omg my flowers are turning dark :(

• Thread starter mannitu68
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mannitu68

So no shortening?hm ok some people said it speeds things up, i thought that makes sense, because it emulates the natural daylight getting shorter each day...and yes its mostly Sativa. But at week 10 im done. I hope so. Last time i did stop after 67 days, but the trichomes were just about to get amber, only very few. You can see that in the beginning of the thread. I only harvested because i was worried i might have budrot which wasnt the case at all. I hope its not really "84 days" like the seller said on the website. I have a carbon filter that kind of works, you cant make out that its Marijuana smell anymore, but it makes the air in the room...smell kind of wet, like youre sitting in the woods and can smell all the wet woods and trees and the moss. And the carbon filter sponges start to smell weird with all the humidity.I guess its because i have a small room and the plants vaporize so much water, my 12 sqaremeter room isnt big enough, so either way i have to keep the damn balkony door open. So better use the tube and get the air directly out. Would be so nice to have a little chimney or a 10cm hole in the outer wall.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
it's when it doesn't want to finish, like these long-flowering sativa landraces, then you may reduce light time

M

mannitu68

man im totally blown away by the organic Route. :) I dont know if its the Biobzz fertilizers or the soil, or both...probably also the fact i made mistakes in my first grow while using mineral...but im on the hook now. Its probably not really that visible on the pics, but the amount of resin is just ridicolous....its like sombody emptied a bucket of transparent glue over the plants. No comparison to the previous run.

The first grow i was like "man how do people make hash, theres very little resin on these flowers"..i think you can make out the difference if you look at the pictures at the beginning...seems a few things werent optimal. It was potent though. But i guess people put more weed in their joint than needed anyway.

DSCI2736
DSCI2738
Unbenannt
Novaracer69

Novaracer69

man im totally blown away by the organic Route. :) I dont know if its the Biobzz fertilizers or the soil, or both...probably also the fact i made mistakes in my first grow while using mineral...but im on the hook now. Its probably not really that visible on the pics, but the amount of resin is just ridicolous....its like sombody emptied a bucket of transparent glue over the plants. No comparison to the previous run.

The first grow i was like "man how do people make hash, theres very little resin on these flowers"..i think you can make out the difference if you look at the pictures at the beginning...seems a few things werent optimal. It was potent though. But i guess people put more weed in their joint than needed anyway.
Your not the only one to go organic 😉 it's just easier. You may not get the hydro growth rates with organics. But the terps 🤤 it's truly astonishing the difference.

M

mannitu68

what do you think how much time will it take for my plants to finish? Im kind of in a stupid situation here, not because im not patient but for other reasons. But im also not gonna cut them too early. Theres a good amount of trichomes that still look transparent, while being almost 8 weeks in now.
No I use dr. Earth and craft blend and knf inputs

Last edited:
M

mannitu68

hey its me again, in 2 days its 9 weeks and theres not a single brown/amber trichome so far. To me it looks like some are even still transparent. I went down to 11 hours light now. Anybody thinks its realistic to harvest at the end of the week, in 4 or 5 days?

I got 30 degree C in the higher canopy, but theres nothing i can do, theyre right below the LED panel and this radiates some heat. Hope its ok.

DSCI2749
DSCI2747
DSCI2748
Unbenannt
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
hey its me again, in 2 days its 9 weeks and theres not a single brown/amber trichome so far. To me it looks like some are even still transparent. I went down to 11 hours light now. Anybody thinks its realistic to harvest at the end of the week, in 4 or 5 days?

I got 30 degree C in the higher canopy, but theres nothing i can do, theyre right below the LED panel and this radiates some heat. Hope its ok.
ya looks to be a couple weeks still to go,
put hours back to 12/12..
if you can, increase the blue spectrum and lower the red spectrum

M

mannitu68

ya looks to be a couple weeks still to go,
put hours back to 12/12..
if you can, increase the blue spectrum and lower the red spectrum
🤯

i cant. im gone at 31.10 for a couple of weeks, at that point they have to be dry enough to put them in a glas for a couple of weeks without developing mold. I calculated with 67 days at the very max....hm...

