One full 8x8...

• Thread starter Average
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Average

Average

Got home and started inspecting the outdoor stalks. Saw a swell split which I love to see.... also saw a couple ants and decide Diotemaceous Earth was in order. Enjoy the trail of glass fuckers.

Clones are going... But night time for the flower tent. Opened for a min to take some pics but the phone with flash can't handle the amount of crystals. Saw some of the plants not benefiting from the food last night so it is time to flush for me. Yay!

The LEDs are making decent tight nugs. Of course it's not what I am used to seeing under 1000w DEs size wise but there are still two weeks of swell to be had so I am in good spirits. Looks to be a decent harvest for the first round. However I noticed a difference are the aromas...

Lemon kush flowers smell like a mid 30s sultry Latin womans' armpits on a dance floor in Columbia. Wow!
Haven't smelled the OG.
Secret cookies smells like secret cookies... But better somehow.

Either way these LEDs are great and I'm happy with the purchase/investment.

TBC...

Cheers!

IMG 20190718 173213042
IMG 20190718 172836267 HDR
IMG 20190718 175514950
Average

Average

Long days but it's not August and I'm still jamming like a California Rasin.
Looked at the crop last night and decided cutting and replanting was the best option. Lemon might have put on more but the cookies and OG were done @52 days.
Will post some pics of the replant and final product asap.

Cheers

IMG 20190729 175501318
IMG 20190729 183715926
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Clones are taking off and I am starting to worry about them over crowding the small veg tent. Will be cutting it close... 3ish weeks till harvest!

Cheers!
Hi, you said above that your temps get up to 90f and settle around 87f. Isn't 87f still too warm? I panic with anything over 85f. How do you maintain an acceptable humidity level with so many plants in a your tent? When I water 3 or 4 of my 6 plants in my 5x5 room the humidity goes way up, even with my humidifier running 24/7 I find it hard to keep the humidity down below 60%. How you can do it with so many plants has me wondering what your secret is?

Migrower

Migrower

I have tried to grow 2 plants in a 5 or 6 gallon bucket for 30 years, and EVERY time, the two plants were smaller than the single plants, regardless of how much stuff that was dumped on them to prevent any deficiencies. I seem to remember from a long time back, that roots tend to diminish other plant's roots, causing less growth. When two plants are in the same bucket, they are both smaller...maybe about 10-15%. This is from experience and not from a book, although I know that I heard about root intolerance many years ago. FWIW.
Root crowding is a normal and known fact in general horticulture. Infact so much that when planting hedgerows Of say boxwoods or even cedar for that matter. Usually holes are dug separate, trenching could be done but issues arise. And burlap is left on the sides and cut out the bottom to direct roots down instead of sideways competing with the others in the hedge. Dominant plants will sometimes starve out and kill a weaker plant next to it. Less competition for the sun. Some vines are strictly predatory in a way.

Average

Average

Hi, you said above that your temps get up to 90f and settle around 87f. Isn't 87f still too warm? I panic with anything over 85f. How do you maintain an acceptable humidity level with so many plants in a your tent? When I water 3 or 4 of my 6 plants in my 5x5 room the humidity goes way up, even with my humidifier running 24/7 I find it hard to keep the humidity down below 60%. How you can do it with so many plants has me wondering what your secret is?

Lol... My secret is keeping enough plants to not care. Seriously it's probably the climate. Average humidity here is like 10% or so. I see 48% before and after spilling 20gal. Maybe a 1-2% rise but that's all for summer. In my experience if they have humidity they can survive the heat.
Moved the secret cookie mom's in and transferred the clones. Will transplant all of them in a couple days and post the process.

For the record... It was 99Β° in there when I took this pic... Lol!!!

Cheers

IMG 20190731 204304411 HDR
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Lol... My secret is keeping enough plants to not care. Seriously it's probably the climate. Average humidity here is like 10% or so. I see 48% before and after spilling 20gal. Maybe a 1-2% rise but that's all for summer. In my experience if they have humidity they can survive the heat.
Moved the secret cookie mom's in and transferred the clones. Will transplant all of them in a couple days and post the process.

For the record... It was 99Β° in there when I took this pic... Lol!!!

Cheers
Ah yes, One of the lucky ones living in the land of sunshine lol I should have guessed that. it was 90 here yesterday and 85% humidity. I'm 7 - 8 weeks of flowering and with my humidifier going 24/7 pulling over 3 gallons of water out a day now, I still can't get it down below 55%. I'm able to keep my room down to 82-83f lights on with lots of air flow but this humidity sucks. Drying is another issue I have to deal with in this humid hell hole.

Average

Average

Ah yes, One of the lucky ones living in the land of sunshine lol I should have guessed that. it was 90 here yesterday and 85% humidity. I'm 7 - 8 weeks of flowering and with my humidifier going 24/7 pulling over 3 gallons of water out a day now, I still can't get it down below 55%. I'm able to keep my room down to 82-83f lights on with lots of air flow but this humidity sucks. Drying is another issue I have to deal with in this humid hell hole.

Get another dehumidifier... it's not cheap but it sounds like it might pay off. I'm from Alabama... I know humidity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom