OMRI Certified Organic potting soil $3.97 a bag!!

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Right now at some Home depots!..

I reuse my soil, ...but when I need more,

I use this.
Patioplusnewbag

good stuff in there too.

I was paying 5 bucks...the price went down! :woot:

hightide

hightide

That's a bargain!
Checking my Home dePOT tomorrow.

You know it's good stuff if the worms like it.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

dam ken good lookin out! save me allotta money on soil, it doesn't got enough drainage for my liking but thats an easy fix. Thanks ken.......Take it easy

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
yup ken you turned me onto this last year and im not lookin back.
Very Cool Man. Im Glad to hear that!.
I want folks to tell me what they think of it because I need to know if its working as good a I think it is. :)

I should do a side by side with some happy frog or black gold

dam ken good lookin out! save me allotta money on soil, it doesn't got enough drainage for my liking but thats an easy fix. Thanks ken.......Take it easy

Yeah Ohio, It could use a little more pearlite or Growstones would be good tooo.
Get some! Try it in a couple pots, and tell me what you think.
Always good to see your posts Ohio Bro!

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Right now at some Home depots!..

I reuse my soil, ...but when I need more,

I use this.
View attachment 317239

good stuff in there too.

I was paying 5 bucks...the price went down! :woot:

---------------------------------------------------------------

Besides Patio Plus, I use 3 c.f. bales of Kelloggs Garden Soil (vegetable) and Kelloggs Grow Mulch...

[jftr]:
The "King Nitro" drawing on the bags was done by Walt Disney as a gift to "Old Man Kellogg"--
they were good friends and it's <supposedly> the only time Walt Disney gave away his artwork...

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
---------------------------------------------------------------

Besides Patio Plus, I use 3 c.f. bales of Kelloggs Garden Soil (vegetable) and Kelloggs Grow Mulch...

[jftr]:
The "King Nitro" drawing on the bags was done by Walt Disney as a gift to "Old Man Kellogg"--
they were good friends and it's <supposedly> the only time Walt Disney gave away his artwork...

Very cool bit of Trivia Geo!
Yeah man, those big bales are great for filling big beds!

sky high

sky high

I wish our HD had soil like this. We seem too be on the full-on "Scotts" (Monsanto) truck route here....

Didn't look at the price (cus it don't matter if you have no choice and need it and after you live here awhile you can't worry about what >everything< costs)) but I think i paid about $15 for OF.... so this would be an incredible deal for what looks like a better mix.

Is Power Flower soil still in NoCal? Brown bags.....shit was just incredibly packed with goodies/was hot as fuck.

organicozarks

organicozarks

I would always make your own. I am weary of the rate of the soil amendments.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Obviously, this caught my attention. Right now I don't seem to be able to find anything about this product online, only their previous 'all natural' product, which utilizes sewer sludge.

Sky, I switched to other brands like Gardener & Bloom a long time ago (from Miracle-Gro, not FFOF and the like). You might want to check 'em out if you can find them locally.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Hey you guys (and Gals)..:)
I just noticed the Sow bugs in that photo. They were hiding under the pot with the worms
.I have seen a couple more in the beds..
Are those bad? :confused:

Worm530
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Obviously, this caught my attention. Right now I don't seem to be able to find anything about this product online, only their previous 'all natural' product, which utilizes sewer sludge.

You never convinced me of that Sea :bored: . Do you have anything to back up that claim? o_O
I say this with the massive respect for you and your knowledge . :shy:

sky high

sky high

Here...in a "local" sense.... it's Scott's, MG, "Supersoil", or one of the popular mixes from the hydro store @ $15-30 a bag.
Nurseries/garden centers are few and far between and cater mostly to the rich cougar gardeners who live in mansions in the hills. This is a huge reason I've been reusing soil....not to mention, from Sept- May (Winter), there is very little soil available but what the hydro store carries and what is frozen solid outside in the "garden" center at Casa De Pot...:rolleyes:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hey you guys (and Gals)..:)
I just noticed the Sow bugs in that photo. They were hiding under the pot with the worms
.I have seen a couple more in the beds..
Are those bad? :confused:
Not in my world. They mostly eat decomposed/decomposing stuff, IIRC.
When I was a little girl in La Mesa, I loved pill bugs so much I stuck one in my ear. Then, my mom had to take me to the doctor to get it out.
You never convinced me of that Sea :bored: . Do you have anything to back up that claim? o_O
I say this with the massive respect for you and your knowledge . :shy:

http://www.sludgenews.org/about/sludgenews.aspx?id=5
^^ This is an industry publication.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.ph...ellogg_Sells_Unlabeled_Sewage_Sludge_Products
^^ This isn't.

I am hopeful that the OMRI listed product is what I would *like* it to be, because I don't like paying >$10/2'cu for bagged soil, gets expensive fast.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
LMAO @ the pill bug story!! :woot:

Thanks for the links Sea!
Yeah, I would hope that OMRI would not approve of human waste..But ya never know these days :rolleyes:

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
In the mid 80's I was concerned about the possibility of heavy metals in the Amend and Gromulch products because of the sludge. (turned-out the heavy metals were removed centrifugally).

Patio Plus:

Composted forest products, composted poultry manure, pearlite, peat moss, hydrolized feather meal, dehydrated poultry manure, dolimite lime, oystershell lime, bat guano, kelp meal, worm castings...

Latest posts

Top Bottom