One More Time, Hi!

• Thread starter Imanoid2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

Imanoid2

One more time hi
Hey Everyone. Seems I’ve done this twice before. But, I am 67, started growing 48 years ago. Outside, then inside for obvious reasons. Though I do love a greenhouse outsides, the thieves and law does, too. Have been a professional gardener/arborist for a large city. I just created a new hybrid I call and have not seen anywhere else: Orange Starburst! If I can show a pic of a bud on here, I will. Always learning. And, through observation and trial and error, I have gained a lot of experience. Hate to take all that to grave. Fighting cancer. So, hello again!

I

Imanoid2

Welcome @Imanoid2, your bud looks good, now I see the mix.
To tell you and everyone one of my best secrets. Thanks for welcome. Trying to get the knowledge of 48 years growing this gift before I go. The color is true. But, the way I cure will be very controversial. The secret to a very cool, easy on the throat smoke is freezing! Yeah! Freezing. Immediately after harvesting I put paper bag in freezer for a day. I can hear it now! The trichomes will burst! No! The color isn’t the prettiest green, pink, blue, whatever. You smoking for color or taste and effectiveness in medical or other pursuits. It not only seals the bud somehow. If stored properly it will smell and the thc will stickup your fingers a year later. Anybody care to comment?

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

To tell you and everyone one of my best secrets. Thanks for welcome. Trying to get the knowledge of 48 years growing this gift before I go. The color is true. But, the way I cure will be very controversial. The secret to a very cool, easy on the throat smoke is freezing! Yeah! Freezing. Immediately after harvesting I put paper bag in freezer for a day. I can hear it now! The trichomes will burst! No! The color isn’t the prettiest green, pink, blue, whatever. You smoking for color or taste and effectiveness in medical or other pursuits. It not only seals the bud somehow. If stored properly it will smell and the thc will stickup your fingers a year later. Anybody care to comment?
So freezer for a day then what? Hang to dry? Straight in jars? I’m curious.

Welcome to the farm btw!

madgrower

madgrower

View attachment 769363 Hey Everyone. Seems I’ve done this twice before. But, I am 67, started growing 48 years ago. Outside, then inside for obvious reasons. Though I do love a greenhouse outsides, the thieves and law does, too. Have been a professional gardener/arborist for a large city. I just created a new hybrid I call and have not seen anywhere else: Orange Starburst! If I can show a pic of a bud on here, I will. Always learning. And, through observation and trial and error, I have gained a lot of experience. Hate to take all that to grave. Fighting cancer. So, hello again!
welcome!

I

Imanoid2

So freezer for a day then what? Hang to dry? Straight in jars? I’m curious.

Welcome to the farm btw!
I actually do both. The nice colas I hang. The separate smaller buds I lay on newspaper. Most early growers may make the mistake of drying or curing in a hot, or warm place. I have done it in my spare closet with attic access. Air is always moving from under door to the attic. Actually cool air. But, dry air. The jars come last for the best tops! Baggies do fine for the loose buds. Keep in dark. Light degrades thc.

madgrower

madgrower

a few years ago we harvested and as soon as we were done trimming i had a family emergency and had to leave for a week so i put the buds in the freezer when i returned i put the frozen buds back to dry,some people said it was the best they have smoked the smell was potent and they were very sticky when they were cured,i didnt think much of it till now but half of my next bud will be goin in the deep freeze

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

I actually do both. The nice colas I hang. The separate smaller buds I lay on newspaper. Most early growers may make the mistake of drying or curing in a hot, or warm place. I have done it in my spare closet with attic access. Air is always moving from under door to the attic. Actually cool air. But, dry air. The jars come last for the best tops! Baggies do fine for the loose buds. Keep in dark. Light degrades thc.
I agree I dry mine in a cool place with like 60% humidity and slow dry if I’m not trying to hurry it up. Lol.
I leave branches whole so all gets hung. That freezer thing is brand new but I’m willing to throw a branch into the freezer for a day then go about my normal process to see what happens. Hahah. It doesn’t seem that crazy at all

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

a few years ago we harvested and as soon as we were done trimming i had a family emergency and had to leave for a week so i put the buds in the freezer when i returned i put the frozen buds back to dry,some people said it was the best they have smoked the smell was potent and they were very sticky when they were cured,i didnt think much of it till now but half of my next bud will be goin in the deep freeze
See for some reason thag doesn’t seem crazy to me. Lol. Mag Benin to something here

I

Imanoid2

Right on. Let me tell everyone how I fell into this trick or method. My first outdoor in a greenhouse grow was nuts. The plants were already 3 feet tall. I’m puttin in redwood 4 by 4’s. I was about to put roof on when police helicopter flys over slow and filming me. I got caught in bed by a girl’s grandma once. I said, Hi! What else you gonna do? I waved. Kept working. I couldn’t eat it. For some reason they never came back. I mean I could see their faces. Well, I didn’t have anything to smoke. I was dropping fan leaves and got an idea. Before they would turn yellow on bottom I cut them off. I tried everything until I foze the leaves. They did not have the green hay taste. Actually cool to throat. Tried it with the buds. Great! That was about 1980!

