One Girl Just Dies

• Thread starter highland420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
highland420

highland420

Came back to the room today and one plant just up and died. One out of the 24. Had lowered the water level to about 1/2" below the bottom of the basket. Clones are in RW. Week 4·5 veg. ? Leaves all drooping beyond the permanent wilting point. The pH was 6.2 PPM's 290 on a 500 scale. WTH?

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

What's roots like? Everything sealed off from light? Any funky smells? Was it just wilted dead or any browning?

ken dog

ken dog

Fungus gnats did that to me in my system... And went from one plant to the other right down the line.

I trashed everything, and started over.

highland420

highland420

Beginning to think it may be the Rockwool cubes are rotting the stems. And/or the grow stones did not get washed very good. Started the water level. Just under the basket platform. May have let the water t level remain to high during the veg. Have dropped to about a 1/2" below the bottom of the basket. Air stones start out very low and increased weekly. Champagne bubbles at first and increased as roots hit the water.

highland420

highland420

Keeps on happening. Looked at roots no pests in them. Rockwool is saturated. Stem appears to just rot in the RW and the plant starts to die. Pulling back grow stones to allow the Top of the RW to dry out. Should the RW sit higher in the basket? Grow stones were covering the top of the RW completely.
Leaves begin to yellow lower part of plants.

Week 2 flower.
RO water
Cal-Mag (30-50 ppms)
CS nutrients
Water temp 68
Air 78
PPM 330. (500 scale)
pH 5·9

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom