one of the most disturbing storys i've ever seen

• Thread starter 420bliss
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420bliss

420bliss

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...d=maing-grid7|main5|dl1|sec1_lnk3&pLid=165627

A newly released surveillance video from atop a Miami Herald parking garage shows the entire violent attack Saturday during which a naked man chewed off most of a homeless victim's face.
The video, uncensored though partially obscured and from a distance, shows 31-year-old Rudy Eugene in the last moments of his life: striking Ronald Poppo, 65, removing Poppo's pants, and brutalizing his face in broad daylight for nearly 18 minutes as traffic rolled past on the busy MacArthur Causeway.
Eugene was shot and killed by Miami Police officer Jose Rivera as he loomed over Poppo's bleeding body, but the video helps piece together the moments leading up to the gruesome attack and suggests the two men met by chance on the MacArthur's Biscayne Boulevard off-ramp, in the shadow of the Miami Metromover.
CBSMiami reports in a timeline of his last hours that Eugene, who spent Friday night with a girlfriend in Miami Gardens, drove to South Beach Saturday morning to check out Memorial Day weekend festivities and was unable to start his car to make a return trip. Abandoning his purple sedan, which was later towed, police say he at some point set off on foot across the causeway:
It was a hot day, with temperatures in the 90's, and a long walk. Either late that morning, or early that afternoon, police sources said, Eugene began his trek back to Miami. As he walked across the causeway, they said he started stripping, leaving his clothes on the walkway and in the road.
Cops found his drivers license and clothes strewn from the beach to the mainland.
Footage released by the Herald picks up a fully naked Eugene just before 2 p.m. as he walked down the exit ramp on the other side of the bridge. Pausing in a shady spot, he reels or spins slightly as a bicyclist whizzes by, then is mostly lost to sight as he bends over the homeless Poppo where he sat or lay on the ground.
About two minutes, later, however, Eugene rolls Poppo into the middle of the sidewalk. He appears to strip away some of the older man's clothing and then savage his face as Poppo futilely resists. Several minutes later, Eugene again drags Poppo farther down the sidewalk and continues to attack him before another cyclist rolls slowly by and a white car pauses on the off-ramp, just on the other side of a short wall separating the roadway from the bike path.
Gruesome photos circulating the web would later confirm most of Poppo's face, including his nose, eyes, and mouth, was ripped away, in what Miami's Fraternal Order of Police vice president Sgt. Javier Ortiz told the Associated Press was of the "goriest scenes I've ever been to." Poppo remains in critical condition.
"He had his face eaten down to his goatee. The forehead was just bone. No nose, no mouth," said Sgt. Armando Aguilar, Miami FOP president. "In my opinion, he just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time."
The Herald reports at least five passersby called police:
According to Miami police, the first call of a disturbance came from a passing motorist who reported seeing Eugene stripping off his clothes and acting erratically. That call was routed to the Florida Highway Patrol — it’s unclear why — and then transferred to the Miami police. Police have not disclosed the time of the first call.
A Road Ranger called to the scene also called 911 and used a loudspeaker to call for the naked attacker to cease. As the attack dragged on, two other motorists called police, as did another cyclist, Larry Vega, who later told reporters that Eugene “just stood, his head up like that, with pieces of flesh in his mouth. And he growled.”
The surveillance video shows at least two more cyclists pass before Officer Rivera drives up the off-ramp, about 18 minutes into the attack. Rivera can be seen approaching the scene at a normal pace before pulling his gun and quickly stepping into a shooting stance. Vega later told news outlets that when Rivera yelled at Eugene to back away, the naked man merely raised his head "with pieces of flesh in his mouth," growled, and began chewing again.
Rivera reportedly then shot Eugene once, but Eugene still continued to attack Poppo's face, prompting the officer to shoot multiple times until he was dead.
"The guy, he was like a zombie, blood dripping, it was intense," the New York Daily News quotes Vega as saying. "The closest thing I've seen to it? 'The Walking Dead'."
Though police theorize Eugene was prompted to attack Poppo by drug-induced psychosis -- possibly caused by a new drug called "bath salts" -- the Herald reports no drugs or paraphernalia were found at the scene. Toxicology reports are expected to take several weeks.

