One 600w vs two 1200w led

• Thread starter Kl420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kl420

Kl420

Hey guys need some advice on lights for my next grow. Currently I have used 2 600w led lights with success in a 3x3 tent. But I want to double up my tent so I need more lights so before buying I am trying to decide if its better to get one 1200w or 2 600w led of the same brand. One 1200w is much cheaper but I think 2 light will have more dispersion. Also I feel the need to increase my power hoping for more yield. Any opinions in this topic. Also only LED is the option because only led are available in my country

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Idk how you can be using two 600w leds in a 3x3. Whats the model number for the leds you got?

AKgrow

AKgrow

You likely have 150 true watts of light. LED companies are allowed to state wattage in terms of "looks like". You have to go by the true wattage or POWER DRAW rating of the lights. You want at least 30 watts per square foot.

Kl420

Kl420

Idk how you can be using two 600w leds in a 3x3. Whats the model number for the leds you got?
Is that very little? True wattage is 240w per light. The brand is BestVa Dual Chip lights. So far it looks alright the harvest has been decent but I want more šŸ˜‚

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

Hmm? Interesting question that I also dealt with a while back... I was using 3X3 tents, only I was using 1 X 315W CHM lights in each of my tents, and I had 2 tents. Then I decided because of varying changing climatic conditions playing havoc on my grows from one grow to the next, I decided to opt and build a hybrid/closed grow room in my house (basement apt.) so I could control the environment (not a cheap option considering the investment) but hey, I'm another 1.5 years away from retirement and I have loved this hobby for a long, loooonnnnnggg time and have wanted certain things to be in place for requirements long after that so I made the plunge, and built the room. My plan was to build it in a small area that met the measured in length by 2 X 3X3's side by side without the tents and hang everything I already had from that, and add everything I needed inside that room I needed to control the environment in both veg and flower. Anyway, I wondered, since I do a SCROG; whether it was good enough to use the 2 X CMH lights I already had, or should I use a 3rd CMH and spread the coverage out to the sides more. So, after some consideration I decided to go all in, because I could. After already going in on a ventilation system through a basement window to accommodate an AC, I decided to place a 3rd CMH in the middle of the tent frames and spread the other 2 lights further to the edges and cover for more PPFD's to the edges of my grow room. Results were FANTASTIC. I increased my yield by at least 55% yield increase from previous grow tent experiences (including the introduction of CO2, which I give at least 25-30% of the yield increase, but the extra YIELD is based on lightšŸ‘ SO...depending on what it is you want versus what you can afford, plus the fact that just adding lights to a tent will generate more heat that must be controlled somehow, then you must contend with these changes also. A simple light added to your grow will also not be need during the early and mid growing stage...one light for me was more than enough during the grow period. In saying all this, you did mention LED's. You really need to do your homework on what best coverage you need for the area you have and how you want to do it. Don't be sold on the first review or video you see. Dig deep and determine what will need to work within your limits and your budget and make sound decisions from that. I would also like to add, that there are many good growers here on this form that can help in many areas of their own expertise on this subject, so, consider also what they have to add. Good luck in your future grows friend šŸ‘

20210507 140717
20210518 163201
AKgrow

AKgrow

Is that very little? True wattage is 240w per light. The brand is BestVa Dual Chip lights. So far it looks alright the harvest has been decent but I want more šŸ˜‚
Bestva says the 600's pull 135w from the wall and in the same ad say that the 1200's pull 165w. Then in the questions section they state the 600's pull 125w and the 1200's pull 243w. I'm not sure what to believe. They are dirt cheap too (30 bucks for the 600 right now), which makes me believe the numbers even less. I'd upgrade to full spectrum boards.

AKgrow

AKgrow

If you can only get LED in your country and you are on a budget, I'd say go for full spectrum boards. If the Bestvas are doing it for you, then stick with it. Maybe check out @SpiderFarmerLED when you are ready to upgrade.
Screw it. HPS. Drop weight. Or 2000 dollar array.
HPS setups are pretty cheap nowadays, if you can find one where you are. And they do work quite well, but come with other costs. Do your research.

Kl420

Kl420

If you can only get LED in your country and you are on a budget, I'd say go for full spectrum boards. If the Bestvas are doing it for you, then stick with it. Maybe check out @SpiderFarmerLED when you are ready to upgrade.

HPS setups are pretty cheap nowadays, if you can find one where you are. And they do work quite well, but come with other costs. Do your research.
Soo do you think it'll be effective to have 2 of those BestVa Led lights plus full spectrum Led Board together? They have completely different colours. Is this alright?

Kl420

Kl420

Gonna drop some photos of the current set up so you can tell if this can be considered successful or lacking yield. From 5 plants expecting around 100g dry wieght
20211110 142736
20211109 173020
20211109 172915

Latest posts

Top Bottom