wake up and the plant still live. Lol...

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey all been a while, I got sick and am still sick but I'm coming back. Here's a a few pics on my canna-tsu and crunch berry plants
Nice, good to have you back. Get well soon. :D They are looking like all is well.

Omerta

Omerta

Nice, good to have you back. Get well soon. :D They are looking like all is well.

Thanks, I've noticed on a couple of the lower and mid sun leaves there is a browning of the leaves which appear to originate from the center vein of the leaf. ill post some pics of my sicky crunch berry here in a bit. I've just about got the sickness whipped but it still lingers.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
what is your source of calcium? here are some C deficiency photos. I cant say definitively that this is your issue. Are you using any foliar feeds or getting water splashed on your leaves when feeding?

Omerta

Omerta

I mist 32oz by hand outa a windex cleaner bottle. Lol. Mist gets on the plants. I got the plant in some sort of brown cube like form that wasn't soil... it looked manufactured. I didn't strip away the medium it was in and put it direct in my fox farm soil... as far as nutrients I haven't added any. Light water and soil.

Omerta

Omerta

what is your source of calcium? here are some C deficiency photos. I cant say definitively that this is your issue. Are you using any foliar feeds or getting water splashed on your leaves when feeding?

How would you go about feeding calcium to the plant?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Thank you, it was an accident. Lol[/QUOTE
good accident at that...…... Thats what you want to achieve as you train/prune em. Keep as many bud sites on the same level as possible. Spread them out :D

Omerta

Omerta

So I fed some offbrand miracle grow at quarter strength of what the container said... and then I topped her and stuck the top in some wet fox farm with a solo cub on top. I hope this works. Right now I'm at 100% cloning failure. So I hope this way works for me.

20190110 124622
20190110 141743
20190110 124738
Top Bottom