420bliss

420bliss

how the fuck can a drug make someone do that. and off bath salts? what the hell is that shit?

B

bckwht

bath salts is just a load of chemicals put together and then they call it "bath salts"...has absolutely nothing to do with anything but random chemicals being sold otc...i knew a few kids who were hardcore into coke and even they say that the bath salts are fuckin weeiirrrd and not anything like coke...every person ive talked to that did it just absolutely hates it, told me they were up for literally 2 days just teeth grinding and freaking out about it

from my understanding it is suppose to be a meth or coke substitute that you can get legally but its crazy bad for people and has killed many already..of the people that have died or were dying from this shit like 6 months ago, i think most killed themselves and many people were reportd to be doing CRAZY ass shit way worse than acid, well maybe some crazy violent acid or something.

but ya to sum up the question, bath salts are just crazy chemicals dumped in a can and given a very misleading name

nebulius

nebulius

Kinda puts a new spin on "Calgon take me away!"

Watch out for women who take bubble baths. Who knew?

420bliss

420bliss

PCP made people act very strange...not all; but some.

Heres a good link: Bath Salts

Interestingly (at least to me, it seems to be very similar to methamphetamine and methyl dioxymethamphetamine (MDMA)
images
images
images

ya and they change the formula when they make it illegal, i have seen articles that say​
The presumption is that most bath salts are MDPV, or methylenedioxypyrovalerone, although newer pyrovalerone derivatives are being made by illegal street chemists. Nobody really knows, because there is no way to test for these substances. i have seen where they tested
multiple different sources and some contained MDPV and some contained more harmful stuff.
( "street chemists" lol
made me think of Squiggly with all the scientific shit hes always talkin, not to say he is into that type of stuff)​

one thought i had when i seen this is they put out a fake story to scare people about bath salts but it looks legit.

datDANK

datDANK

it tilts the shit out of me about whoever first threw out "it was bath salts that caused this!!" ... really? now somehow it just stuck

although maybe it really was bath salts that did this... good educated guess

the day before this incident happened K2 and spice was made more illegal

true grit

true grit

Yeah def bath salts or pcp. Heard plenty of similar stories about pcp and naked murders/cannibalism but seems bath salts do the same damn thing and way intense with imaginary hallucinations.

that or the zombie apocalypse!! ha.

yellowhead

yellowhead

It's totally bizarre, isn't it? Bath salts is just the name that any number of RCs go under to make it more discreet to sell/ship them. Could be almost anything. Most of the RCs currently being sold have had very little research done into them, in terms of safety and side-effects. The "War on Drugs" has simply led to a new generation of more dangerous and highly unregulated drugs being created to try to avoid the legal barriers that have made other safer drugs illegal.

420bliss

420bliss

"...as people drove by and did nothing...."

what are you going to do besides call the cops unless your armed.​
"Rivera reportedly then shot Eugene once, but Eugene still continued to attack Poppo's face, prompting the officer to shoot multiple times until he was dead." took multiple rounds from a 9mm to stop him

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Bath salts and the synthetic pot (k2, spice and such) are the same chemicals. They just spray it on something and you smoke it or in bath salts cases you snort or shoot it. Fucking retarded if you do that shit. Plain retarded.

420bliss

420bliss

Bath salts and the synthetic pot (k2, spice and such) are the same chemicals. They just spray it on something and you smoke it or in bath salts cases you snort or shoot it. Fucking retarded if you do that shit. Plain retarded.

they arent the same. you never really know what you getting with them.

