ONE Gallon Challenge | Open For Discussion | Challenge starting March 1st/2022

• Thread starter PK1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Will you participate in the March 2022 1 Gal Challenge

• Total voters
Microstraincollector

Microstraincollector

I'd say just make the contest run for 120 days from March 1st which would make the contest finish up somewhere at the end of June. Most plants finish within those parameters. If you're plant is done early, good on ya, post a final or harvest or whatever the final photo has to be and you're on to the finals. Your plant isn't done, challenge failed. That way there's no auto/photo categories... That makes it a challenge and there's no catering to a bunch of what ifs and hypothetical situations. Autos would mostly finish first, photos better be flipped in time to make the deadline... Maybe it's too simple.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
i've never grown autos so i don't know the time frame that it needs. I do see the point of having a end date as it will make the challenge more challenging for photoperiods but not for autos.
another point is that not a lot of growers are able to start in March and with without an end date these growers can still play along when they are ready. However, this will make it difficult if we get lucky with getting prices lined up.

Baconhead

Baconhead

i've never grown autos so i don't know the time frame that it needs. I do see the point of having a end date as it will make the challenge more challenging for photoperiods but not for autos.
another point is that not a lot of growers are able to start in March and with without an end date these growers can still play along when they are ready. However, this will make it difficult if we get lucky with getting prices lined up.
3 months for autos is what I've always read but some do go a extra 4th month I heard all depends on gene pool.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
lol, 3 month of photoperiod in veg is going to make a most yield and fates plant.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
lol, 3 month of photoperiod in veg is going to make a most yield and fates plant.
i made a mistake here. i thought you meant 3 months veg but your saying the whole contest to be 3 months. Thats possible for both autos and photos.

Baconhead

Baconhead

i made a mistake here. i thought you meant 3 months veg but your saying the whole contest to be 3 months. Thats possible for both autos and photos.
Yep everyone with photo will just have to do 12/12 from seed if they wanna make deadline

Microstraincollector

Microstraincollector

I can see that the juice isn't worth the squeeze for a 12/12 from seed grow yield wise... But I also don't think its much of a challenge if you get 8 months to grow and finish a photo plant so there's both sides of the coin

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
I can see that the juice isn't worth the squeeze for a 12/12 from seed grow yield wise... But I also don't think its much of a challenge if you get 8 months to grow and finish a photo plant so there's both sides of the coin
i think so far @ComfortablyNumb suggestions has been the best with no additional rules except for one gallon.
grower can choice their own methods on how to perform the challenge. I don't think having a end date would be beneficial as some plants just need a bit more time to finish and although its a challenge, i do want the grower who participates to have a tasty plant at the end.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Any hydro grower will blow a soil grower out the water with a one gallon pot limit. So this will just end up being a hydro challenge
in the past challenges there has been all sort of systems. Also, it's not about the speed of the grow but rather how your system and tactics are, how the flowers and plant look.
My very first challenge was on @tobh 1gallon challenge and i did it in a milk jug. lol!

PK1

PK1

Supporter
i wonder if these uni-slabs are 1 gallon

Top Bottom