I

Imanoid2

I agree I dry mine in a cool place with like 60% humidity and slow dry if I’m not trying to hurry it up. Lol.
I leave branches whole so all gets hung. That freezer thing is brand new but I’m willing to throw a branch into the freezer for a day then go about my normal process to see what happens. Hahah. It doesn’t seem that crazy at all
If you have a branch or buds to spare. Just make sure in brown paper bag. Paper anyway. For over 40 years I have got nothing but likes. I told my sons. But, now I’d like everyone to know this one. Cool and slow does it best. And, dry! Thanks

GrowzNCali

GrowzNCali

Welcome to the community @Imanoid2. Nice technique. Will definitely throw some of the buds from my first grow in a brown paper bag and freeze for a day. I think you've articulated the pros quite well. Have you noticed any cons through the years?

I

Imanoid2

Welcome to the community @Imanoid2. Nice technique. Will definitely throw some of the buds from my first grow in a brown paper bag and freeze for a day. I think you've articulated the pros quite well. Have you noticed any cons through the years?
No. No cons. I don’t sell. Best for my karma. Too many people know what I do. After all these years treating friends right seems to have worked. The only con is it does darken the bud. But, as I said earlier, I don’t care about the color after I cure. I saw it grow. I like you folks live with your babies. Only “ con” I can think of.

GrowzNCali

GrowzNCali

No. No cons. I don’t sell. Best for my karma. Too many people know what I do. After all these years treating friends right seems to have worked. The only con is it does darken the bud. But, as I said earlier, I don’t care about the color after I cure. I saw it grow. I like you folks live with your babies. Only “ con” I can think of.

Cool. I don't sell either. So my plan is to freeze a little bit and compare against what I didn't freeze. Compare things like color, flavor, etc. Excited to try it out from a connoisseur point of view. Have you also held some back from the freezer through the years to compare? And do you lose a lot of trichs once frozen that break off in the bag?

madgrower

madgrower

Cool. I don't sell either. So my plan is to freeze a little bit and compare against what I didn't freeze. Compare things like color, flavor, etc. Excited to try it out from a connoisseur point of view. Have you also held some back from the freezer through the years to compare? And do you lose a lot of trichs once frozen that break off in the bag?
i wonder do they stay on better because its wet

I

Imanoid2

The last question first. No, trichomes stay attached I swear. Maybe even better. Seems to seal it. If I did I would have tried something else. As far as keeping some to cure naturally, yes. But, not much. Even if I sold I’m sure there would be repeat consumers.

I

Imanoid2

i wonder do they stay on better because its wet
No, I don’t think so. As they are only fairly damp for a day. Never wet. Whether it’s the amount of water I flush it with then give it a extra dark period than one more night under the lights to bring everything to tops then whack! At first in the early days I hated doing it. Like raising a skunk for a pet! Lol. Then having to sacrifice it!

GrowzNCali

GrowzNCali

No, I don’t think so. As they are only fairly damp for a day. Never wet. Whether it’s the amount of water I flush it with then give it a extra dark period than one more night under the lights to bring everything to tops then whack! At first in the early days I hated doing it. Like raising a skunk for a pet! Lol. Then having to sacrifice it!

LOL! You gotta smoke them pets with no regrets.

brazel

brazel

No, trichomes stay attached I swear
Would you say you're pretty delicate with the buds when you pull some out of the freezer to smoke? Cause I do know trichomes become brittle and break off. That's why dry ice and ice water hash work. But now you got me thinking even know they're brittle they might need to be agitated to break off?

I'm dry cure lover myself but I also love experimenting and trying new things cannabis related.

I've done dry cure, water cure... makes since to try freezing cure! I'm in the middle of switching my grow back to my old spot so it'll be a moment... and by middle I mean all I've done is take down some of my lights !

Cheers and welcome
Sending them good healing vibes your way

Top Bottom