? on fiber pots

• Thread starter sk2004
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sk2004

This may be a stupid question. Had put some rooted cuts in soil in fiber pots. (no other options were available here and they needed a place to live) Soon ready to transplant into larger pots. Question is whether to leave them in the pots or peel them out for repotting.

Any advice would be appreciated

T

tattoojim

are they attached to the pot? if so i would leave them in the pot and try to cut wholes for the roots to push through faster.. hope that helps a little bro

Danoid

Danoid

If they are peat pots like these
I would wet the pot real good and tear the pot off the rootball because I have had plants rootbound even though they were up potted with this style of pot. The roots that have grown in to the sides of the pot may stick so be gentle when you tear it off. My opinion is the little damage you do to the roots in tearing the pot off will be less than fighting a root bound plant. Good Luck

cannabeans

cannabeans

plant it....

i plant the fabric pots and the roots bust through no problems. when the plants are done i let the soil dry out and everything pops out and the roots just wipe away.

B

bigdiezel602

i remove my fiber bags/ pots when re potting and use em to veg in, i like it better then plastic pots not so afraid of over watering the plants

Top Bottom