ONE Gallon Challenge | Open For Discussion | Challenge starting March 1st/2022

• Thread starter PK1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Will you participate in the March 2022 1 Gal Challenge

• Total voters
Chip.Douglas

Chip.Douglas

As suggested I put them in the next container. (Spell looks wrong on Container but I dont know what I would fix... I might be high) to meet in the middle, I added castings to the coco and pumice mix I had. That's in the decomp containers now. I also buried them deeper.

I didn't take pictures. I just wanted to talk about it. That's why I'm in this one. I'll show you tomorrow.

My light is still at 50%. I have an oscillating fan now. It seems too big for my box so I have it above the light for now. Don't worry, it wiggles the plants.

I hope they change soon. This is exactly where the baked apple stalled on me. I have to clean the humidifier before I can put it in, but I brought that over today too. My grows are a 27 minutes drive apart so i keep bringing stuff back and forth. I only have one supply pile.

Does anyone have a ps4? My gamertag is the same as this one. I play rocket league.

Does anyone read comic books? I have a decent collection. Nothing rare or special. Very little marvel and dc. I dont care too much for established super heroes. It's played out.

My favorite is called Saga. The planet is inhabited by people with wings. The moon is inhabited by people with horns. They're at war for a really long time. So long that the war has moved away from their area and crossed the galaxy. Now every planet is being ripped apart by this war and everyone took a side. There's people with tvs for heads.

Moral of the story, a wing chick has a kid with a horn guy. Both become wanted criminals for it. Story is narrated by the kid.

I read 54 issues. They took a 1 year hiatus. 4 years later issue 55 came out. I'm recapping before I read it. I waited 4 years for it.

Ahh... I ranted again. I'm sorry.
I suck
I'm on series x have any crossplay games? Also on steam

PK1

PK1

Supporter
4 in my 2x4. All one gallons, but started before challenge. They’re the ones I took snips from and will flip shortly. So that space unavailable for like 3 months.

5 in my 4x4, 4ish weeks left, but then will need to dry in there for another two weeks. So tent occupied until May at the earliest.

2x2 has a plant drying in there for another two weeks. That’s the goal spot. But it’s only 4 ft tall. Primarily for clones and drying. Lst and/or super cropping might come into play. I few other plans taking shape, so we’ll see. Hence the “dust settles” comment.
lol, you've got your hands full!

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Get your game together @1diesel1 already catching up to your old rooted clone 🍿

B

BA169

View attachment 1224860
Final answer.

Removed pod from decomp. Set up a thing there... its holding it up. Waters from the bottom. Light is 8 or less from the plant. 30%

I'll be skipping the decomp completely. Pods straight to soil when I see roots coming out I guess.

I'm keeping the 1 gallon damp on top for humidity until my humidifier gets here.

I'm germinating a dosido in a paper towel and bag. That's what the second one is for.
The decomp pots are holding the rest of my coco and pumice. I'm debating on mixing it into the one gallons, but I'll probably just put it on top.
whats makes the stalk so tall?

E9noxis

E9noxis

I think my light was too far or not bright enough. They could have stretched to get the light... maybe something about Temps? I don't know.

I tried a Baked Apple strain before these and it did the same thing. But then it stopped growing and I lost patience. I pulled it and started these. They got the same tall and slowed but I put the pods they were in into my starter mix stuff I made, buried it like a half inch deeper than it was growing. Now the leaves are progressing.

I'm new too

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
@iX_Lazy_Xi im in rockwool not soil. Also, @E9noxis is doing a auto grow. He's is doing an challenge on top of a challenge 🙃

PK1

PK1

Supporter
looks like @DanC520 is leading the grow in finishing his crop 1st.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

So I’ve been doing it all wrong, I’ve got a few different grows under my belt using coco coir and not once have I buffered. Seeing my plants struggling with nutrient deficiencies and just throwing more nutrients at them has gotten old. I’m now convinced that I’ve been taking a half assed approach for too long, so I replaced my cheap ph pen with a Bluelab one, started reading the directions on my nutrients, instead of just throwing stuff together , checking ph before and after watering. I guess my question is should I have to worry about buffering my current one gallon if I’ve added a dry amendment to it already? It’s called mag-I-cal and is normally used for outdoor lawn and garden applications. Oh yeah the coir I’m using is made by Sta-green organics and they don’t recommend buffering because it will render it inorganic, but they do claim that it’s rinsed with fresh water not salt water. I know what I’m going to do with my next grow, I’m just looking for advice on my current one.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Yea so I only run autoflowers, in small pots the branches don't grow, the plant will stretch and flower but no branches, this is the best I could do in a 16oz plastic Subway soda pop cup.

20210227 184850
Microstraincollector

Microstraincollector

Tape 8 Subway cups together and you've got yourself an acceptable 1 gallon container... Damn frosty grow... How many roots are coming out of the bottom of that cup... My solos always struggle through flowering, mostly root bound issues.

Top Bottom