In January 2009, researchers at the University of Freiburg in Germany announced that an active substance in Spice was an undisclosed analogue of the synthetic cannabinoid CP 47,497.[11] Later that month, CP 47,497 along with its dimethylhexyl, dimethyloctyl and dimethylnonyl homologues, were added to the German controlled drug schedules.[12][13] In May the analogue of CP 47,497 was named cannabicyclohexanol.[14]

MDPV is a legal stimulant who's chemical name is 3, 4-Methylenedioxypyrovalerone, and is the active ingredient in "Bath Salts". A DEA report from December 2010 states that “preliminary testing indicates that the active ingredients in many brands [of bath salts] contain MDPV (3,4-methylenedioxypyrovalerone) and/or mephedrone.” Mephedrone, also known as 4-methylmethcathinone (4-MMC), or 4-methylephedrone, is a synthetic stimulant drug of the amphetamine and cathinone classes. \

true grit

true grit

"Rivera reportedly then shot Eugene once, but Eugene still continued to attack Poppo's face, prompting the officer to shoot multiple times until he was dead." took multiple rounds from a 9mm to stop him

I def agree with that. You see big naked dude pcp'd up eating a guys face off...yeah i def wouldn't intervene unarmed.

nangonug

nangonug

Premium Member
Supporter

The officer just forgot zombie rule 101 . Always shoot a zombie in the head! Every one who has seen night of the living dead or any other zombie movie knows to shoot them in the head. Its futile to shoot them in the body. It will save you many rounds to just head shoot them right off the bat! Unless of course if you are a bit sadistic, (as many police officers seam to be these days) then a few body shots to see them twitch around might just be fun! Then it could be easyly written off as a justified shooting cause you shot him and he just kept eating the poor dead f'ers face. so you had to shoot him a hundred and fifty two times to kill him! Or something like that. LOL If I saw a naked guy eating another persons face on the sidewalk I would know that it was the beginning of the zombie apocoolips (sorry I can't spell) I would shoot him (or her) right between the eyes, its a know brainer, ha ha get it a no brainer.... zombie... no brainer... I thought it was funny. sorry... Guess if I had a camera I might film it for further documentation before shoting the f'er but you get the point. I would have to shoot the guy with no face in the head as well. Can't take any chance of another zombie getting up! Shoot, a carfullly placed 22 through the eye would sufice but a 9mm should be a one shot dispactch! Careful about talking about cc and med pot in the same sentence. Our chosen one's have declared it illegle to own a gun and use med pot. A ffl dealer can not knowingly sell you a firearm if they know you have a med card! Even though our state has said its our right! Anyway different subject. Sorry I tend to ramble after multiple wax hits trying to get to sleep. I hate pain it sucks! Peace to all humans and death to Zombies

deep buddy

deep buddy

ahhh bath salts!!! wonder what it would happen if you actually put it in your bath???hmmmm....
they also sell it as plant food HMMMMMM???

but the real prob is that those salts are so inconsistent in what contain and how much and in what form, and alot of these things are way more potent if snorted. and kids are IV 'n the shit now. i bet thats what ole eugene was doin.

what happened to just droppin acid?

K

kolah

A good chest shot with the right ammo drops a man instantly.

No gun? How about getting hammer or tire iron out of your car and whacking the nutjob over the head. The majority of people today are spineless and self-centered. It's easier for them to make a lame excuse instead of doing something. I don't know about anyone else but don't folks carry pocket knifes on them anymore? How about grabbing a good sized rock and knocking the jerk into next Tuesday?

true grit

true grit

Idealistic hero thinking Kolah and not practical. I'm a Def do'er/stepper in but won't carry a gun due to my med status. And have you encountered folks on over the tops drugs? Often rocks, tire irons and bullets (as evidenced) won't do the job- it takes someone properly prepared- don't make others feel like they should do more than what is safe because they are exercising logic. Theres a difference in excercising logic and being a pussy or blatantly not caring.

Latest posts

Top Bottom