OMG What happened?? Please help. I dont understand whats happening here!

• Thread starter Joey518
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Joey518

Joey518

Apple Fritters from a popular california seed company. 70/30foxfarm happy frog/ pearlite mix from birth. 5 gallon pots. Under 2000w multi spectrum led grow light (only on veg setting i believe is about half the wattage). Inside 4x4 tent w/ fresh air intake and exhaust. Approx 70degrees constant inside tent. Humidity, relatively low. been on a 14/10 light cycle since birth. I feed with foxfarm veg nutes, a tiny bit with every watering. I have had 3 plants prior to this grow, on the same regimen. Same seed strain. This has only just occured with 2 plants. These are all of the consistent elements. So they sprouted a grew very well from age/day 1 to about 6 weeks. Vegging very healty, spreading outward and upward. As for the inconsistent elements, i was watering with tested and cured/treated well water. Then about 5 weeks, a friend of mine took over the process and was using gallon bottle store bought spring water, which i tested and it was in reasonable ranges.About a week or two later all veg starting changing color and yellowing from outside in top first then all the way down. Then tips of leaves strart curling inward, drying out, turning brittle, dying, and shrinking. I dont have before pic of these plants when they were healthy but I can honestly say that they were very very healthy and promising looking. ideas please? Ive checked excess and deficiency charts and its probing to be difficult to narrow down what really caused this. Have to figure this out before i can start next grow. Thank you all.

Omg what happened please help i dont understand whats happening here
Omg what happened please help i dont understand whats happening here 2
Omg what happened please help i dont understand whats happening here 3
Omg what happened please help i dont understand whats happening here 4
Omg what happened please help i dont understand whats happening here 5
Omg what happened please help i dont understand whats happening here 6
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I feed with foxfarm veg nutes, a tiny bit with every watering.
I think this is your problem. Fox farm soil is already hot to begin with, and you only need to feed soil at most twice a week. Your plant most likely has nitrogen toxicity and also a lockout from the N toxicity. Also you most likely dont need to ph your water in soil either. I dont anyways and many others dont as well.

How often do you water and how much?

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
That’s what I think it is too. Now just have to find out from what so it doesn’t happen again
Had very similar problem recently. Test the pH. Looks a lot like Nitrogen toxicity. Also had leaves shrivel like that from light burn, but doubtful here.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
I think this is your problem. Fox farm soil is already hot to begin with, and you only need to feed soil at most twice a week. Your plant most likely has nitrogen toxicity and also a lockout from the N toxicity. Also you most likely dont need to ph your water in soil either. I dont anyways and many others dont as well.

How often do you water and how much?
Not organic here. Why not pH flush to grab other cats and unlock Nitrogen?

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Had very similar problem recently. Test the pH. Looks a lot like Nitrogen toxicity. Also had leaves shrivel like that from light burn, but doubtful here.
Might be a little light burn but doubtful but again we don’t know how close the light is. I definitely think he’s feeding to much and using synthetic nutes so could also be salt build up that’s locking up the nutes. It’s weird that he’s done this in his other grows and had no problem. So I’m guessing this plant didn’t like it.

2Bad

2Bad

Might be a little light burn but doubtful but again we don’t know how close the light is. I definitely think he’s feeding to much and using synthetic nutes so could also be salt build up that’s locking up the nutes. It’s weird that he’s done this in his other grows and had no problem. So I’m guessing this plant didn’t like it.
I was thinking light burn as well. 1000w? How far is ur light

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Massive nitrogen overload has locked out other stuff. The soil has enough food.
You need a flush. Big time.
I hate flushing soil but when you feed in soil, it's needed. 15 gallons of clean water per pot. Then don't do anything else until they dry out.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
Well it’s settled. Our soil god @ComfortablyNumb has spoken 🤲. Should they pH the water or no? I’m learning now!

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

I was thinking light burn as well. 1000w? How far is ur light
Yeah but I think it’s one of those china gimmicks says it’s 2000w but really 200-250w I know this bc I have one😂 and he’s using half but definitely would like to know how close the light is to the plants

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Well it’s settled. Our soil god @ComfortablyNumb has spoken 🤲. Should they pH the water or no? I’m learning now!
There should be no need to pH the soil. FF has lime in it.

Soil god? Not me. LOL That has to be @Dirtbag, I mean, that's his name after all. Mr. Dirt in a Bag.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
There should be no need to pH the soil. FF has lime in it.

Soil god? Not me. LOL That has to be @Dirtbag, I mean, that's his name after all. Mr. Dirt in a Bag.
Never even dawned on me. I saw his wedding Crasher grow in slabs and I just assumed he was a bad ass hydro dude. 😬😬

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Never even dawned on me. I saw his wedding Crasher grow in slabs and I just assumed he was a bad ass hydro dude. 😬😬
He is. But his name is quite literally from seeing a "bag of dirt" sitting on the floor as he tells it. Ain't that right Yer Majesty?
Somehow "SlabBag" or "Rockwolly" just doesn't have the same ring. @Dirtbag

Top Bottom