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
🤯

i cant. im gone at 31.10 for a couple of weeks, at that point they have to be dry enough to put them in a glas for a couple of weeks without developing mold. I calculated with 67 days at the very max....hm...
mmm.. can you control your drying area climate?

M

mannitu68

not the temps, only the airflow. I just use the tent, i have a net for that. Last time i wet-trimmed, took 5 days until i could put the in the curebox. But still the humidity got over 70% in the time of an hour, so i had to open it a few times a day for a couple of days.

If i put the exhaustfan on max i can dry them totally out in 2 or 3 days but i guess thats not the optimum.

what about watering, shall i just use water without nutes now? Does that even make sense when using organic?

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

not the temps, only the airflow. I just use the tent, i have a net for that. Last time i wet-trimmed, took 5 days until i could put the in the curebox. But still the humidity got over 70% in the time of an hour, so i had to open it a few times a day for a couple of days.

If i put the exhaustfan on max i can dry them totally out in 2 or 3 days but i guess thats not the optimum.

what about watering, shall i just use water without nutes now? Does that even make sense when using organic?
I dry in my tent for my outdoor. I have been using the exhaust fan speed to control humidity. If it get over 65% I speed it up until I notice it dropping to 60 to 62%. When I dry in the garage I have to use a humidifier to keep the humidity above 55% @ 50degrees. My dry tend to take 10 to 12 days.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter

keep feeding it until the end, as it gets a little closer to the end just lower the nutrient amount..
well if you have a room or somewhere dark/little airflow, temp 55-63.. humidity 60 ish than you could just leave them till you get back..
maybe look into other curing methods, water cure, refrigerator..
someone might have some ideas for ya..
wait and see what some other growers advice would be..

M

mannitu68

keep feeding it until the end, as it gets a little closer to the end just lower the nutrient amount..
well if you have a room or somewhere dark/little airflow, temp 55-63.. humidity 60 ish than you could just leave them till you get back..
maybe look into other curing methods, water cure, refrigerator..
someone might have some ideas for ya..
wait and see what some other growers advice would be..
well...IT IS CLOSE TO THE END :)
but im not feeding much anyway...only 50% of Biobizz recommendation....they have 8 more days, on the 26th i have to take them out, ill have to hope that things happen now. 2 more waterings.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
well...IT IS CLOSE TO THE END :)
but im not feeding much anyway...only 50% of Biobizz recommendation....they have 8 more days, on the 26th i have to take them out, ill have to hope that things happen now. 2 more waterings.
8 days is a lot.. i wouldn’t worry too much.. just keep everything as perfect as you can, have them firing on all cylinders 24/7..

M

mannitu68

8 days is a lot.. i wouldn’t worry too much.. just keep everything as perfect as you can, have them firing on all cylinders 24/7..
shall i increase the lightintensity maybe? I must be between 800-900 PPFD now, but some people go way higher.

...but thats not natural, they might think summer is back and take even more time XD

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
shall i increase the lightintensity maybe? I must be between 800-900 PPFD now, but some people go way higher.

...but thats not natural, they might think summer is back and take even more time XD
no, just let them ride it out as is.

M

mannitu68

i just realized many of the sugar leaves look exactly like people say lightstress looks..the tips upwards, they get pale, formed like a little canoe.....you think its lightstress or just because were 9 weeks into flower? Theyre at this intensity for many weeks and they looked alright all the time...this seems to have started few days ago.

DSCI2758

DSCI2757

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i just realized many of the sugar leaves look exactly like people say lightstress looks..the tips upwards, they get pale, formed like a little canoe.....you think its lightstress or just because were 9 weeks into flower? Theyre at this intensity for many weeks and they looked alright all the time...this seems to have started few days ago.

View attachment 1294456

View attachment 1294457
Take the leaf temp i bet they are around 80f+ looks like heat/light stress and possibly due to lower potassium availability while they are in a high potassium demand phase. Possibly drying to much? Low humidity and higher temps?

Top Bottom