One Branch Seems To Be Dying

• Thread starter Izarah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Izarah

Izarah

ive been struggling with this stuff for months. About to throw the towel in and call it quits since I can't seem to fix any of my issues and new ones keep popping up. This has started happening over the past couple days where my branch on two of my plants who are in veg have started wilting like they are dying. So far it's only the top part of the branches but I'm sure it will work it's way down soon enough. Anyone know why this could be happening or what could be causing it? I have them planted in 5 gallon pots, been having serious problems with leaves turning brown/having brown spots that I have no idea what's causing it. Also some leaves turning purple. Stem has some purple veins running through it but for the most part still green. They are under LED light 24 hours a day. Ph may be a bit off but I'm trying to correct that, just waiting for my digital ph tester as ive been using paper test strips which don't seem to cut it. I water every 2-3 days with around 6 or so ph water also been feeding cal-Meg every week and Ociantic pacific Gro plant food every three watering a (about 1 time a week) they are planted in black gold organic soil. I'd like to start flowing but nothing I do fixes these plants.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
After reading some of the responses in another thread, I find myself wondering about watering/feeding practices in conjunction with those fabric pots. Because usually, when you see a branch go like that, something has happened to the root system that feeds it. Salt build up could possibly do it (though *I* have never done it).

Dunge

Dunge

Stem fungus can take out an otherwise healthy branch.
Inspect stem carefully for an oddly colored spot.
H2O2 may provide delaying action, but can't say it is any sort of cure.
Good luck

Izarah

Izarah

Thank you both for the info! I've cut the branch off and am still trying to pull this plant threw whatever million things is wrong with it. I will let you know what happens but as of this morning that is the only branch affected so far.

incogneato

incogneato

is that a yellow sticky trap with fungus gnats on it? that could be your problem.
I noticed that too, fungus gnats attack the roots. Water with some h2o2 and start taking some measures to get rid of the larvae

Top Bottom